View Full Version : RIA Customer Service Question

09-06-2012, 7:01 PM
So I haven't had time to get to the range with my new RIA 1911 FS but ill get to do that very soon hopefully, My question is if I happen to have any issues with my 1911 and I am not saying I will, but I if I do and it needs to be shipped to Rock Island Armory how do I go about doing that, I know I'll have to contact them but do I have to mail it my self or will they send me a pre paid shipping box. Any of you guy had to do this yet with your 1911.

09-06-2012, 7:38 PM
Also if some issue was bad enough to replace the entire gun for some reason, I know they would send me a new one but what happens to the old one as far as the serial number goes sense it's registered to my name, how does that work.

09-06-2012, 7:45 PM
All the paperwork for registration comes with the pistol , should you need it .

Yes they will take care of shipping both ways , and if a new pistol is what they decide is needed they will take care of the transfer . In case you havnt been over there yet 1911forum.com has a RIA section just for RIA owners . Lots of info to be had.

09-06-2012, 7:49 PM
Thanks a bunch bud.

09-07-2012, 5:37 AM
Ok I was able to talk to someone over on the 1911 forum they answered some of my questions, but i still have one question unanswered and that is if I have problems with my RIA 1911 and end up sending back to Armscor after they get it all squared away and ready to ship it back to me, will they ship it to my home address or will they have to send it to my local FFL. Thanks

09-07-2012, 10:27 AM
You can ship direct to a gunsmith who has an FFL or gun manufacturer and they can ship straight back to your house. If the gun needs to be replaced for any reason and the replacement frame has a different serial number, then the gun will have to go through an FFL and DROS has to be paid and the 10 day waiting period will happen. I had an issue with a RIA Match that needed to be replaced and Armscor paid to ship the pistol and all fees when the gun was replaced.....as most manufacterers will and should.

I've also had a Ruger MKII pistol that Ruger did the same for as well as a Colt Gold Cup from Colt. In all cases I was reimbursed for all charges I paid.

09-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Why don't you cross that bridge when you come to it?

09-07-2012, 12:06 PM
ok thanks guys