View Full Version : 870 fixed stock with palm swell options?

09-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Is there any type of palm swell stock with a more upright grip for the 870? If any of you are familiar with the Rem 700 Police stock then you'll know what I'm talking about. I like the beefy look of the Magpul stock, but the grip is still thin with a very low angle. If it had a thick grip with a 1911 angle it would be for me. What are the other options I have?

Please keep in mind I want a fixed stock, NOT collapsible!

09-06-2012, 7:16 PM
Have you looked at Speedfeed? Below is a Speedfeed IV, which I run on my 870. The grip is more than beefy enough for me, and I have big hands. The grip angle is a bit more vertical, maybe not as much as you want but it might be worth a look. If you need even more grip circumference you could build up a slight palmswell and then put a grip wrap on over it.

They also make a reduced LOP marked Speedfeed IV-S.

09-06-2012, 10:49 PM
I'd imagine that to feel like shouldering an A2 service rifle...which is a nice, familiar feeling. What sucks is that you can't walk into a store and ask if you could screw on a brand new stock to see if you like it before you buy.

09-07-2012, 9:29 AM
If you don't mind a drive up to Santa Rosa, Markell's inventories these in the various models. He might have one to try on. (707) 573-0792 open Monday through Friday.

I'm not the only guy in the Bay Area with a Speedfeed stock, I'm sure some Calgunner looking in here would be willing to let you have a test drive on theirs. You can test drive mine at some point, if you don't mind a drive up to Bullseye in San Rafael. Just let me know.

09-13-2012, 1:07 PM
Picked up a Speedfeed IV-S for $55 and can't wait to put it through some shells! It has a nice grip, and the shoulder-ability that I wanted. Thanks for the suggestion!