PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle Brake/Flash Suppressor on a Stoeger 2000

mallcrawler
09-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Sooooo I've been thinking about the never ending battle of saving my shoulder from the monster known as recoil on my M2000. Note: its the 18.5" w/ a PG. I was over on the SGW boards and saw a thread on barrel porting... One of the thread posters mentioned checking these muzzle brakes (http://kingarmory.com/king-armory-products/shotgun-muzzlebrakes-flash-suppressors/) out. I'm not super sure how well barrel porting works, but I do know that muzzle brakes do help a bit (on rifles at least). My concern is legality... so I figured I'd ask over here in the Kalifornikastan board before I go to waste time waiting on the government's great response times. King Armory says that it serves as a muzzle brake/flash suppressor... but will that put that into consideration for 922r or illegal in-state? Thanks!

-J

prc77
09-06-2012, 5:21 AM
Sooooo I've been thinking about the never ending battle of saving my shoulder from the monster known as recoil on my M2000. Note: its the 18.5" w/ a PG. I was over on the SGW boards and saw a thread on barrel porting... One of the thread posters mentioned checking these muzzle brakes (http://kingarmory.com/king-armory-products/shotgun-muzzlebrakes-flash-suppressors/) out. I'm not super sure how well barrel porting works, but I do know that muzzle brakes do help a bit (on rifles at least). My concern is legality... so I figured I'd ask over here in the Kalifornikastan board before I go to waste time waiting on the government's great response times. King Armory says that it serves as a muzzle brake/flash suppressor... but will that put that into consideration for 922r or illegal in-state? Thanks!

-J

Yes, you can have a brake on a shotgun.Don't know about 922r though. I do have a KA1212 on my Moss 500. I do like it, alot. It does everything KA says it does.

mallcrawler
09-06-2012, 4:53 PM
Well glad to hear that brake is nice. My concern is that my M2000 is a semi-auto with a pistol grip (not sure if that matters as its a single unit with the stock).

prc77
09-06-2012, 6:35 PM
Well glad to hear that brake is nice. My concern is that my M2000 is a semi-auto with a pistol grip (not sure if that matters as its a single unit with the stock).

Check the flow chart