PDA

View Full Version : Need some tires

Calgunz420
09-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Time of the year for new set of tires. If you guys/gals know of any good tire shop in the bay area Pm me. Looking for a good deal, plan on buying p265/70/16 or p275/70/16 for Toyota Tacoma.

mstgtmr
09-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Get the best price you can the go to America's Tire Co in your area and theyll beat it if they aren't the lowest.

PatientCone
09-15-2012, 8:40 AM
Get the best price you can the go to America's Tire Co in your area and theyll beat it if they aren't the lowest.

eh, Americas tire is rarely the lowest, in fact they usually are fairl high in pricing. Do a little research and try to find a smaller independent that does a large volume of tires, that is where your best price is going to be. If know I am in SoCal but if you want quote comparisons or anything, just PM me.

alohajeff
09-15-2012, 8:58 AM
The price depends largely on the brand / tread pattern. If you want the "name" you will pay more for it. Costco can be competitive in some lines, and so can TireRack.com ... Allen Tire in SoCal generally has excellent web prices that their stores will match. Check out TireCrawler.com too.

Buying locally is my preference even if it means spending a few more bucks. If the tire has any problems it is easier to get resolution with a local dealer than a web dealer. Another option is to watch for the 4WheelParts buy 3 get 1 free deal on ProComp (their house brand) tires. It usually starts up this time of year.

Aloha