View Full Version : First time buyer experience at Pasadena

09-05-2012, 8:49 AM
Hi there everybody! First time owner here. I'd like to share with you my experience I had yesterday at Turners in Pasadena.

I had never purchased any firearm before. I was somewhat nervous and lost on how to go through the procedure correctly. Thanks to forums such as Calguns and the salesperson in the store, it end up to be a very pleasant experience.

I was there around 3 PM and boy the store is busy for sure. Well stocked and organized, great first impression. Although putting the check out right next to the entrance does have an impact on the traffic flow of people coming in and going out.

I took the HSC in less than 3 minutes with perfect score. Got it signed and was told to go to the opposite side of the store and have an instructor sign it. There were 3 salesperson and all of them are busy doing paperwork for new purchases. However Pam was very nice and greeted and asked what she can do for me. I told her that I have a reserved USP for claim, she then told me Hector would be the one to talk to but he hasn't returned yet so if I don't mind to wait for a while.

I agreed. About 10 minutes later another gentlemen named Ted, who was the instructor signed my HFC, asked me what he can do for me. I explain to him about the situation and he then asked another associate about the pistol. They told him where it was being held at. He told me he'll get me started once he finishes the current new claim sales.

I was surprised how efficient everybody are with a pretty busy store. Everybody gets greeted promptly and no frown can be seen but smiles, even funny small talks! It definitely made me felt at ease, especially around something I'm excited about.

A few moments later Ted went to pick up the reserved pistol for me and inspected it, handed over to me and I was a happy camper. I told him that let's get this started and handed him the needed documents, which I inspect and check out soon-to-be-mine USP.

Ted was very nice, asked me if I have any questions regarding the firearm and anything else he can help me with. We had a little chat and before you know it, we were finished with all the paperwork. Then he told me when to pick it up and have a nice day.

The whole thing took about 90 minutes, but that was purely due to how busy they were, even for a Tuesday afternoon.

I am not sure why a lot of people have bad experiences at Turner, but I can safely say that my experience is not part of the statistics.

Thanks Turner and everybody at Calguns for helping this first time owner with a great experience!

09-05-2012, 1:25 PM
Ted is a super good guy.

09-06-2012, 6:53 PM
I've purchased numerous guns from Pasadena even though I live only about 5 minutes from the reseda location. Pasadena is full of helpful cheerful staff.

09-07-2012, 4:50 AM
Ted is the BEST! He's helped me on most of my purchases (I bought 4 through him so far). He is super friendly and acknowledges me and remembers my wife by name even though if we've been away from the store for a while. He always goes the extra mile to help me out. I just wished he makes commission as well. But nonetheless, when I go to buy, I always ask for him.

I've even referred 4 friends to Turner's Pasadena just to buy from Ted and they agree he is the best employee to deal with over there.

Tee Why
09-08-2012, 6:36 PM
Hector helps me with most of my sales but all the folks at the Pasadena store are good IMO. As a matter of fact, I just bought a gun from Hector today. Man they were super busy but everyone was cheerful.