PDA

View Full Version : AppleSeed Questions

BraveUlysses
09-05-2012, 8:12 AM
My girlfriend and I want to attend an Appleseed event.

1. How long is the event each day? My GF has a new puppy and doesn't feel comfortable yet leaving the puppy at alone all day long?

2. I have a couple of 10/22s that I think are probably perfect for this event. But, I really want to try using an old Colt AR15 (retro style with the triangular front hand guards and iron sights). Should I ditch the idea and just use a 10/22? Would the report of the .223 be too disturbing for some? I absolutely don't want to put off the any of the younger or female first time shooters.

Thanks!

Rock6.3
09-05-2012, 8:22 AM
Length of the event: 8:30am to approximately 5:00pm both days.

Many will suggest using rimfire to avoid the wallet flinch.
However a few years ago centerfire was the normal at Appleseeds. Personally I've done it with .22 rimfire, .223, and 30-06.

Disturbing? We are at a rifle range!!!!!

Bring what you want, centerfire is more than welcome.

BraveUlysses
09-05-2012, 8:25 AM
Very cool. Thanks Much.

BakaLogic
09-05-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm set to attend my first on the 29th/30th but I've been reading up on it.

I think they would suggest to bring both rifles so you have a backup in case something happens to your primary.

You are also allowed to switch out rifles in between events/activities if I'm not mistaken. So you can switch between rimfire/centerfire as strikes your fancy at certain points.

ccandgc
09-05-2012, 12:38 PM
I don't know which range, or what their rules are, but maybe your GF could bring the puppy in a crate, so she could keep an eye on it....and let the puppy out to use the bathroom in between rounds.....

GJC
09-17-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm set to attend my first on the 29th/30th but I've been reading up on it.

I think they would suggest to bring both rifles so you have a backup in case something happens to your primary.

You are also allowed to switch out rifles in between events/activities if I'm not mistaken. So you can switch between rimfire/centerfire as strikes your fancy at certain points.

Sounds like your going to the one in Dulzura? If so I will see you there. Lots of fun and will definitely make you a better shooter. It did for me.:D

BakaLogic
09-17-2012, 2:58 PM
Sounds like your going to the one in Dulzura? If so I will see you there. Lots of fun and will definitely make you a better shooter. It did for me.:D

Yup! I'm excited for it!

I bought a Marlin 795 a couple weeks ago and I've been shooting it but never had formal training. Definitely looking forward to it. Seems like a fun time. :)

See you there!

GJC
09-17-2012, 4:02 PM
That's what I shoot with, Marlin 795 :D

Lead Waster
09-25-2012, 2:56 PM
I don't know which range, or what their rules are, but maybe your GF could bring the puppy in a crate, so she could keep an eye on it....and let the puppy out to use the bathroom in between rounds.....

This is good if you want a deaf puppy.

ccandgc
09-25-2012, 3:01 PM
Obviously not right on the line.

desertjosh
09-27-2012, 9:18 AM
Yup! I'm excited for it!

I bought a Marlin 795 a couple weeks ago and I've been shooting it but never had formal training. Definitely looking forward to it. Seems like a fun time. :)

See you there!

Yay! Im going too. Ill be there with my dad and a buddy of mine. I went last year and it was a blast!