PDA

View Full Version : WTS 2005 VW GTI 1.8T (Inland Empire)

lawnrevenge
06-25-2007, 8:26 AM
I want to sell my car, I need a truck for work and so will let this go for what I still owe on the loan. If you want to take over payments (through the lender) that's fine.

I'm asking $15,500 it has 60,000 miles on it.

www.geocities.com/lawnrevenge

has some photos and description. If you have anyquestions, ask.

lawnrevenge
06-26-2007, 1:34 PM
Just out of curiosity why are there no bites?

rollyourown
06-26-2007, 1:48 PM
inlandempire.craigslist.org and www.recycler.com are your friends when it comes to selling autos and motorcycles. Put it up for sale on those two places and you will get more bites than you will know what to do with.

lawnrevenge
06-26-2007, 2:06 PM
It's on craigs list, soon in recycler too. Just curious if it was due to something in my listing; price, type of car, location, etc.

EBWhite
06-26-2007, 2:16 PM
Just out of curiosity why are there no bites?

I would have to say it is priced a tad bit too high. However, thats what you owe on it so I understand the price.

Also, these VW are not very reliable. Small niche market for them. Advertise in the LA area, not 909

lawnrevenge
06-26-2007, 8:08 PM
Thanks for the input. For 60,000 miles in two years it's been very reliable. My sister's Jetta is past 100,000 miles and is going strong-on major repair (if you can call it that) was the water pump. The unreliable statement often comes up, but the only cars I've seen with huge reliability problems are Kia, Ford, Daewoo, Hyundai. But I do understand the niche thing. As far a s quality-VWs seem to beat out the rice offerings and compete with American cars. Nice interiors, great standard features. If my car could hold 4 big guys and a bunch of equipment, go off-road-I'd keep it. But a roof rack and a lift kit (like they make one) would pn;y be a bandaide.

esskay
06-27-2007, 12:39 AM
You could also try posting on car forums. Big VW forum that I remember from several years ago was VW Vortex:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/