PDA

View Full Version : Another SSE Question.

nightwolf0215
09-04-2012, 9:08 PM
I am thinking of getting an MP5 clone. Belator is having some really nice ones for a decent price. But again, they would need to be modified to get into CA. My question is:

If the gun is SSE converted (Mag Blocked to 0 capacity) does it still need to be fixed mag?

Quiet
09-04-2012, 9:25 PM
A detachable magazine that can be accepted outside of the pistol grip is a restrictive feature on semi-auto handguns. [PC 30515(a)(4)(D)]

Therefore, in order to be CA legal, semi-auto pistols that have magazines outside of the pistol grip must operate from a fixed 10 round or less magazine.

Penal Code 30515
(a) Notwithstanding Section 30510, "assault weapon" also means any of the following:
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearer's hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

Bartin
09-04-2012, 9:30 PM
however an SSE version is by definition not a semi auto. But I think to claim it as true SSE the 0rd magazine would have to be fixed. If you blocked the magwell instead, you would have a single shot pistol so it shouldn't trip AW laws due to the magwell outside the grip. I may be mistaken though

nightwolf0215
09-04-2012, 9:59 PM
I am thinking of making a permanent block to insert it in for the purpose of SSE. That way, its counted both as fixed mag and sse. But like quiet said. It should be fixed.