PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running a Insight WX150?

Sturnovik
09-04-2012, 4:32 PM
I already have two TLR 1's and was looking at getting one of these. The reviews on them looked excellent and there made domestically which is a plus. I read a very minor amount of people saying there were some tolerances and looseness issues involving the clamping system. Anyone had those or have any opinions on the light?

Saw it on http://www.botachtactical.com/inwxramotale.html and hears some mixed feelings about the site. Anyone have ideas?

tal3nt
09-04-2012, 6:19 PM
Botachtactical.com is a legitimate site, I get my G19 mags from them for 22 bucks. They most likely won't have that wx150 in stock however, and they don't let you know if they do or not prior to buying, so you'll probably end up waiting a few weeks. They do give you the option to cancel your order if the product is backordered however. I usually wait because their prices are very competitive. As for the light, I just bought a Insight M3 LED, should be here in a week, I'll report on it then..

fullrearview
09-04-2012, 6:24 PM
Just got some of these for my department. They are decent. I run the Blackhawk! Xiphos, so I can't give you any working experience with it...

I do know that they are discontinuing it. Our vendor can't even fill our order of nine (9)... Even at a loss.

Brandon04GT
09-04-2012, 6:32 PM
I was gonna get this, but I got an M3X LED instead. I'm guessing there's a chance both of them use the same LED assembly.

BUSAChief
09-04-2012, 7:33 PM
Been running them for a while. Have 2. One was on a duty and SWAT G22, the other on my off-duty G23. Been totaly solid. Dropped the B-jeez out of the G22 with a WX150 on it to demo lanyards for maritime ops. Hit the deck much harder than I had planned. (Yes the gun was unloaded, but with a weighted dummy mag.) Dented the bezel on the light but still worked/works fine. (And still fits the holster.) Glock was fine too.

Also fits everything the M3 fits.

Sturnovik
09-04-2012, 8:44 PM
Botachtactical.com is a legitimate site, I get my G19 mags from them for 22 bucks. They most likely won't have that wx150 in stock however, and they don't let you know if they do or not prior to buying, so you'll probably end up waiting a few weeks. They do give you the option to cancel your order if the product is backordered however. I usually wait because their prices are very competitive. As for the light, I just bought a Insight M3 LED, should be here in a week, I'll report on it then..

Good to hear! I heard for the most part their good.

Just got some of these for my department. They are decent. I run the Blackhawk! Xiphos, so I can't give you any working experience with it...

I do know that they are discontinuing it. Our vendor can't even fill our order of nine (9)... Even at a loss.

Oh crap they are? I heard most people like those lights, wish they'd keep them running. Now I have to find a place that has them in :/.....

You guys running them on Sigs?

Id be content with the M3 LED model but can't find them anywhere for less than 120. I like that the WX150 is shorter than streamlight and surefire and older insights.

Been running them for a while. Have 2. One was on a duty and SWAT G22, the other on my off-duty G23. Been totaly solid. Dropped the B-jeez out of the G22 with a WX150 on it to demo lanyards for maritime ops. Hit the deck much harder than I had planned. (Yes the gun was unloaded, but with a weighted dummy mag.) Dented the bezel on the light but still worked/works fine. (And still fits the holster.) Glock was fine too.

Also fits everything the M3 fits.

Good to hear they fit both!

Brandon04GT
09-04-2012, 9:09 PM
I woulda gotten the WX150 but I didn't really like how it looked compared to the M3X....probably not the greatest idea to trade function for style but oh well. I think I paid $140-150 for my M3X led.

GlennG31
09-04-2012, 9:50 PM
I have a WX150 on a Beretta M9A1. I purchased it from another Calgunner in the Marketplace. Once I tightened the hex screws on the clamp, the fit was tight. No looseness at all. The LED lamp is nice and bright. No complaints from me. I love it.

Sturnovik
09-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Good to hear! I found 2 sites that are having a closeout on them. Probally find a new one on eBay worse comes to worse. Thanks for the input guys.

fullrearview
09-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Oh crap they are? I heard most people like those lights, wish they'd keep them running. Now I have to find a place that has them in :/.....

You guys running them on Sigs?

!

That's what our vendor told me... We are running them on sigs. No issues as of yet, but we only have two of our nine.

We have had a few issues with the Xiphos... The battery cap is poorly designed and comes off often. Thankfully, it gets pinned against the trigger guard and still works... Even while shooting.

The other issue, is with the clamp. Got in a foot pursuit and had to reholster quickly... The clamp bent and the light fell off after the suspect surrendered. I have fixed it since, and have had no issues.