PDA

View Full Version : My First CZ (questions)

PAKALO
09-04-2012, 8:56 AM
So ive narrowed it down and im thinking about buying a CZ 9mm... My 1911 is SA and im fine with that. But there are so many choices of the CZ 75b I dont know what one to get. I like the decoker version but not a must.. safety is cool but not a must.. The sp-01 is sweet but to much on it. I just want a plain jane CZ with no bells a whistles?? whats the biggest diff between DA and SA? What do most of yall CallGunners prefer. The pistol is super sweet feeling in my had and shoots better than I probably..
But which model will I keep for the next few decades???

willerfortheworld
09-04-2012, 9:04 AM
For ccw the p-01. I think its the neatest Cz 75 out there. It has DA/SA with a decocker. Its scarry accurate, just as accurate as the full size. And its the only NATO approved cz at the moment. A plain Jane that you will have for decades would be a steel framed model, but the aluminum frames are my fav :)

You can't go wrong with any really. They are all very very sweet handguns.

PAKALO
09-04-2012, 9:09 AM
haha its impossible to ccw in my area (san mateo co) I dont buy guns based upon concealment.. thats not my priority. having something thats going to be solid and accurate day one as day one million comes is important to me...

SDRider858
09-04-2012, 9:18 AM
So ive narrowed it down and im thinking about buying a CZ 9mm... My 1911 is SA and im fine with that. But there are so many choices of the CZ 75b I dont know what one to get. I like the decoker version but not a must.. safety is cool but not a must.. The sp-01 is sweet but to much on it. I just want a plain jane CZ with no bells a whistles?? whats the biggest diff between DA and SA? What do most of yall CallGunners prefer. The pistol is super sweet feeling in my had and shoots better than I probably..
But which model will I keep for the next few decades???

The biggest difference besides the trigger assembly on a SA are:
- Extended Mag Release
- Extended Ambi Safety
- Extended Beavertail (I really like this)
- Adjustable Alum Trigger
- Drop free mags
- The slide shape is different from the standard 75b 9mm, it is aesthetically the same as the 40 sw.

I think that pretty much covers it. If you want a plane jane 75 series I would get the 75b (still very accurate), if you want a tack driver id go with the SA, that is if you can find one. The SA trigger is very crisp straight out the box compared to the DA/SA.

I say get both, because that is what I did.

willerfortheworld
09-04-2012, 9:21 AM
Then go for the classic all steel Cz 75b. If you like the option of a rail then the shadow. As for what to get between DA/SA get both so you have options at the range. my next Cz will be the shadow in 9mm with some nice custom wood grips, tru night sights and a trigger job from cz..

Like I said any CZ will do you good.
Very solid handguns.

mallard
09-04-2012, 9:29 AM
the difference between DA and SA is what you think. You dont have to put the hammer down on the DA. Just pull the trigger. Lowering the hammer to put on half cock on a SA can be dangerous. Most DA have some means of safe decocking.

the other thing is DA trigger are the hairpin type , so there is usually allot of creep. Not really ideal.

i have cz75 b , personally i think the ruger p95 is a better choice , less money , weighs less and feeds just about any ammo i've run threw it. I cant say the same for the CZ75

J.D.Allen
09-04-2012, 9:32 AM
The biggest difference besides the trigger assembly on a SA are:
- Extended Mag Release
- Extended Ambi Safety
- Extended Beavertail (I really like this)
- Adjustable Alum Trigger
- Drop free mags
- The slide shape is different from the standard 75b 9mm, it is aesthetically the same as the 40 sw.

I think that pretty much covers it. If you want a plane jane 75 series I would get the 75b (still very accurate), if you want a tack driver id go with the SA, that is if you can find one. The SA trigger is very crisp straight out the box compared to the DA/SA.

I say get both, because that is what I did.

This. 75B SA FTW

willerfortheworld
09-04-2012, 9:39 AM
Cz 75 pre b's are also very nice.. no on the ruger tho.. I can feed my cz 75 p-01 any ammo no problem.

elsolo
09-04-2012, 10:22 AM
75B-SA in 9mm is the best CZ
75B DA/SA in 9mm is almost as good, and can have the trigger converted to SA-only.
This is my DA/SA that I converted to SA-only
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae148/elsolo427/IMG_20120319_225242-1-1.jpg

JeremyS
09-04-2012, 10:31 AM
I like the high rise beavertail much more than the straight, shorter one. That limits the choices. If you want a standard looking 75B that doesn't have a full dust cover or an accessory rail, then my personal choice is definitely the 75B SA. You can always convert that do DA/SA if you want the option of a double action trigger pull. Or, leave it SA. You can also convert any of the DA/SA guns to SA only but, again, if you start with a standard 75B then you don't get the extended beavertail (and some other features already mentioned in this thread).

P-01 is awesome for a "duty" sized gun. Aluminum frame makes it lighter. Still has the full dust cover w/ rail like the SP-01. If you don't like the looks of that... 75 SA is the best choice IMHO without going with a super expensive modified version.

mbt
09-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Pre-B have better doubl action triggers.

whipkiller
09-04-2012, 11:20 AM
the difference between DA and SA is what you think. You dont have to put the hammer down on the DA. Just pull the trigger. Lowering the hammer to put on half cock on a SA can be dangerous. Most DA have some means of safe decocking.

the other thing is DA trigger are the hairpin type , so there is usually allot of creep. Not really ideal.

i have cz75 b , personally i think the ruger p95 is a better choice , less money , weighs less and feeds just about any ammo i've run threw it. I cant say the same for the CZ75

There's something you don't hear every day.

I had a P95, and while it was very reliable the ergo's, accuracy, fit/finish, and (so far for me) reliability, of my CZ are head and shoulders above the Ruger.

Not sure what you mean by "Too much on the SP-01" (I'm guessing maybe you don't care for the rail/dustcover) but I can't say enough good things about my SP-01, better ergo's, sights, etc, than 75B. If I hadn't found the SP-01 in stock I would have bought the 75B and I'm sure been very happy, but I would have still been looking for an SP-01.

PAKALO
09-04-2012, 11:31 AM
im liking all the response and it seems everyone is happy with there CZ model.. So the Sp-01 is the only one to fire nato rounds?? wtf?? i have 124g 9mm nato spec rounds i fire easy out of my G19 (your telling me I have to buy the sp-01 to be able to use those rounds??) I mean its not a huge killer but I have nato spec rounds and being able to fire them out of all my 9s really sounds worth spending the extra $100...I dunno I really like the simplicity of the basic 75 design... ahh always something.. my local store has them both and im sure they wont have for a long time so decision quickstyle for me now

Rightwinger
09-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Concurs w/whip... I too have a Ruger P95 and like it a lot.. but it doesn't compare to my CZ in 9mm.. P-01 CZ that is..

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k65/tirefryin66/cz.jpg

daybreak
09-04-2012, 12:51 PM
I personally see no reason for DA, and I would go with the 75b SA. 4 out of 5 of my CZs are single action.

AfghanVetOrcutt
09-04-2012, 1:42 PM
im liking all the response and it seems everyone is happy with there CZ model.. So the Sp-01 is the only one to fire nato rounds?? wtf?? i have 124g 9mm nato spec rounds i fire easy out of my G19 (your telling me I have to buy the sp-01 to be able to use those rounds??) I mean its not a huge killer but I have nato spec rounds and being able to fire them out of all my 9s really sounds worth spending the extra $100...I dunno I really like the simplicity of the basic 75 design... ahh always something.. my local store has them both and im sure they wont have for a long time so decision quickstyle for me now

You are good to go. It shoots the same 9mm as your Glock does.

Nosynchro
09-04-2012, 2:28 PM
I have a P-01 in 9mm, I love it. The trigger gets better after 300-500 rounds. I think the P-07 in 40 S&W have FTF issues.

Bug Splat
09-04-2012, 2:38 PM
I have the CZ75D PCR and its a much better CCW gun than the P01. Whats the point of having a rail on a CCW gun?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/PCR3.jpg

zfields
09-04-2012, 2:57 PM
I like the high rise beavertail much more than the straight, shorter one. That limits the choices. If you want a standard looking 75B that doesn't have a full dust cover or an accessory rail, then my personal choice is definitely the 75B SA. You can always convert that do DA/SA if you want the option of a double action trigger pull. Or, leave it SA. You can also convert any of the DA/SA guns to SA only but, again, if you start with a standard 75B then you don't get the extended beavertail (and some other features already mentioned in this thread).

P-01 is awesome for a "duty" sized gun. Aluminum frame makes it lighter. Still has the full dust cover w/ rail like the SP-01. If you don't like the looks of that... 75 SA is the best choice IMHO without going with a super expensive modified version.

This.

J.D.Allen
09-04-2012, 3:42 PM
You are good to go. It shoots the same 9mm as your Glock does.

Yup. In fact many believe that the European 9mm's are really built to expect a lifetime diet of NATO pressure rounds, basically +p's...

bombadillo
09-04-2012, 3:48 PM
Get a CZ75B with the decocker. That way you get the best of all worlds. You can decock it to be DAO for the first shot, and then it reverts back to SA after that for follow up shots. I have the same configuration in a .45 from Ruger and its really a great gun with great features. Get the basic w/o rails and frills and just shoot the piss out of it. I'd like to get the CZ97 because I'm very into shooting .45 a lot more. I know its more expensive but they are so much fun and double well as a defense gun.

BrassCase
09-04-2012, 5:06 PM
Most of us use our pistols at the range or possibly out in the country plinking. Why bother with DA? You can't leave it loaded at a range during target change. If you were going to holster carry it then I could see the need for DA so you have it loaded and safe. Holster carry with a SA means hammer back with safety on, most people aren't real comfortable with that.

bombadillo
09-04-2012, 5:12 PM
Most of us use our pistols at the range or possibly out in the country plinking. Why bother with DA? You can't leave it loaded at a range during target change. If you were going to holster carry it then I could see the need for DA so you have it loaded and safe. Holster carry with a SA means hammer back with safety on, most people aren't real comfortable with that.

I can only answer here for myself, but I can say I like keeping a chambered round in DAO, and then I won't end up pulling the trigger early on someone doing something stupid when they aren't really a threat, but its difficult to assess. I would rather have that than something not chambered, or chambered with a light trigger and have an accidental shooting or something similar. Anyway, if its for both range, and HD, the DA/SA is the way to go. For range/competition, SA is my personal flavor.