PDA

View Full Version : KZ Benelli M4 Charging handle

JDPhx501
09-03-2012, 8:38 PM
Last weekend I ran a total of 450 rounds through my Benelli M4 on two separate range trips.

On the second trip while my friend was shooting at clays on the left side of Angeles next to the long range rifle benches, the titanium Freedom Fighter Tactical flew off when the bolt locked back on the last round. My friend was running the dreaded Walmart Winchester Universal 8. I do not know if it was operator error on his end or if I had taken the handle out in between trips and not properly locked it back in. The handle flew off after approximately 20-30 rounds. Either way I saw the handle go flying and I couldn't find it in between ceasefires, so if somehow you come across a 3/4 inch Benelli charging handle by FFT at Angeles on the right side, it belongs to me. ;)

I didn't want to spend 60 dollars shipped on a new charging handle from FFT or CarrierComp so I went with the KZ, Botach's inhouse brand. Looks like a solid product so far, an exact scaled up version of the OEM. It will not fully rotate freely unlike the FFT and hopefully it stays put and weight does not interfere with the bolt timing/cycling.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/226092_10101262357671961_2071459455_n.jpg

FLAWLS1
09-03-2012, 8:52 PM
That looks good! Kip is taking a long time with the black charging handles. I guess I can wait though...

ROCKETW19
09-03-2012, 8:55 PM
from what I understand yes weight does play a factor. Do I know for sure or how much NO I dont just what I have read from the so called experts.

I do like the way it looks! like a big brother stock one, but I will only use Kips products on my M4 he had me as a fan boy right after I got his tube. workmanship is insanely good. products are only the best ect ect

jessegpresley
09-03-2012, 9:01 PM
Bummer about losing your FFT handle. I'm still with the OEM one until Carrier Comps is fully realized. Which will probably be in 2015.

ROCKETW19
09-03-2012, 9:05 PM
Bummer about losing your FFT handle. I'm still with the OEM one until Carrier Comps is fully realized. Which will probably be in 2015.

lol I have the muted one and It looks 100% fine.
belive me if it didnt I would be the first to say so and get the black one. I have slight OCD stuff like that bugs me but nope the muted is perfect.

I am so bad the other day I was having safe installed and it was off 1/8th of a inch to one side i pointed it out and even said what side it was the installers tripped and said yes you are right,

another time I was having flat screen on wall mounted with a picture frame around it and it was off even less. i told the installler he said no way then re-measured and yep right again.

So you see how bad I am trust me the muted is fine.