PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun Training

raymartrading
09-03-2012, 6:55 PM
Hello Calgunners,
Time to work off your BBQ chicken and hotdogs. I tried searching on the training section of this forum but did not have much luck.

Where can you get handgun training in San Diego? I know I can go to LA/OC/Riverside/SB, but I don't want to get up at 5am to get there.

Specifically, I am interested in Self-Defense and beyond. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Cheers,
:willy_nilly:

G-Solutions
09-03-2012, 7:12 PM
I researched teaching in San Diego - and was unable to find a suitable location. To my knowledge the simple lack of a range is the major hurdle. PM me if you have a range, I might be able to help you out.

Cheers,

L84CABO
09-03-2012, 7:15 PM
I took a basic handgun and a basic shotgun course at American Shooting Center years ago. Not quite sure of the level that you're looking for but the local ranges would probably be a good place to start...

American Shooting Center
Iron Sights (Oceanside)
Discount Gun Mart
P2K
Etc.

enzo357
09-03-2012, 7:43 PM
Contact mossberg man on this forum. Great instructor in the San Diego area.

raymartrading
09-03-2012, 8:48 PM
Thank you all for the advice. I also received some PM's that were very helpful.

Cheers.

Arkangel
09-03-2012, 9:21 PM
PM sent.

pc_load_letter
09-03-2012, 9:28 PM
There is training here down at otay...

http://www.academi.com/

There is a third party company that does some handgun training out at P2k in Rancho San Diego area.

Also, call the guys at Poway Weapons and Gear. They work with a third party company that trains out at Pala.

GuillermoAntonio
09-03-2012, 10:34 PM
I took a training class from William Desi, at Escondido twice now, pretty decent class.
he should be in the training section.
His company is called ccwusa.
You can also search for his video on youtube, they have a nice private range that resembles hickock45's range.

Wally2528
09-04-2012, 11:34 AM
I have gone through a couple of training sessions with the local charter of the NRA and they were more than acceptable to me. They are offered in the NRA web page and are all over San Diego county.

raymartrading
09-04-2012, 3:07 PM
I have gone through a couple of training sessions with the local charter of the NRA and they were more than acceptable to me. They are offered in the NRA web page and are all over San Diego county.

I should have thought of that. Now you know why I chose my
smilie!