PDA

View Full Version : Glock PM schedule

Dhena81
09-03-2012, 4:16 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows the preventive maintenance schedule of a Glock Google doesn't seem to be working in my favor today.

I'm nearing 10k rounds on a G17 and was thinking it's about time to replace my recoil spring I was wondering if there are any other springs I should put on the same order.

HighLander51
09-03-2012, 4:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows the preventive maintenance schedule of a Glock Google doesn't seem to be working in my favor today.

I'm nearing 10k rounds on a G17 and was thinking it's about time to replace my recoil spring I was wondering if there are any other springs I should put on the same order.

Check to see if the recoil spring needs replacement first. With an EMPTY gun, crank it, then hold the trigger in all the way. Hold it upright, and pull the slide just out of battery, let it go. If it goes not go back into battery, replace, if it goes real slow, replace it, if it goes back, keep on shooting. I have 2 G17's with over 80,000 rounds each, and have only replaced the recoil spring on one of them.

Now if it's a carry gun, just replace it without checking. But check the new one after it's in.

Nice puppy!

Dhena81
09-03-2012, 4:45 PM
Check to see if the recoil spring needs replacement first. With an EMPTY gun, crank it, then hold the trigger in all the way. Hold it upright, and pull the slide just out of battery, let it go. If it goes not go back into battery, replace, if it goes real slow, replace it, if it goes back, keep on shooting. I have 2 G17's with over 80,000 rounds each, and have only replaced the recoil spring on one of them.

Now if it's a carry gun, just replace it without checking. But check the new one after it's in.

Nice puppy!

Thanks she's a great dog.

Ok I did the test and of course it goes into battery :D

It's not a carry gun but it's the only pistol I own since I've sold off basically all my pistols to streamline my collection. In an effort to be practical with my remaining firearms but that's another thread why I chose to do that.

HighLander51
09-03-2012, 5:33 PM
Here are my 2 killers, on standby, ready to attack, sister and brother

http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/gallery/image35821.jpg

RoundEye
09-03-2012, 7:20 PM
Generally, GLOCK recommends replacing the recoil spring every 5-7 thousand rounds. This is mostly due o the fact that if it's a carry gun, better be safe than sorry. You can usually feel the difference in a new vs. old recoil spring after about 7K rounds.