PDA

View Full Version : Dillon Group Buy - Closed

Franksremote
06-24-2007, 3:33 PM
I'm trying to square away stocking Dillon presses at Irvington Arms and a member suggested a group buy! I thought it was a good idea and want to see what folks needed.

All Dillon presses would be below their listed prices; please pm me as I can't post them. Delivery/pickup would be to Irvington Arms and provided there is enough interested parties (with deposits). Not only would we complete the buy, but we would beging to stock their presses and dies, etc.

Looking for the new SDB, 550B, 650 or 1050? NOW is the time. Who's in?

UPDATE
Pay in cash, with a money order, via check or with PayPal (+3%) and we'll included the sales tax!

cnyankee
06-24-2007, 5:56 PM
is there a time limit (cut off date)?
how many needs to be purchased for the group buy to work?

TonyM
06-24-2007, 9:33 PM
Frank,

Any idea if the deals would extend to Caliber Conversion parts as well? I'm always open to setting up more conversion kits and toolheads for my 650... that just means I'll need to buy guns in those new calibers.. :43:

YSR50SPEED
06-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Bummer....I wish I would have waited. I just bought a 650 a week ago from dillon. However can you get anything else(case feeders)?

DRM6000
06-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Frank, are the prices better than Graf and Sons dealer prices?

rkt88edmo
06-24-2007, 10:30 PM
I'd definitely be down for a case feeder, and maybe a conversion or two.

redneckshootist
06-24-2007, 10:30 PM
I am planning on buying either a 550 or a 650 in 40s&w and getting conversion kits in all calibers that I currently load.

a group buy sounds good and it would save me a little

Nefarious
06-25-2007, 7:54 AM
Interested also.. just depends on how far away you actually are from SD :D
PMing for price details

rkt88edmo
06-25-2007, 9:22 AM
About 360 miles.

Interested also.. just depends on how far away you actually are from SD :D
PMing for price details

///D
06-25-2007, 9:24 AM
I'd be interested in conversion kits......possibly an auto case feeder for my 550B if the price is right.

Nefarious
06-25-2007, 12:14 PM
About 360 miles.

OUCH!!!

///D
06-25-2007, 12:25 PM
About 360 miles.

:confused: I think you forgot to add the other 100 to that. It's actually almost 500 :eek::D

rkt88edmo
06-25-2007, 12:38 PM
You're right, I was thinking of my hometown in OC, not SD :) :confused: I think you forgot to add the other 100 to that. It's actually almost 500 :eek::D

PistolPete75
06-25-2007, 1:52 PM
let me know how much a 550 would be. i would love a 2nd press.

1911jerry
06-25-2007, 4:03 PM
Frank,

I am in Texas, but interested in a super 1050. I will be there in August and can pick it up at Irvington Arms.

Is Martin and John still there?

Just let me know.

Jerry

The Soup Nazi
06-25-2007, 4:09 PM
Frank,

I am in Texas, but interested in a super 1050. I will be there in August and can pick it up at Irvington Arms.

Just let me know.

Jerry

Oh yeah....They're there. ;)

Franksremote
06-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Sorry I haven't been posting here in response to a lot of these. Dillon made parts are at least 10% less than what's posted on their site. Free shipping of course as pickup is at IA. All PMs were replied to.

Franksremote
06-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Frank,

Any idea if the deals would extend to Caliber Conversion parts as well? I'm always open to setting up more conversion kits and toolheads for my 650... that just means I'll need to buy guns in those new calibers.. :43:

Yes, all Dillon products :)

jdberger
06-26-2007, 11:48 PM
You're evil, Frank. You are supposed to let my wallet recover a little.

ivanimal
06-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Give me a price on a 650 with case feeder in 308. I think I need a dedicated press to feed the beast.:cool:

mow
06-27-2007, 5:34 AM
I sent a pm about the dillon and the kimbers.

hi_desert
06-27-2007, 6:33 PM
Price quote for RL550B please.

Franksremote
06-27-2007, 7:28 PM
I really want to wrap this up this week folks. If you're willing to leave a deposit, let's make it happen. If not, thanks for all the inquiries.

Frank

Fjold
06-28-2007, 8:19 AM
I'll take a 550B with the 40S&W shellplate and an extra toolhead. PM me your phone number to put the deposit down.

wheelgunner
06-29-2007, 5:11 AM
Hello Frank, nice to meet you. I came yesterday afternoon with a friend and we were talking about SVI's and STI's.

Please order Case Feeder for XL650 in Large Pistol and small rifle case feeder plate.

Will email pic of SVI that I am thinking of.

Dan

rkt88edmo
06-29-2007, 1:46 PM
Could you help me out by identifying exactly what the process for the group buy is?

Am I supposed to IM you for a specific price quote and then call the store to place my deposit?

I really want to wrap this up this week folks. If you're willing to leave a deposit, let's make it happen. If not, thanks for all the inquiries.

Frank

Franksremote
06-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Could you help me out by identifying exactly what the process for the group buy is?

Am I supposed to IM you for a specific price quote and then call the store to place my deposit?

Please send me a list of the parts you're looking for and I'll reply with the prices. THe deposit and pickup with both go through IA.

Thanks for the interest.

Frank

Fjold
06-30-2007, 8:11 AM
Please post the phone number of Irvington Arms for those of us not in the Bay area.

wheelgunner
06-30-2007, 8:46 AM
Hello Frank, nice to meet you. I came yesterday afternoon with a friend and we were talking about SVI's and STI's.

Please order Case Feeder for XL650 in Large Pistol and small rifle case feeder plate.

Will email pic of SVI that I am thinking of.

Dan

Can I also get a quote for a 650 Machine Cover and an Aluminum Roller Handle?

phish
06-30-2007, 9:26 AM
Please post the phone number of Irvington Arms for those of us not in the Bay area.

Take a peek at the top of this window, the phone number's in the ad spaces.

rkt88edmo
06-30-2007, 10:15 AM
Sounds good, you might want to edit the first post and put that info in there with the IA contact info as well.

Thanks!

Please send me a list of the parts you're looking for and I'll reply with the prices. THe deposit and pickup with both go through IA.

Thanks for the interest.

Frank

fairfaxjim
06-30-2007, 12:47 PM
PM sent for parts order.

wheelgunner
07-01-2007, 7:40 AM
Just wondering, has anyone gotten a price quote for the Dillon Buy?

Also will the "Machine Cover" fit over the XL650 with the auto case Feeder installed?

I asked for a quote for the Kimber buy and it was good price but not enough to make me buy something that I hadn't planned on.

BigMac
07-02-2007, 8:11 AM
Jerry;

Yes, were still there ;)

I'd be glad to hold one for you if Frank hasn't replied.

MArtin

Frank,

Just let me know.

Jerry

Fjold
07-02-2007, 9:09 AM
Closed on Mondays :(

I'll call tomorrow to pay for it.

Franksremote
07-02-2007, 12:26 PM
I made a mistake with some of the prices I quoted some of y'all. Please check your PM box as I sent an updated cost for each item you wanted.I'm trying to wrap this up in the next week folks. If you are looking for price quotes, take 10% off of the prices you see on the Dillon site. If you want confirmation on pricing, please PM me (preferably with the stock number) and I'll get those prices back to you ASAP. A verbal confirmation of what you'd like will work for the time being, but the 50% deposit will secure your order. If you call Irvington Arms please ask for me as I am the one conducting this buy. Thanks, Frank

BigMac
07-02-2007, 1:55 PM
If you call and don't reach Frank, we will be glad to take a massage... most of you know.. leaving a voice mail is fultile ;)

Fjold
07-02-2007, 6:14 PM
....... we will be glad to take a massage...

I'll be glad to a take a massage too, just not from one of you guys. :D

Steyr_223
07-02-2007, 8:13 PM
"I'll be glad to a take a massage too,"

You know there is a "massage" place next door to Irvington Arms..

wheelgunner
07-03-2007, 5:54 AM
Ooo, Ooo, do they do feet?

grammaton76
07-03-2007, 2:24 PM
Also will the "Machine Cover" fit over the XL650 with the auto case Feeder installed?

There was a posting on brianenos.com in the store section about that. I'm pretty sure that the answer was no, the cover will not fit with the casefeeder installed.

Franksremote
07-09-2007, 1:07 PM
Extending this another 7 days in the hopes of getting more folks to drink the blue kool aid.

UPDATE

As long as payment is made in cash, money order, check or PayPal (+3%) we will include sales tax as well. That bumps the savings to almost 20% of retail! Deposits accepted in the same fashion. Thanks to those that have committed!

Fjold
07-09-2007, 1:43 PM
Extending this another 7 days in the hopes of getting more folks to drink the blue kool aid.

UPDATE

As long as payment is made in cash, money order, check or PayPal (+3%) we will include sales tax as well. That bumps the savings to almost 20% of retail! Deposits accepted in the same fashion. Thanks to those that have committed!

Frank,

Let me know the total for my order with enough time to mail a money order to you and I'll do it that way.

Thanks,

Franksremote
07-09-2007, 1:52 PM
Frank,

Let me know the total for my order with enough time to mail a money order to you and I'll do it that way.

Thanks,

You got it!

xYourLocalAR15x
07-09-2007, 8:45 PM
Am i allow to order just dies and shell holders?

If so, I would like a dye and shell holder for each of the following

.40 pistol

GlockComa
07-09-2007, 9:17 PM
I would also like .223, .308, 7.62x39 die sets and shell holders.

Please give me a price. Thanks

Franksremote
07-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Am i allow to order just dies and shell holders?

If so, I would like a dye and shell holder for each of the following

.40 pistol

I would also like .223, .308, 7.62x39 die sets and shell holders.

Please give me a price. Thanks

Anything in the Dillon catalog (no, not the girls :p ) can be ordered with this buy. It does however only apply to products made by Dillon. Please send me a PM with the part number from their catalog or website www.dillonprecision.com so that I am sure we order the right shellplate and die sets for your press.

wheelgunner
07-10-2007, 5:39 AM
Just curious, has anyone received a price quote conformation yet?

Franksremote
07-10-2007, 6:04 AM
Just curious, has anyone received a price quote conformation yet?

I thought I sent yours already, resending via PM.

wheelgunner
07-10-2007, 6:46 PM
I thought I sent yours already, resending via PM.
Thanks, got the PM today. Added aluminum roller Handle. Please send new total.

wheelgunner
07-10-2007, 6:51 PM
There was a posting on brianenos.com in the store section about that. I'm pretty sure that the answer was no, the cover will not fit with the casefeeder installed.

I sent Brianenos.com this question:

Q. I have a question about the Machine Cover for the XL650, will it fit over the automatic case feeder?

A. Brian's reply:"Yes it will. (Since almost everyone who loads with a 650 has the Casefeeder (or gets it eventually)).
Brian"

wheelgunner
07-11-2007, 7:51 AM
Question, Is there tax? If so how much.

Franksremote
07-11-2007, 9:39 AM
Not if you pay via check, mo, cash or paypal (+3%)

wheelgunner
07-13-2007, 2:15 PM
FranksRemote, Available funds are non existant this paycheck because of the darn mortgage and poor planning on my part:oops:

I will have to postpone Dillon order for 2 weeks if it is still available.

tacosauce
07-13-2007, 5:47 PM
I have never reloaded before, but this group buy is getting me thinking about starting to. Is it possible to reload .380 up to 30-06 on the same machine? Also, what equipment is necessary for reloading a broad array of cartridges?

Franksremote
07-16-2007, 9:40 PM
I have never reloaded before, but this group buy is getting me thinking about starting to. Is it possible to reload .380 up to 30-06 on the same machine? Also, what equipment is necessary for reloading a broad array of cartridges?

The 550, 650 and 1050 machines will load through those ranges. You would need at the very least caliber conversion kits, and dies for each caliber you want to load for. Some of the shellplates and powder dies will be common so in some cases you'd only need locator buttons and dies. If you get a model with a casefeeder, different plates and shell drop adapters. It'll all depend on the calibers that you want to load.

rkt88edmo
07-17-2007, 5:27 AM
Tacosauce, check out Brianenos.com for more info, but if you are planning on reloading many calibres and are new to reloading, he recommends the 550.

Franksremote
07-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Closing buy Saturday. If you've received a quote and want to proceed (and haven't done so already) kindly shoot me a message and get your deposits in. Order will hold till all deposits are received from those who commit. Those whose funds do not arrive by the following Saturday 7/28 will be omitted from the buy. THanks to all who've expressed interest :)

Franksremote
08-01-2007, 7:15 PM
Hey Folks,

Order was placed late yesterday and the rep is off today, so should here about the delivery timeline tomorrow. I will post and contact each of you when I have more concrete info for the pickup.

jdberger
08-02-2007, 8:32 AM
Hey Folks,

Order was placed late yesterday and the rep is off today, so should here about the delivery timeline tomorrow. I will post and contact each of you when I have more concrete info for the pickup.

The big question is, Did you hit your mark? Is Irvington gonna become a stocking dealer?

Franksremote
08-08-2007, 8:24 PM
The big question is, Did you hit your mark? Is Irvington gonna become a stocking dealer?

Yes we will thanks to all of you involved in the buy from this board and some folks from the IDPA group. And thank you for the idea ;)

As an update, the order's been placed and delivery should be no later than next wednesday. I am going to confirm the tracking information with our rep tomorrow and will update y'all again then.

jdberger
08-08-2007, 9:10 PM
Yes we will thanks to all of you involved in the buy from this board and some folks from the IDPA group. And thank you for the idea ;)

As an update, the order's been placed and delivery should be no later than next wednesday. I am going to confirm the tracking information with our rep tomorrow and will update y'all again then.

Well then, make an announcement. That's a big deal in the Bay Area. Congrats to you and the rest of the crew at Irvington.

I'll miss (a little bit) the days of sitting in the shop all day playing tug-of-war with Lumpy and watching BigMac suck on that 400 ounce mug of "cold drink".

But y'all deserve it. Again, congratulations.

Franksremote
08-15-2007, 9:54 AM
UPDATE Just checked tracking this morning and delivery is scheduled for Friday the 17th. I'll be in touch with all who ordered when it's arrived and ready to be picked up.

Fjold
08-15-2007, 11:46 AM
UPDATE Just checked tracking this morning and delivery is scheduled for Friday the 17th. I'll be in touch with all who ordered when it's arrived and ready to be picked up.

Cool beans Frank!

Franksremote
08-17-2007, 2:45 PM
**** IT'S HERE!!! ****

Will be sorting out the order for a little bit, so should be ready for p/u by 6pm today and anytime afterwards. Thanks to all those that participated :) Now come pickup your stuff :p

grywlfbg
08-17-2007, 2:51 PM
Frank,

Any chance you're stocking the Dillon case polish? I hate to place an order for such a small item and will happily pay some markup to support a local dealer.

Franksremote
08-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Frank,

Any chance you're stocking the Dillon case polish? I hate to place an order for such a small item and will happily pay some markup to support a local dealer.

We will stock many items going forward, however, it looks like we might go the route of GBs/order-to-suit (think posted price on Dillon's site minus tax and shipping) for a little whiles longer while we gauge the needs of the buyers for a little bit.

While not one to turn away business, a $7 bottle of NuFinish car wax (half a capful with each tumble) does basically the same thing as the polish you want. I can include an order for Dillon Polish on our next order if you want, but I think you might find the NuFinish a long lasting and equitable solution (I'm just finishing a bottle I bought in march and have tumbled around 50k pieces of brass). PM me if you'd like me to order some (err, polish, not NuFinish :p).

There is a 550 with a .45 acp/gap conversion, CV-500 tumbler and "big boy" media separator stocked at the store right now for sale. Anyone needing instruction on reloading can contact us at "info@irvingtonarms.com" to schedule some time to either just learn or borrow a machine in the store to reload ;)

Frank