PDA

View Full Version : Cannon or Sentry

LBDamned
09-03-2012, 3:08 PM
I did search and couldn't find specific...

I'm debating between Cannon S14 or Sentry GM1459E (this is the size I can fit - so bigger is not an option right now)...

They are priced very similar - Cannon $658 shipped form DVOR (with coupon, 668 without) and Sentry $650 shipped from Costco

They are roughly the same dimension - but I think the Sentry interior depth might be a little bigger... Cannon has electrical supply, Sentry none (but I don;t need it)...

For all intents and purposes, they are virtually identical in price and function... the question is quality... both get good reviews, Cannon lifetime warranty (but I'd rather not purchase based on warranty, I'd like to think I won't need it).

Does anyone have opinion on overall quality between the two manufactures?

as_rocketman
09-03-2012, 9:46 PM
Price, size, everything else being equal, I'd go with Cannon over the Sentry in a heartbeat. The warranty is actually a pretty big deal.

If you're still unsure, you can always talk to an expert rather than just order online. (I'm not one, just saying. ;))

LBDamned
09-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Price, size, everything else being equal, I'd go with Cannon over the Sentry in a heartbeat. The warranty is actually a pretty big deal.

If you're still unsure, you can always talk to an expert rather than just order online. (I'm not one, just saying. ;))

unfortunately the Home Depot and Costco types are no more "expert" than I am... and the higher end safes (that have expert personnel) typical aren't in the size I need...

As it turns out, I did order the Cannon... hopefully it's the right choice...

thanks for your feedback :)

SARC_Mike
09-04-2012, 3:55 PM
I like my canon just fine. Bought it cheap. Big enough (if there is such a thing) and is secure enough.

They will keep the honest people out and make it harder on the not so honest. Thats all I really needed.

NytWolf
09-04-2012, 4:04 PM

+1000

chozenfew805
09-04-2012, 8:03 PM
+1 on the Cannon, I purchased a Scout Series S19 from Home Depot and have no regrets. Well I take that back, I do regret not buying a larger one:43: