PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions 2 Different Topics

Gun_Owner_901
09-03-2012, 3:49 AM
Ok my 1st question is, If I happen to be pulled over by law enforcement on my way to the range someday for some reason like a bad tail light or something similar am I required by law to inform the officer that I am transporting a handgun in my trunk, Now if the officer asks me if there are any weapons in the car I wouldn't lie to him, but do I have to volunteer the fact that I have the handgun in the trunk even if he doesn't ask.

(note I never transport my handguns inside the car, they are always in the trunk locked in a lock box with a cable lock in the trunk.)

And my 2nd question is a 3 part question, Is there a world record for the most rounds fired out of any one handgun, if so what is the record, what is the most rounds that one of you guys have fired out of any one of your own handguns.

I am asking the 2nd question because I have a Glock 22 with 500 rounds put through it and me and my buddy are going to try and put 10,000 rounds through it before the end of the year.

joelogic
09-03-2012, 5:13 AM
There is a YouTube video called don't talk to the cops. Someone will post it. The consensus seems to be " I don't have anything illegal, officer".

Record, probably. More than 10k, most definately. People easily shoot into the 100k but when you start replacing parts when does it stop being the original gun. Competitive shooters can easily shoot more than 2k per month.

Gun_Owner_901
09-03-2012, 9:22 AM
Any other advice from anyone would help.

Invisible_Dave
09-03-2012, 9:26 AM
Ok my 1st question is, If I happen to be pulled over by law enforcement on my way to the range someday for some reason like a bad tail light or something similar am I required by law to inform the officer that I am transporting a handgun in my trunk, Now if the officer asks me if there are any weapons in the car I wouldn't lie to him, but do I have to volunteer the fact that I have the handgun in the trunk even if he doesn't ask

This question gets asked almost weekly around here, yet to my knowledge I've never seen the "I got pulled over and the cops searched my whole car and inspected my guns" thread. CHP does some weird things, but I've never once been asked about weapons.

daybreak
09-03-2012, 9:26 AM
I personally would not volunteer that information.

10k in a year sounds like a fun goal. I am going to guess and say if there was a world record, it's probably past 150k rounds.

Gun_Owner_901
09-03-2012, 9:41 AM
I personally would not volunteer that information.

10k in a year sounds like a fun goal. I am going to guess and say if there was a world record, it's probably past 150k rounds.

Thanks, I was thinking more like 10,000 or more rounds from now until Dec. 31st, My buddy and I were thinking of doing 1,000 rounds each 3 days a week.

littlejake
09-03-2012, 10:15 AM
You have no duty to inform of a gun in the trunk.

Best transport is unloaded, locked in a case, and locked in the trunk. A cable lock has no value when it comes to transport.

Most traffic stops are just license and registration; and probably a ticket. Civil conversation and you're on your way. Do not volunteer your destination or where you're coming from (unless the answer is home.)

If asked, and you tell the LEO are coming from or going to the range -- or that you have a gun in the trunk -- will likely lead to a request to check your guns. You do not have to consent to a search; but, you cannot impede the LEO if their minds made up to search.

hossb7
09-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Todd Green put close to 100,000 rounds through an H&K P30 in about 9-10 months.

Distro
09-03-2012, 11:08 AM
In these two videos they put 1000 rounds through a Glock 19 in about 14 minutes.

0_JuF23qazI

CyZxQfIBXDc

Old4eyes
09-03-2012, 5:59 PM
That phrase you keep hearing about Miranda .. What you say can be used against you..
Think of the opposite.If you say nothing, you won't have said anything that can be used against you.

Those that would say "I have nothing illegal in the car" may be having a LEO thinking "Says You!"

My last traffic violation did have the officer casually asking if I had firearms or drugs. How often do they ask, have no idea. In that instance, I said no (truthfully) and nothing came of it. In retrospect I probably should have said NOTHING. Smile, be polite but volunteer NOTHING.

Saying nothing is not lying. If it is a federal officer, definitely do not lie, that is an offense.