PDA

View Full Version : First time at Outdoor Range, SacValley (Target papers attached)

dawn777
09-02-2012, 9:29 PM
it is my first time to shoot at an outdoor range, pretty cool, I maybe go there again.

Attached are the 6" target sheets shot at 20yards
the target sheets circled in red color were shot by CZ P01.
circled in the blue color were shot by Beretta 92fs.

beretta 92 can shoot tighter than p01 does.:D

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/dawn7/1-1.jpg
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/dawn7/2-1.jpg
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/dawn7/3-1.jpg
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/dawn7/4.jpg

Aspec5vz
09-02-2012, 9:37 PM
So you ended up going to Sac Valley afterall. How'd you like it?

dawn777
09-02-2012, 9:48 PM
for the range, it is pretty good, thanks..
i will try Gun Range next time. i was told that is good as well, especially, during rainnig season.
the only issue was that i got in a unpaved way before getting there.
so, that was also my first to test my Awd SUV....hah.
i need to figure out a right way going there, i do not want to drive on that unpaved way anymore, it was really horrible.

So you ended up going to Sac Valley afterall. How'd you like it?

pyromensch
09-02-2012, 10:53 PM
for the range, it is pretty good, thanks..
i will try Gun Range next time. i was told that is good as well, especially, during rainnig season.
the only issue was that i got in a unpaved way before getting there.
so, that was also my first to test my Awd SUV....hah.
i need to figure out a right way going there, i do not want to drive on that unpaved way anymore, it was really horrible.

just an observation.....you have reservations, about driving an "All Wheel Drive, Sports Utility Vehicle", on an "unpaved way"?

back on topic.....nice shooting.

dawn777
09-02-2012, 11:04 PM
hah, below is what i find on the websit of Sacvalley.
actually, i read that before starting off, but i still got on that unpaved way because i was not familiar with that area so i used the my smart phone as my GPS, not the car based one, and chose a way that looked good, but finally i still got on that horrible way.....

"The Center is located approximately 15 miles Southeast of the city of Sacramento. Do not use car based GPS or Internet/electronic maps for directions to the range as they often have you entering from Dillard Road. Meiss from Dillard is an unpaved, nearly impassible rock road. Use Ione Road to approach Meiss Road."

just an observation.....you have reservations, about driving an "All Wheel Drive, Sports Utility Vehicle", on an "unpaved way"?

back on topic.....nice shooting.

sirgiles
09-02-2012, 11:12 PM
i used a rear wheel drive car on that "unpaved and nearly impassable rock road". it just took me 30 min at 5mph. :)

dawn777
09-02-2012, 11:16 PM
that was the worst road i ever drove that made my car really dirty.
i need to wash my car tomorrow...

i used a rear wheel drive car on that "unpaved and nearly impassable rock road". it just took me 30 min at 5mph. :)

mnh2obuff
09-03-2012, 5:58 AM
My son and I took that road once and ran into a guy practicing falconry. Keep your eyes open!

Sac-AR15
09-03-2012, 7:40 AM
Told ya Sac Valley is a nice spot. Glad to see you enjoyed it. I ended up becoming a member 2yrs ago. I take my sedans out there with no issues but I take Jackson Rd to Ione. Easy drive.

dachan
09-03-2012, 7:57 AM
that was the worst road i ever drove that made my car really dirty.
i need to wash my car tomorrow...

Ha, ha; Meiss Rd is not a road. There is basically just one company making GPS and web based maps, and it's their idea of a little joke.

dawn777
09-03-2012, 7:59 AM
need details...~~~

My son and I took that road once and ran into a guy practicing falconry. Keep your eyes open!

dawn777
09-03-2012, 8:03 AM
thank you~~~
question, if during winter, it almost rains everday, how can you shoot at outdoor range? because your target papers will get wet.

Told ya Sac Valley is a nice spot. Glad to see you enjoyed it. I ended up becoming a member 2yrs ago. I take my sedans out there with no issues but I take Jackson Rd to Ione. Easy drive.

Sac-AR15
09-03-2012, 8:35 AM
Put plastic covers over your target. Duh. :rolleyes:
I don't shoot much during the winter. I will go out when it's not raining though. As a member you only pay $3 to shoot and it's a family membership. Between me,the wife, and my son it's cheaper for us to be members based on how many times we've been out there. Plus I buy some reloading supplies from them and members get 15% off.

dawn777
09-03-2012, 8:46 AM
good deal, so you mean, you only need to pay $3 for all of your family every time, or pay $3 for every member in your family respectively?

thanks

Put plastic covers over your target. Duh. :rolleyes:
I don't shoot much during the winter. I will go out when it's not raining though. As a member you only pay $3 to shoot and it's a family membership. Between me,the wife, and my son it's cheaper for us to be members based on how many times we've been out there. Plus I buy some reloading supplies from them and members get 15% off.

Sac-AR15
09-03-2012, 9:12 AM
good deal, so you mean, you only need to pay $3 for all of your family every time, or pay $3 for every member in your family respectively?

thanks

$3 each adult and my son pays $1.50.

dawn777
09-03-2012, 9:36 AM
$3 each adult and my son pays $1.50.

thanks a good deal.

9mmepiphany
09-10-2012, 12:04 PM
thank you~~~
question, if during winter, it almost rains everday, how can you shoot at outdoor range? because your target papers will get wet.
Just a pointer from someone who shoots in a lot of foul weather

When practicing defensive shooting, I ofter shoot at paper plates with a small aiming dot in the middle. In wet weather, I'll shoot at Styrofoam ones