View Full Version : Great Customer Service Today!

09-02-2012, 7:59 PM
There is a lot of negative posts in the forums about Turners, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

I went into the Kearney Mesa Store today to do a couple of PPTs from my cousin to me. I was expecting it to be busy because of the holiday weekend and that I might have to wait a bit.

From the time we entered to store and presented the guns to the manager for inspection until we were helped at the gun counter was two minutes, in spite of the counter having several other patrons buying or looking at guns. We were done in about 30 minutes for two transfers, and one of the employees was new and being trained on PPT procedures. During the down time of the transfer, I watched as several other customers were helped by various employees.

I was impressed with the accuracy of the information being provided by the employees, and the high level of customer service in all the areas of the store.

Kudos to the management staff at this store, you are doing something right, and not just at the gun counter.

Special thanks to Chris and Andy at the gun counter. It was a pleasure.

I chose this location because it was close to my cousin's house and she doesn't have a car. Even though it will be a long drive for me to go back down and pick up the guns when DROS runs its course, the customer service made it worth it.

Well Done!