PDA

View Full Version : Beretta M9 vs CZ 75b vs Browning Hi Pwr

PAKALO
09-02-2012, 6:28 PM
title self explanitory. im opening this one up to everyone. lets here your answer and more importantly why??? if you had only one??? which and why?? :cool2:

orangeusa
09-02-2012, 6:32 PM
Uh, I own five of #1, and one of #3. Just never got a CZ since they recently went up in price a lot, but enjoy shooting the CZ. All 3 are great guns with very few flaws.

The HiPower is new to me, and dang it is really small in my hand and fun. So, I guess since I can tear down a 92/M9 easiest and get parts for the lowest price of the 3, I'd go with that... Lots of folks don't like the grip, but I don't mind at all.

InGrAM
09-02-2012, 6:44 PM
All three are great. Go get some hands on them and see which one you like the best. I have a feeling it will either be the HP or CZ, but that is from my personal experience and everyone is different.

Euphoria526
09-02-2012, 7:06 PM
Have not shot a HP, but I own 2 CZ's and have shot a few barettas.
So obviously ima say CZ. Just based off of ergonomics and ease of aiming for me as well as very accurate, easy to place follow up shots with, very easy to field strip and basic clean. Very reliable, underrated gun that people tend to ignore (until recently anyways). To the point where I can't find a beloved sp01

Buddhabelly
09-02-2012, 7:56 PM
I own all 3 for years.
B is really huge, BHP is really small, CZ is just right size.
CZ is most accurate with best trigger. B has looooong sight picture, BHP will bite your hand unless you have spur hammer.

I kept the CZ.

orangeusa
09-02-2012, 8:06 PM
This from CZ. Uhh, 2nd most copied? I always thought the CZ SA version was/is a copy of the BHP.

"The 75 B features a steel frame, a black polycoat finish, 3 dot sights, 16+1 9mm capacity (12+1 in .40 S&W) and, of course, the ergonomics and DA/SA action that have made it the most copied handgun design second only to the 1911. The 'B' designation is an indicator that the model is equipped with a firing pin block safety. "

I vote this as CALGUNS most terse post.. Not sure I agree about hammer bite, never happened to me (MKIII).

I own all 3 for years.
B is really huge, BHP is really small, CZ is just right size.
CZ is most accurate with best trigger. B has looooong sight picture, BHP will bite your hand unless you have spur hammer.

I kept the CZ.

Euphoria526
09-02-2012, 8:09 PM
Regardless of a copied gun it's still not a CZ. A CZ is a CZ. Not a tangfolio or whatever e
Other companies copied them.

zfields
09-02-2012, 8:19 PM
This from CZ. Uhh, 2nd most copied? I always thought the CZ SA version was/is a copy of the BHP.

"The 75 B features a steel frame, a black polycoat finish, 3 dot sights, 16+1 9mm capacity (12+1 in .40 S&W) and, of course, the ergonomics and DA/SA action that have made it the most copied handgun design second only to the 1911. The 'B' designation is an indicator that the model is equipped with a firing pin block safety. "

I vote this as CALGUNS most terse post.. Not sure I agree about hammer bite, never happened to me (MKIII).

The cz is nothing like the HP except that its a high capacity , short recoil, 9mm. Take both apart and its pretty easy to see the difference.

Sent from my fingers, to your face.

orangeusa
09-02-2012, 8:25 PM
And the web expert weighs in.

It's pretty clear that CZ was copied by the Swiss to make the Sphynx and P210.

BradleyAbrams
09-02-2012, 8:30 PM
Browning Hi-Power.

Fits my hand like no other. Great shooter, accurate.

+4000 rounds, Zero Issues.

Mostly shoot JHP, about 25% ball.

I have owned mine since purchased new, in 1988.

Last week I replaced the Pachmayr grips I put on it when new..

From this:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e383/blndyhb/9mm002.jpg?t=1254765321

To this:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e383/blndyhb/TAG077.jpg

http://handgungrips.com/product_images/0000/0325/br00005.jpg

sothoth
09-02-2012, 8:33 PM
My father has the Beretta, which I've shot and like. I have rented a BHP and it was OK. I own a 75B and freakin love it. Not sure how much the price has really gone up, but I got mine for something like $650 otd. It's the best balanced handgun I've ever fired. It's an all steel frame, so it feels fairly heavy (relative to anything polymer, relative to the BHP) which allows me to hold it confidently knowing it's the perfect fit for my hand, natural to aim, and accurate as hell to shoot. The weight is well distributed, so I have no sense of front or back heaviness. The slide runs inside the receiver, as opposed to most guns where the slide is grooved to run on the outside of the receiver. It makes the slide a bit smaller, and CZ made efforts to be sure the slide mass runs pretty low, which makes the recoil more controllable. (yes, it's a 9mm, which aren't usually difficult to control, so I mean that relatively). The other guns are fine choices, so rent them and see what you think. But for $1000 or so, I think the BHP is overpriced. For a little more than the CZ, the Beretta is also good, but I can't shoot it as accurately due to the ergonomics and mechanics of it. Good luck in choosing. It would be hard to go really wrong with any of them, it's really what's ideal for you.

zfields
09-02-2012, 8:34 PM
And the web expert weighs in.

It's pretty clear that CZ was copied by the Swiss to make the Sphynx and P210.

Or someone that has owned both....

*edit* quick on the gun. I blame scotch.

I agree though, lots of interesting 75 based guns. I saw some really cool tanfolios today at the san antonio gun show. I'm really tempted to pick up an EAA gun next.

Euphoria526
09-02-2012, 8:36 PM
He was trying to bash me zfields. Hahaha
Tried to mention that if it's not a CZ then it's Not a CZ. Dont need to argue semantics here.

Buddhabelly
09-02-2012, 8:48 PM
Not sure I agree about hammer bite, never happened to me (MKIII).

I must have web like a duck.

BradleyAbrams
09-02-2012, 8:57 PM
< snip > But for $1000 or so, I think the BHP is overpriced..

You can buy a nice Argentine Arsenal made BHP ( made from FN tooling, built with FN inspectors supervision ) for about $450 - $500.

For me it was a no-brainer - I went with John Browning's last Design.

Why drive a Lexus when you can have a Mercedes Benz.

YMMV...

-

Buddhabelly
09-02-2012, 9:01 PM
For me it was a no-brainer - I went with John Browning's last Design.

Why drive a Lexus when you can have a Mercedes Benz.

YMMV...

-

Have you actually owned all 3 for years to make a real evaluation? Or you just... guess?

And do you own both a Lexus and an MBZ?

Thought so...

orangeusa
09-02-2012, 9:02 PM
I must have web like a duck.

I have to admit, I don't have near the round count on the BHP as I do the 'B' guns. And when I first got it, did check for hammer bite - it comes within 1/4" of my hand... Figured if it became an issue, I'd buy a aftermarket hammer from Brownells.

My BHP was one of the Israeli guns on GunBroker - went for like $450 before all the fees... So they are not THAT expensive. Even mags are not all that expensive.

zfields
09-02-2012, 9:05 PM
I have to admit, I don't have near the round count on the BHP as I do the 'B' guns. And when I first got it, did check for hammer bite - it comes within 1/4" of my hand... Figured if it became an issue, I'd buy a aftermarket hammer from Brownells.

My BHP was one of the Israeli guns on GunBroker - went for like $450 before all the fees... So they are not THAT expensive. Even mags are not all that expensive.

You can also just trim down the spur. I had to do that on mine.

Buddhabelly
09-02-2012, 9:08 PM

Mine was a 1977 that bit me 2 times in a couple of weeks when I first got it. I ride my hands high. Learn and live. Would serve you well to get the round hammer. It's prettier anyway... ;)

mayo 111
09-02-2012, 9:09 PM
I personally think they are ALL fantastic, and you cant go wrong with either of them.

For those that say the beretta is too big, I have tiny hands and I love the way the beretta feels..

I've only shot the CZ in 40, but I still really enjoyed it, great trigger on it like some have said before.. and its lower in price than the other two..

The BHP, though smaller than the other two, once again fits my hand quite well.. and the action on that is like BUTTER. its really smooth, and its a classic.

I tried all 3 out, and probably wouldve gone with the BHP if I had the money, but I went with the Beretta M9 and I love the gun..

All my other handguns are revolvers, which are superior to all 3 of these guns :p

orangeusa
09-02-2012, 9:10 PM
True, that's another possibility.... And probably the way I'll go if it becomes an issue. BUT - taking out the mag disconnect was well worth the effort. Not near as easy as the videos make it seem.

To OP - ignore our little squabbles, you are asking about 3 great guns and we're discussing uber details... You can't go wrong with any of them, but do as most suggest - shoot them all.

Gun forums are not well known for helping new users select their first firearm... :)

(DANG - Mayo_111 nailed it by bringing up revolvers. I only last year saw the light and wheelguns are the source. ) :)

Buddhabelly
09-02-2012, 9:11 PM
You can also just trim down the spur. I had to do that on mine.

You can do that too. :thumbsup:

Buddhabelly
09-02-2012, 9:13 PM
Your hands fit the huge B and the smallish BHP. You must be the plastic man in The Indredibles. :D

Just playing with you. ;)

I personally think they are ALL fantastic, and you cant go wrong with either of them.

For those that say the beretta is too big, I have tiny hands and I love the way the beretta feels..

I've only shot the CZ in 40, but I still really enjoyed it, great trigger on it like some have said before.. and its lower in price than the other two..

The BHP, though smaller than the other two, once again fits my hand quite well.. and the action on that is like BUTTER. its really smooth, and its a classic.

I tried all 3 out, and probably wouldve gone with the BHP if I had the money, but I went with the Beretta M9 and I love the gun..

All my other handguns are revolvers, which are superior to all 3 of these guns :p

BradleyAbrams
09-02-2012, 9:16 PM
Have you actually owned all 3 for years to make a real evaluation? Or you just... guess?

And do you own both a Lexus and an MBZ?

Thought so...

Think again...BB

BTW, my current car is a SL500...:p

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e383/blndyhb/001-2.jpg

( I had to replace the Left Tailight lens recently. It got hit at a supermarket parking lot; probably by a shopping cart...) )

-

Bongos
09-02-2012, 9:18 PM
I've owned all three and it really depends on what you are looking for , all have flaws
Beretta : 100% reliable with the 180 degree ejection port but is bulky, though very safe to carry.
CZ : pretty much copied aspects of every popular gun out there, but very heavy and the slide has too little place for purchase to rack (Sip P210 copied)
Browning Hipower : by far best feeling gun, but if you are a novice, the single action cock and lock is not a good feature for you.

For me, I look for concealment and carriability...the Hipower hands down is the winner, it's slim and light weight compared to the other two....
before others chimes in.. I used to CCW, try carrying a Beretta or CZ in a conceal holster for 8 hrs a day, and let me know by the end of the week, which one you preferr..lol

Buddhabelly
09-02-2012, 9:24 PM
Think again...BB

BTW, my current car is a SL500...:p

( I had to replace the Left Tailight lens recently. It got hit at a supermarket parking lot; probably by a shopping cart...) )

-

How do I know it's your real car? You need to take a pic with your standing next to it and your BHP.

And you didn't say anything about owning a Lexus.

Just kidding man, pulling your leg. It's all good. You are of course entitled to your opinion. I respect that. :D

BradleyAbrams
09-02-2012, 9:29 PM
How do I know it's your real car? You need to take a pic with your standing next to it and your BHP.

And you didn't say anything about owning a Lexus.

Just kidding man, pulling your leg. It's all good. You are of course entitled to your opinion. I respect that. :D

Not a Lexus, but an Infinity - Close enough..?

No worries. I happen to prefer BHPs and MBZs...

And, FWIW, staying on the MBZ / Teutonic subject; my preffered small DA is a PPK/s ( .380)

Mine looks exactly like this one:

http://www.007museum.com/ppk2.jpg

---

orangeusa
09-02-2012, 9:31 PM
How do we know that's NOT your PPK? <lolz> - Budda started it.

Buddhabelly
09-02-2012, 9:33 PM

How do we know that it is???

Hahahahaha....

BradleyAbrams
09-02-2012, 9:37 PM

Because I told you up-front that it is not -

Re-read what I wrote...

I said : "Mine looks exactly like this one"

:)

--

orangeusa
09-02-2012, 9:38 PM
Where are the Glock guys? I figured we'd have like 10 Glock pictures, a quote from the 'Fugitive - get rid of that sissy gun', a hello kitty picture and all that by now....

orangeusa
09-02-2012, 9:39 PM
Exactly my point. You said it was not.... therefore it had to be. <Budda started it> :)

Because I told you up-front that it is not -

Re-read what I wrote...

I said : "Mine looks exactly like this one"

:)

--

Buddhabelly
09-02-2012, 9:41 PM
Where are the Glock guys? I figured we'd have like 10 Glock pictures, a quote from the 'Fugitive - get rid of that sissy gun', a hello kitty picture and all that by now....

Yeah but you know the 9mm is nothing compared to the .45 anyway...

And what's with the fascination with 1911's anyway?

What should I choose for my first handgun?:D

Buddhabelly
09-02-2012, 9:42 PM

Don't you know the G19 was created for, and by the Gods?

BradleyAbrams
09-02-2012, 9:46 PM
Exactly my point. You said it was not.... therefore it had to be. <Budda started it> :)

Why would I say " it looks exactly like this one", if in fact it was a photo of my gun..?

That makes no sense.

Are you a Democrat Operative, per chance..? < LOL >

---

orangeusa
09-02-2012, 9:49 PM
Don't you know the G19 was created for, and by the Gods?

Man, I can't hardly type, because of you. BUT - you left out Glock knee and reloading.

orangeusa
09-02-2012, 9:51 PM
I object, you clearly said it looks just like this one. Indicating it was NOT your gun.

Why would I say " it looks exactly like this one", if in fact it was a photo of my gun..?

That makes no sense.

Are you a Democrat Operative, per chance..? < LOL >

---

BradleyAbrams
09-02-2012, 10:06 PM
I object, you clearly said it looks just like this one. Indicating it was NOT your gun.

Exactly.

Why would you think that, in fact, it was my PPK when I indicated clearly that it only "Looked like it"..?

Let us apply Modus Tollens logic:

It either IS my PPK, or it LOOKS like my PPK.

I said it "looks like" my PPK;

Therefore it is isn't my PPK.

:cool:

-

Euphoria526
09-02-2012, 10:11 PM

I agree and am very surprised that this thread hasn't been 'glockjacked' by now. So in fashion of showing pics and CZ WAS mentioned, here's my SA:

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/euphoria526/eb0feb33.jpg

JeremyS
09-02-2012, 10:11 PM
I always thought the CZ SA version was/is a copy of the BHP.I know zfields already responded to this, but I wanted to basically +1 what he said just 'cuz. While many people feel they look similar on the outside, there isn't much else that they share. They both use a browning style locking mechanism and a staggered-round magazine, but most semi-auto guns on the market do, and the Hi-Power was not the originator of this. Beyond this, and being hammer-fired, there is little working mechanics that they share. Not the least of the differences being the slide-in-frame design of the CZ.

Additionally, since you specificaly mentioned the CA75 SA version being a copy of the BHP, it actually sort of points out how the gun is not a copy at all. The CZ75 was designed to be DA/SA and that was the only option available. It was not until some time later that CZ decided to make a single action only version of the 75. Deciding to make a gun single action is no more copying a BHP than it is copying a 1911 than it is copying a Colt Single Action Army, etc etc etc. The fact that DA/SA was the design and SAO came later is just something else showing that CZ didn't try to copy the BHP.

Now... was the CZ75 inspired by the BHP? Who knows! Maybe. Although by 1975 it wasn't exactly an earth-shattering idea to come up with the desire to design a high capacity 9mm. The BHP, after all, started production in the '30's or something I believe. Maybe it was something like:

Guy 1: "hey, we should make a hi-cap 9mm for our army"
Guy 2: "yeah, great idea. Everyone likes that Browning High Power."
Guy 1: "Totally. Okay, let's design one of our own from scratch."

...and CZ makes a gun that has nothing copied from the BHP except for its "philosophy of use" (to borrow a term from nutndouchey) :p...

Wodsworthy
09-02-2012, 11:24 PM
I own a Beretta and a CZ (2, but one is still in jail x_x)... and I have to say I prefer the ergonomics of the CZ's a lot more. Even though my beloved CZ's have the "retarded midget slide" I really don't care. Out of all handguns I've shot I love them the most.

If you have interest in all three... by all means get all three. but just shoot them all and see which you like the most so you can get it first. The most important thing is getting something you can live with. To hell with other people and their opinions if you like it.

stormvet
09-03-2012, 3:14 AM

We're here.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z207/2814V/DSCN2005.jpg

Just kidding, I will vote.
1. CZ
2. BHP
3. A very distant 92f

InGrAM
09-03-2012, 5:20 AM
We're here.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z207/2814V/DSCN2005.jpg

Just kidding, I will vote.
1. CZ
2. BHP
3. A very distant 92f

I love the BHP and CZ. :drool5: It is quite cool how they match.

But I am kind of confused why you added the glock into the picture? Seems really out of place and quite ugly compared to the others.

Maybe you were contrasting the beauty of the CZ and BHP with the ugly *** glock? Lol, I kid.

23 Blast
09-03-2012, 5:34 AM

But I am kind of confused why you added the glock into the picture? Seems really out of place and quite ugly compared to the others.

Maybe you were contrasting the beauty of the CZ and BHP with the ugly *** glock? Lol, I kid.

Yeah really - I was about to comment that the picture looks like those funny "fitting in FAIL" Internet photos where there's a pair of supermodel-looking girls and one big heifer in the picture for contrast! :D

I've never owned or shot a BHP, but I've owned a Beretta and several CZ pistols. The Beretta grip felt fine to me, and IMO the trigger reach in DA mode for the Beretta is shorter and has a lighter pull than that on a CZ. However, for whatever reason, I couldn't hit the ground with the Beretta if I dropped it. My CZs, by contrast, have always been extraordinarily accurate and comfortable to shoot.

Bongos
09-03-2012, 6:54 AM
I know zfields already responded to this, but I wanted to basically +1 what he said just 'cuz. While many people feel they look similar on the outside, there isn't much else that they share. They both use a browning style locking mechanism and a staggered-round magazine, but most semi-auto guns on the market do, and the Hi-Power was not the originator of this. Beyond this, and being hammer-fired, there is little working mechanics that they share. Not the least of the differences being the slide-in-frame design of the CZ.

Additionally, since you specificaly mentioned the CA75 SA version being a copy of the BHP, it actually sort of points out how the gun is not a copy at all. The CZ75 was designed to be DA/SA and that was the only option available. It was not until some time later that CZ decided to make a single action only version of the 75. Deciding to make a gun single action is no more copying a BHP than it is copying a 1911 than it is copying a Colt Single Action Army, etc etc etc. The fact that DA/SA was the design and SAO came later is just something else showing that CZ didn't try to copy the BHP.

Now... was the CZ75 inspired by the BHP? Who knows! Maybe. Although by 1975 it wasn't exactly an earth-shattering idea to come up with the desire to design a high capacity 9mm. The BHP, after all, started production in the '30's or something I believe. Maybe it was something like:

Guy 1: "hey, we should make a hi-cap 9mm for our army"
Guy 2: "yeah, great idea. Everyone likes that Browning High Power."
Guy 1: "Totally. Okay, let's design one of our own from scratch."

...and CZ makes a gun that has nothing copied from the BHP except for its "philosophy of use" (to borrow a term from nutndouchey) :p...

Not entirely true, CZ copied these designs from other companies
Trigger (DA/SA) = Beretta Inspired
Ramped Barrel = Browning Hipower Inspired
Magazine = Browning Hipower Inspired
Slide to Frame design = Sig P210 Inspired
Main Spring recoil = Browning Hipower Inspired
Recoil Spring design = Browning Hipower Inspired
thumb safety = Colt 1911 inspired
Disassembly design = Colt 1911 Inspired

I think that about covers it, the one thing the CZ did come up with is that it took the best functional designs of the the best handguns at the time and incorporate it into one gun (other companies copied CZ as well; most notible, the Talifango and IMI Baby eagle) .

Another company which did similar to CZ is the current SA XD, ultilizing more if the 1911 and glock designs.. more modern these days with the polymer technology

g17owner
09-03-2012, 7:24 AM
I have all three and of the three the DA trigger is lightest and smoothest in the Beretta. The SA trigger is crispest with the browning and the ergonomics are best with the CZ. Because parts and magazines arent as cheap for the CZ as they are for the HP or the beretta I would have to say it is my least favorite. The browning is a good gun but mine has the original sights which leave a lot to be desired. The beretta is the best compromise for me but I am partial to my Vertec which gets rid of the fat grip more then my M9.

daybreak
09-03-2012, 9:46 AM
love my CZs.

The beretta platform is gross, IMO. Slide mounted safety? Stupid. Try clearing a stovepipe without actuating the safety. Plus the fact that down is safe and up is hot (opposite the 1911 and other manual safeties).

CZ is the way to go. Can't go wrong with the hi power, but i personally think you get less for your money AND who wants to deal with a mag disconnect safety?

Euphoria526
09-03-2012, 9:48 AM
CZ's are just awesome!! I am not talking crap in others. I just prefer CZ for me!!!

zfields
09-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Not entirely true, CZ copied these designs from other companies
Trigger (DA/SA) = Beretta Inspired
Ramped Barrel = Browning Hipower Inspired
Magazine = Browning Hipower Inspired
Slide to Frame design = Sig P210 Inspired
Main Spring recoil = Browning Hipower Inspired
Recoil Spring design = Browning Hipower Inspired
thumb safety = Colt 1911 inspired
Disassembly design = Colt 1911 Inspired

I think that about covers it, the one thing the CZ did come up with is that it took the best functional designs of the the best handguns at the time and incorporate it into one gun (other companies copied CZ as well; most notible, the Talifango and IMI Baby eagle) .

Another company which did similar to CZ is the current SA XD, ultilizing more if the 1911 and glock designs.. more modern these days with the polymer technology

Some serious over generalizations going on about design there.

Oldnoob
09-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Own all three and here is my preference:

1)BHP
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/johell/My%20gun/BHP.jpg

2)Beretta G Vertec
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/johell/My%20gun/BerettaVertec1.jpg

3)CZ 75 SA
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/johell/My%20gun/CZ75BSA.jpg

As OP ask, if I can only have one. BHP will be the no brainer. But if one need to take the cost into account Beretta and CZ can be have for much less (especially in the used market).

hkdad
09-03-2012, 10:34 AM
So many x vs. y threads lately... Hmmmm...:confused:

ptgarcia
09-03-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm trying to decide between a CZ75 SP-01 and a Beretta M9 at this moment. I have handled both (but haven't fired either) and being left handed the Beretta is easier for me to manipulate all the controls. I have large hands so the grip on the Beretta is fine, but the CZ is nicer in the hand. The Berettas I fondled have been so smooth, also, whereas the CZ was fine but nothing special. I like the smaller overall size of the CZ, also, but damn it's expensive. The shop wants $782 out the door for the SP-01 whereas the Beretta can be had from Turners right now for $675. Deciding between the two has been tough!

Euphoria526
09-03-2012, 2:53 PM
Get the sp01. That's insane over marking on the price btw. Like insulting as a CZ owner overpriced

ptgarcia
09-03-2012, 3:16 PM
Get the sp01. That's insane over marking on the price btw. Like insulting as a CZ owner overpriced

They want $700 for the SP-01 before tax and DROS. I think MSRP is $660 which is probably why it's been on the shelf for several weeks.

stormvet
09-03-2012, 3:22 PM

The contrast is the idea behind the pic. I do like my Glocks they are great service pistols. But yes they are uuugly.
I am also a big CZ fan, I have two now and owned two others that I have sold. I like the Hi Power and will always have at least one. It's a JMB gun for gods sake. The M9 will never be in my safe, I am sure it is a good weapon but can't deal with the location of the fire control levers. Safety's anOd decockers should never be on the slide in MHO.
OP take the CZ's
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z207/2814V/DSCN2004.jpg

Euphoria526
09-03-2012, 3:37 PM
They want $700 for the SP-01 before tax and DROS. I think MSRP is $660 which is probably why it's been on the shelf for several weeks.

True Msrp is like 650 ish.
But you can find way cheaper online and have the ffl's transferred. Now I AM a huge fan of mom and pop stores, but times are tough right now gotta get what you can.

Leesan82
09-03-2012, 3:53 PM
If you intend to buy online and do a dealer transfer at your LGS, better ask that store about fees first. With the enforcement on sales tax, the transfer fees could be quite a bit.

ChopperX
09-03-2012, 4:02 PM
I have shot the Beretta and its okay but I own a CZ 75BD. I love my CZ. I would take it over a beretta any day. Very reliable, easy to control, feels great in the hands. It's just a joy to shoot.

Euphoria526
09-03-2012, 4:03 PM
I know. I've done my homework for my area. I've found places for me. I just can't afford the gun right now. I have 2 guns already, and I just got a tv today. So when I get my sp01 hopefully they won't be as scarce as they are now lmao

Rorge Retson
09-03-2012, 4:04 PM
True Msrp is like 650 ish.

MSRP is one number, no "ishes" - and for the SP-01 it is $660 (http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-sp-01/)

willerfortheworld
09-03-2012, 4:53 PM
I'm feeling lazy today. Beretta is a great sidearm but not as reliable as a cz 75. The bhp is a great handgun design but a little out of date without the modern features found on more modern handguns.

All 3 are accurate out of the box, and all are proven combat weapons. If I had to trust my life or families live to one it would be the cz. Between the Beretta and bhp, that's a hard one but bhp is more of a collector's handgun and holds value very well. The Beretta m9 is the military's sidearm of choice so that says something about it, i think its a little on the thick side even with the open slide. The Cz p01 is a NATO approved pistol if that meens anything to you? The bmp is the grandfather of modern 9mm handguns, a true game changer.

All in all, their all good but cz is the best bang for tha buck in most cases. And feel the best in the hand.

₩FT₩

Bongos
09-03-2012, 8:19 PM
Some serious over generalizations going on about design there.

Sorry, I'm an Engineer by Profession

Euphoria526
09-03-2012, 8:39 PM
MSRP is one number, no "ishes" - and for the SP-01 it is $660 (http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-sp-01/)

I only say ish becAuse I don't know the exact number.

Rorge Retson
09-03-2012, 8:45 PM
I only say ish becAuse I don't know the exact number.

It's strange you say that, because your response was correcting someone else who said it was $660. I was simply ensuring those who read this thread knew the first poster was correct.

pyromensch
09-03-2012, 10:37 PM
browning HP...the only 9mm i will own. for the same reason bradley, mentioned above

willerfortheworld
09-04-2012, 8:54 AM
I paid 665 before taxes for my p-01. Best 700 bucks I ever spent.

mbt
09-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Hi Point 9mm. Lifetime warranty. Made with Pride, American Pride. Why bother with eurotrash pistols like my cz.

http://gunnuts.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/hi-point.jpg

ptgarcia
09-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Geez, the High Point is even uglier than a Glock! ;)

BradleyAbrams
09-04-2012, 6:11 PM
For some reason, the Hi-Point reminds me of a Phaser.. < No Offense.. :) >

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4509033488844624&id=f7acec21a1efb66c4b3b875264a01899 http://www.shootingtimes.com/files/2010/09/sthipoint_100605c.jpg

-

Euphoria526
09-04-2012, 6:15 PM
It's strange you say that, because your response was correcting someone else who said it was $660. I was simply ensuring those who read this thread knew the first poster was correct.

And. I was just commenting on the price someone posted, you can find cheaper online. But with ffl fees and dros and tax it'll most likely end up with the same price anyways

mysak
09-04-2012, 7:00 PM
#1 BHP. Mine is 40 years old and has never failed.
#2 CZ. good guns I've had them fail.
#3 M9/92. still good guns but I've seen the lockings lugs break.

lechiffre
09-04-2012, 7:21 PM
FN Hi-Power. As long as it's a MKII or MKIII

There really is no "reason" to pick one over the other. All three are quality arms, it's just down to personal preference.

CZ is most accurate with best trigger

I guess, unless you count the other two.

I would rank them as far as accuracy goes :

1. Hi-Power
2. Beretta (Italian)
3. Beretta (USA)
4. CZ-75

The triggers are so different it's Apples, Oranges, whatever.

Hi-Powers tend to be on the heavy side for SA, but they can be made to break clean if they don't already.

Berettas are probably the best out three relative losers

CZs......... well all I can say is I sent mine to CZ custom, and it's pretty good now. Smoother than the Beretta in DA, but although lighter, not as clean as the Hi-Power.

Zartan
09-05-2012, 7:00 AM
Before I bought my CZ, I tried the M9. It shot well, but the grip felt way to fat for my hand. The 75BD however, was somewhat magical. Perfect fit and nice solid feel.

ChopperX
09-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Before I bought my CZ, I tried the M9. It shot well, but the grip felt way to fat for my hand. The 75BD however, was somewhat magical. Perfect fit and nice solid feel.

I felt the same way. I also love the decocker on the BD which is why I got that one. It's nice to practice single action shots without having to lower the hammer manually. I know the beretta has that too but I love the grip on the CZ. Also a lot of custom aftermarket parts for the CZ on czcustom.com

jyo
09-05-2012, 5:38 PM
EVERYBODY should have at least one Hi Power! I have three...

orangeusa
09-05-2012, 6:35 PM
You were clearly confused when you posted this. Ever heard the word - wonder-nines? 'B' not as reliable ? BHP out of date?

Pistols (AND rifles - until recently) have changed at an astoundly SLOW rate. For good reason, they work really well. 1911's included of course.

Folks ALWAYS complain about the safety - cocked and locked, frame mounted, slide mounted, but all have basically the same function. User preference.

You do realize there are 3.5 million 'B' guns being used? And still being sold?

I like all 3, and the reliability statement is just well, wrong. I also am an Engineer, so I like stats.

I'm feeling lazy today. Beretta is a great sidearm but not as reliable as a cz 75. The bhp is a great handgun design but a little out of date without the modern features found on more modern handguns.

All 3 are accurate out of the box, and all are proven combat weapons. If I had to trust my life or families live to one it would be the cz. Between the Beretta and bhp, that's a hard one but bhp is more of a collector's handgun and holds value very well. The Beretta m9 is the military's sidearm of choice so that says something about it, i think its a little on the thick side even with the open slide. The Cz p01 is a NATO approved pistol if that meens anything to you? The bmp is the grandfather of modern 9mm handguns, a true game changer.

All in all, their all good but cz is the best bang for tha buck in most cases. And feel the best in the hand.

₩FT₩

PAKALO
09-24-2012, 2:30 PM
CZ 75b yes sir!
why you ask.. my hands are simply to small for Beretta. the Hi Power was super sweet but thats AR money..
Got the 75b cause the SP is 3-12 month wait as well as the 75b SA .. im not a patient person so in 3-12 months when my local shop has one ill get one then :)
thanks brothers for all your advive

GuillermoAntonio
09-24-2012, 11:03 PM
In the same order you placed them:

Carry, target shooting, collection.

Of course all of them can do well in all 3 aspects but, it just naturally comes out of my brain like this.

DArBad
09-25-2012, 4:46 PM
title self explanitory. im opening this one up to everyone. lets here your answer and more importantly why??? if you had only one??? which and why?? :cool2:

I am partial to the Beretta M9/92fs. I like the refined finish and fitting, the reliability, and its aesthetics. I also like the way it fits my hand, everything about its controls to me is intuitive. I also like that it is widely available at a decent price.