PDA

View Full Version : 1911 Holster

secret.asian.man
09-02-2012, 6:27 PM
i'm looking for a nice holster that wont mar the finish or my parkerized SA 1911 loaded. i'm usually a Serpa guy but i've read bad reviews for the 1911 Serpa. so i want one that wont let the gun fall out if i'm running, jumping or climbing like a Serpa but at the same time something that wont hurt the finish.

thanks!

09-02-2012, 6:28 PM
Kydex holster? I am not sure if they wear finish's off much.

akoba
09-03-2012, 2:38 PM
Silent thunder. Leather holster with kydex shell. it will always stay in place. But, it will add a little thickness because of the two material covering your gun.

bsg
09-03-2012, 4:37 PM
when your handgun is holstered, wear doesn't result from simple contact. wear results from friction that occurs when there is movement of the handgun inside the holster. the best/most effective step you can take in effort to preserve your handgun's finish is to use a holster that fits correctly. a good, stiff fitting holster that does not allow for random movement of the handgun inside the holster reduces the friction that causes wear on the handgun's finish.

even the "perfect" holster will not permanently prevent wear on a handgun's finish. if you frequently holster your handgun, sooner or later there will be wear on the handgun's finish. holstering, carrying and drawing the handgun will create friction that cannot be avoided.

visit the internet website of Milt Sparks, Inc. for further elaboration and discussion of holsters and gun finish. when arriving to the Milt Sparks website, find the "Questions" selection on left side of home page and make that selection; choose question #5 and read enclosed information.

www.miltsparks.com/