PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question on M-100 and Drum Rebuild/Repair

408hounds
09-02-2012, 11:03 AM
I have a old Calico M-100 .22 with the 100 round drum that I bought new in the early 90's

It has been in storage for over 10 years and decided to take it out of the closet and is over 20 years old. I just assumed I couldn't use it anymore due to California Law until I started reading this forum.

I had the drum stored in a separate area and noticed my drum is cracked and needs to get repalcement as well as other rebuild parts/kit since I was having issues with the drum before.

I found an online company that will rebuild the drum but I need to have the drum shipped to a FFL dealer that deals with high capacity.

of course, I want to do all things legally per California Law.

Questions:

1. Can I order the parts/rebuild kit and have them legally shipped to me directly?

2. If I can't order these parts directly, can anyone recommend a FFL dealer that will accept the parts and possibly rebuild the drum for me in the San Francisco/San jose Bay Area?

3. Can anybody recommend a parts source online or a local dealer that can get these rebuilt kits?

4. I also was reading that the new parts sold online may not work with the old M-100. Does anyone know if this is true/

5. Lastly, I have the M-100 rifle and wanted to know if I can legally buy a new/used pistol version in the .22 and use my pre-ban drum or the new pistol?

Thanks in advance and any advice is appreciated.

Quiet
09-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Questions:

1. Can I order the parts/rebuild kit and have them legally shipped to me directly? yes

5. Lastly, I have the M-100 rifle and wanted to know if I can legally buy a new/used pistol version in the .22 and use my pre-ban drum or the new pistol? no. because the magazine is not in the pistol grip, it needs to operate from a fixed 10 round or less magazine. otherwise, it would be considered an assault weapon.

Thanks in advance and any advice is appreciated.

answers in red.
don't know on questions 2-4.