PDA

View Full Version : Non Polymer Piistol Please

PAKALO
09-02-2012, 10:12 AM
I need to ask why ive been seeing so much consideration for the CZ75b. People are talking about this pistol with some population growing lately.
whatever happened to the Beretta M9 or the Sig 226. seems like if your not going polymer you only have a few choices now a days.
If I wanted and non polymer pistols what would I choose? What would yall choose? I haven't shot every one out there so lets hear it..
compare all factors. have a free for all :)

Rorge Retson
09-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Hold one in your hand and then you will "get it." No further explanation will be necessary.

Without exception, everyone who has held my SP-01 has said that it is the best-feeling pistol they have every held.

This includes people who reluctantly say so, because this means that their #1 pistol is no longer #1.

Euphoria526
09-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Yup.
That's why I bought my CZ's. They felt like they were made for my hands. AND there accurate as hell to boot!!!

Cali-Shooter
09-02-2012, 10:45 AM

There are some uncommon options such as 3rd gen S&W handguns as well, such as the 910, 5905, etc.

willerfortheworld
09-02-2012, 11:37 AM
CZ 75 ANY MODEL FTW!!!!!

More accurate the anyone can shoot a pistol, solid track record, melts in your hand, a natural pointer, and affordable. You just can't go wrong with them. Throw on some nice wood grips and some better night sights a good leather holster and your golden:)

₩FT₩

mikestesting
09-02-2012, 11:45 AM
I currently do not own any polymer guns, but I hope to change that by the end of the year. My current handgun collection includes some pretty heavy and solid framed guns:

Sig SS rail 1911
92fs
Ruger Security Six
Ruger Blackhawk w/ 10.5 inch barrel
Ruger Old Army
Uberti 1875 Outlaw w/ 7.5 inch barrel

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/humangod/handguns.jpg

I've shot a Springfield XD 40, and it was pretty nice and comfortable. But even when I go polymer, I think I'll still love my 1911 first and foremost.

Gringo Bandito
09-02-2012, 11:47 AM
CZ 75 ANY MODEL FTW!!!!!

More accurate the anyone can shoot a pistol, solid track record, melts in your hand, a natural pointer, and affordable. You just can't go wrong with them. Throw on some nice wood grips and some better night sights a good leather holster and your golden:)

₩FT₩

I agree X1000. I picked up a cz75d and it fit my hand like no other pistol and I plunked the cash down for it right then and there. It's a great shooter! The only other gun I recommend is the 1911. I bought a SA TRP and it shoots way better than I do. There is some about the feel of these non poly guns that cannot be replicated and I highly encourage anyone to test them out.

freethemouse
09-02-2012, 11:48 AM
My CZ 75B gets out of jail in a week. I picked this up because I wanted an all-metal frame and the CZ 75 comes in at a great price (and shoots cheaper than, say, a 1911). Its reputation and comfort didn't hurt either.

CK_32
09-02-2012, 11:49 AM
What's wrong with polymer?

steelholder
09-02-2012, 11:50 AM

There are some uncommon options such as 3rd gen S&W handguns as well, such as the 910, 5905, etc.

+1 on third gens, I always try telling people about these when they are interested in non polymer. The ones I have never give issues they eat anything and are built like tanks.... 3rd gen ftr

PAKALO
09-02-2012, 11:56 AM
there is nothing wrong with polymer but personally half my pistols are plastic and the ones that arent are way way more accurate for me!!!(thats me not everyone else)
ive just been going back and forth between getting another 9mm (thats not polymer) or another wheel gun (snub nose, cause i just dont have one and never shot a 2")
thats why I was seeing the popularity out there. CZ are just so popular and i honestly dont know why??? not trying to bash them either

Rorge Retson
09-02-2012, 12:38 PM
CZ are just so popular and i honestly dont know why??? not trying to bash them either

Here are the steps to solve your problem:
1) Find a CZ 75B or derivative close to you
2) Hold it in your hand

If this does not fully address the situation, do the following:
3) Find a CZ75B or derivative for rent or lend (e.g. Calguns member)
4) Shoot the aforementioned weapon

Then, come back and report your results. I guarantee you will have results :)

Sakiri
09-02-2012, 12:45 PM
What's wrong with polymer?

My guess is that folks deem them as "cheap" because they're made of plastic.

Personally, I have weak arm muscles atm(my own fault, lack of exercise lol) and I've found the steel frames that I've held that *weren't* snubbies were heavy and hard to hold for the time it takes to line up shots as an inexperienced shooter.

Have my eye on a M&P .40. Just need cash. :(

Exposed
09-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Personally, I prefer the CZ clone (Jericho Baby Eagle). Only gun I ever regret selling. :(

wash
09-02-2012, 1:17 PM
Properly engineered polymer framed pistols are just as durable and accurate as a steel or aluminum framed pistol. They are lighter and usually cheaper as well. Some people find that the give in a polymer frame helps reduce recoil.

Poorly engineered polymer frame pistols can be as bad as anything I'm sure.

Manufacturers concentrate on the cost reduction which is probably why you see so many new guns in polymer.

Look for older designs if you want metal frames.

Euphoria526
09-02-2012, 3:12 PM
I have no issues with poly. Just when people jump in a bandwagon for
The sake of a bandwagon with no new knowledge, then it's annoying.
Plus when I think of a gun I think of an all metal frame. I'd think twice before hitting someone over the head with a poly gun.

AP1
09-02-2012, 4:27 PM
I love my CZ 75B 9mm. I *was* one of those guys who was bashing the all steel pistols since I owned my G19/G17 before I had the luxury to shoot a CZ. Now my Glocks get no range time and all my range friends want to shoot the CZ. :seeya:

skosh69
09-02-2012, 4:30 PM
A non polymer gun? No question, a 1911. Let the hate begin.....

Kyle1886
09-02-2012, 4:38 PM
Have you looked at a Browning Hi-Power? I've never shot a CZ, but I have shot the Browning a few times---great pistol.

Respectfully
Kyle

NSR500
09-02-2012, 4:47 PM
1911 and CZ SP01

Sakiri
09-02-2012, 5:00 PM
I have no issues with poly. Just when people jump in a bandwagon for
The sake of a bandwagon with no new knowledge, then it's annoying.
Plus when I think of a gun I think of an all metal frame. I'd think twice before hitting someone over the head with a poly gun.

I wouldn't.

If I'm out of ammo and they're still charging at me by some miracle you can bet your butt I'll beat them over the head with whatever I can find, including a poly gun.

DeathByDoubleDip
09-02-2012, 5:12 PM
So I have a Glock 19 as my "beater 9mm" gun for classes, and my CZ75 SP01 as my heavy 'rangetoy' gun.

Regarding the CZ's: I would've gone for a CZ85 because I'm a lefty, but they're not on the roster so I got the SP01 (used) for the ambi safety. Had I not bought it, I probably would've picked up a used Beretta 92FS (Centurion). I was biased towards the CZs mainly because the width of the grip in factory-stock settings is a bit thinner than the 92FS and P226 for my small hands. You always have the option of throwing on thinner aftermarket grips (like the E2 for SIG)

If that doesn't help much, I guess my parting message is that even if you don't have /many/ metal-frame DA/SA options, the guns included in that category are not necessarily bad options by any means: it's just that there's a few to choose from.

Squidward
09-02-2012, 8:08 PM
I don't handle a 1911 platform .45 very well but it's probably the standard for non-polymer handguns. And they're sexy.

So I'd opt for a S&W 3913 because it's light, concealable and affordable. But if money weren't an issue definitely an H&K P7M8 (or two)

dwtt
09-03-2012, 7:16 AM
Noone has mentioned the Bersa line of handguns. Try one and you'll see they are just as good as the Berettas. There's also the Smith and Wesson line of steel pistols that they've been making since before I was born, but then why would someone point out the obvious if it will take away the thunder of their complaint about having only a few choices?

clutch_dust
09-03-2012, 10:26 PM
S&W 3913. I can only tell you that I prefer it because I love it. Polymer has never pleased me in the way that little hunk o' steel can.

Czsp-01-9mm
09-03-2012, 11:20 PM
depends on what your gonna use it for, i love my SP-01 great gun, i love the weight it helps absorb some recoil and muzzle flip, ergos are great, even my wife loves it, im a bit bias so thats just my .02 cents

shipwreck
09-04-2012, 8:01 AM
whatever happened to the Beretta M9 or the Sig 226.

I bought a few :) :)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/9-wheel-o-berettacopy.jpg

J.D.Allen
09-04-2012, 9:47 AM
I bought a few :) :)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/9-wheel-o-berettacopy.jpg

Ha! and you live in "Beretta city" that's funny...

...wait. I see what you did there. Cute.

J.D.Allen
09-04-2012, 9:51 AM
CZ's are awesome guns. Ergos, accuracy, recoil, trigger, able to be carried either cocked and locked or in DA/SA. And the price...just an all around great weapon.

asgalindez
09-04-2012, 9:54 AM
WgDhURHa0OQ

willerfortheworld
09-04-2012, 10:35 AM
CZ's are awesome guns. Ergos, accuracy, recoil, trigger, able to be carried either cocked and locked or in DA/SA. And the price...just an all around great weapon.

That's what I'm sayin. They feel more expensive then they are. Tack drivers for sure :D

Lead Waster
09-04-2012, 10:55 AM
CZ75s are getting more "public relations" due to some top USPSA/IPSC shooters winning matches with the SP-01. This translates into local shooters using the SP-01, which translates into more buzz.

The 75's have been around since (duh!) 1975, I'm not sure when they started coming to the US.

Now I heard a RUMOR That the recent shortage was due to the CZ factory fulfilling some large government contract somewhere. That shortage makes people ask "Hey, where can I get one" which gives it more exposure.

I think it might be that the price on these are going to creep up now.

PAKALO
09-04-2012, 11:22 PM
beretta or cz wow tuff choice.. who ever posted on getting bersa 380 needs to take it out of the box and fire it.. then take it down put it back together.. if you still have it after that im sorry we can never be friends haha. just joking partner.. but in all serious get rid of your bersa