PDA

View Full Version : Holster for sig sp 2022 .40 cal

doc66
09-02-2012, 8:10 AM
Signing up for some training classes for handgun and also tactical carbine. W/handgun. Which is the best holster (owb) ?

Paperchasin
09-02-2012, 8:18 AM
I like Safariland holsters....

Arkangel
09-02-2012, 8:36 AM
I'm partial to Blackhawk SERPA holsters. Although I don't know if they make one for the SP2022.

Sturnovik
09-02-2012, 8:53 AM
Signing up for some training classes for handgun and also tactical carbine. W/handgun. Which is the best holster (owb) ?

Safariland and the ITAC holsters marketed under SIG have holsters for the SP2022. If you want a custom holster bladetech has some even with the light attached.

I saw the safariland one on optics planet before so I can't Remember the model number.

Either ITAC on top gun supply or sig Sauers main site as them.

Paperchasin
09-02-2012, 9:14 AM
I'm partial to Blackhawk SERPA holsters. Although I don't know if they make one for the SP2022.

OP should check with instructor to ensure that Blackhawk holsters are allowed in the class. From what I've been told, alot of folks are no longer allowing Blackhawk holsters in their classes.

doc66
09-02-2012, 12:32 PM
OP should check with instructor to ensure that Blackhawk holsters are allowed in the class. From what I've been told, alot of folks are no longer allowing Blackhawk holsters in their classes.

I wii check.... But why not Blackhawks? Why are some excluding?

Arkangel
09-02-2012, 8:09 PM

Some people are under the impression that SERPA holsters can lead to ND's. Which is total BS... Keep your finger of the trigger (like you should be) while you holster/unholster and everything will be fine.

feelgood
09-03-2012, 5:39 PM
I have an ITAC for my sigs...try top gun supply!!

Virus55
09-03-2012, 10:04 PM
i think sig has their own paddle holster for it?

DRAB_81
09-03-2012, 10:38 PM

Here's one sample of the reason why some instructors have banned the SERPA:
(Notice it's a 1911, not a Glock)
zYvAxLX6OzE&feature

I used to think it was BS too, and I still sorta do, but I had an experience at a recent class that changed my perception. A good friend of mine, former military & experienced shooter, almost did the same thing with his GEN 4 G22. His gun was hanging up in the holster, so he just kept adding more pressure to the SERPA release. Eventually he used so much pressure that he unintentionally pulled the trigger just after clearing the holster. The round touched earth about 2' from his right foot. Obviously there were several factors involved, but why risk it when there are so many other options out there.

On a side note, I used one with my HK45C when I had it, and never had an issue. That was the last SERPA I will ever own though.

StefanJanowski
09-04-2012, 9:28 AM

You can have my Serpa 2022 holster....