PDA

View Full Version : Good day at the range..

Brandini
06-23-2007, 6:58 PM
Today was probably the best day at the range I have had in a long time. A good friend of mine was back in town for the weekend and he has really been wanting to go shooting with me. I talk about my pistols all the time and the ones I want to buy and so on and so forth. He comes over and brings his brother with him, whom I'm good friends with as well, and his brother has been with me a few times before and already knew how to operate my pistols safely. I show the noob the basic function of my guns and we go. I start him off on the .22, as I believe all new shooters should and hes having a great time. Smiles on everyones faces. Once he is used to the .22 i load up a mag of 9mm to put through my XD. He was pretty nervous after seeing the size difference in cartridges. But he squeezed off the first round and starts laughing and pretty soon hes shooting like a champ. Great times

Then they decide they want to try a .45ACP. We rented a sweet GSR from the range and one box of ammo. HOLY CRAP .45s are fun. That was my first time shooting one as well, on a side note I think I found my next pistol purchase. The new guy is scared his hands are shaking it was quite amusing until he squeezed off his first round and it knocks him back a few inches. His brother and I about died laughing and he then finishes off the mag.

So his very first day he went from .22 to 9mm to .45ACP. Quite a progression considering it took me a year on .22 to even fire anything that was bigger. All in all it was a GREAT day at the range. 3 buddies shootin things and just havin a blast. Just had to share it with everyone. Thanks for listening.

MadMex
06-23-2007, 7:17 PM
Life is good.

Greg-Dawg
06-23-2007, 7:43 PM
That's awesome. I bet the best part was watching the newbie improve as you increase his "gun" knowledge/experience. I bet he's going to tell all his friends about it.

I brought a good friend to the range and the more he was learning, the more his eyes popped wide open to the world of firearms.

glockman19
06-23-2007, 8:28 PM
I had a great day at the renge today too. Met up with my Uncle & Cousin. Let tehm shoot the AR-15 M4, M1A, Kimber Custom II and S&W 686W/.357 loads. Went through 400 rounds of .223, 200 rounds of 7.62/308, and a couple of hundred rounds of each handgun caliber.

Cousin even offered to pay for ammo. I told him no and he offered dinner out with the ladies. I said great.

YES a Good Day at the range:)

leelaw
06-25-2007, 1:50 PM
That sounds like a great time! :D