PDA

View Full Version : mossberg 500 should i buy?

MPunderdog
09-01-2012, 4:28 PM
hey everyone i want to buy a brand new moss 500 at big 5 for 326.64 or something like that out the door, just wondering what you think of this shot gun, it comes with the two barrels 18" and 28" dont know if this is a good shotgun or a good deal just wondering if i can find it cheaper or if i should save my money and hold off.

FUBAR
09-01-2012, 4:35 PM
Good gun as long as you don't need to change the foregrip.

MPunderdog
09-01-2012, 4:40 PM
naw not worried about putting tactical crap on it just want it for HD and to hunt or skeet

cannon
09-01-2012, 4:42 PM
Very reliable shotgun. Have fun with it.

NastyNate
09-01-2012, 4:43 PM
It depends on the application and how you want to set it up. If you're in the market for a tactical M500, I'd check out the M500 'tactical persuader' model for $279 that Turner's usually puts on sale, it includes a pistol grip and a heat shield but requires a stock to be mounted, should you so desire.

I bought the big 5 special and ended up spending more money adding a pistol grip and heat shield than I would had I copped the Turner's deal.

NastyNate
09-01-2012, 4:43 PM
naw not worried about putting tactical crap on it just want it for HD and to hunt or skeet

can't go wrong with the big 5 special for this then.

MPunderdog
09-01-2012, 4:47 PM
awesome thanks sgt. im just worried this wont be on sale anytime soon, and i wanna blow some **** up and upgrade my home D i just sold my AR-15 and have a 9mm that i would not be accurate with hallf asleep so im thinking some birshot and a big gun would be better in my home

Paltik
09-01-2012, 4:56 PM
Not the best for shooting skeet. That choke on that 28" barrel is fixed. But the combo is still a deal.

MPunderdog
09-01-2012, 4:58 PM
Not the best for shooting skeet. That choke on that 28" barrel is fixed. But the combo is still a deal.

i heard something about this, what does this basically mean i cant mod the barrel or do anything? how will it affect my shooting? while shooting skeet, or hunting?

Paltik
09-01-2012, 5:35 PM
It's a fine barrel for what it is.

Serious hunters will want to be able to change the choke depending on their game and conditions.

Skeet shooters would generally choose a different choke.

You should be able to have a lot of fun shooting skeet with it and you should be able to bag game with it nonetheless. Or just sell it--but realize there are a lot of those Big 5 barrels out there already.