PDA

View Full Version : Remington 700 PSS trigger

Mugwump
06-23-2007, 5:01 PM
I don't shoot the 700 that often, so I decided to take it out today. The trigger is a pig (apparently the factory trigger is in the 8 - 10lb range for liability reasons).

Has anyone had work done on theirs? I'm in San Jose and would prefer to find someone close.

1911whore
06-23-2007, 5:16 PM
700 trigger. I do em all the time.im in the sacramento area. Pm me or pm jeffrice6 to see what he thinks of the job i did on his. Yes they can be made to be very nice.

50 Freak
06-23-2007, 5:30 PM
Not to step on 1911whore's post...

Look on the web for instructions. The 700 trigger is very easy to do by yourself.

Of course if you can have someone professional do the trigger job, he'll do it right the first time.

Paul
06-23-2007, 6:21 PM
I did my '700's trigger following the directions found on the Internet and found it easy. Got mine right the first shot and it's staid there ever since. Not hard to do if you're all all skilled.

dfletcher
06-23-2007, 8:10 PM
As it happens I have a few 700s and just bought a PSS in 7 Rem Mag. There are 3 adjustable screws and 2 springs that determine how good or bad your trigger pull can be. There is alot of on line info.

Basically the front top screw controls overtravel, the front bottom applies spring pressure to the trigger and the screw on the rear of the trigger unit controls sear engagement. You may or may not want to replace the standard springs with softer aftermarket ones, I usually do.

Adjusting overtravel is pretty easy. The trick - & the reason you may want to use 1911's talents - lies in adjusting those two other screws, striking a safe balance between sear engagement & spring pressure on the trigger.

It's not brain surgery, but it definitely requires an understanding of the parts and a bit of talented touch.

Mugwump
06-23-2007, 9:16 PM
The other part I didn't mention is that this is set in an accuracy international stock. So, is this going to require the disassembly of the entire stock? I'm going to guess this isn't brain surgery, but I wasn't the one who assembled it, so I don't know what's involved.

dfletcher
06-23-2007, 9:49 PM
Definitely have to remove the action from the stock. Should be held in place by two screws. Separate the barreled action, trigger guard & stock and you'll see the trigger housing attached to the receiver.

Mugwump
06-23-2007, 10:03 PM
700 trigger. I do em all the time.im in the sacramento area. Pm me or pm jeffrice6 to see what he thinks of the job i did on his. Yes they can be made to be very nice.

PM Sent.

chino
06-29-2007, 9:41 PM
DIY instructions.

http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/RemingtonTriggers.asp