PDA

View Full Version : HAHAHA ELK tag for me!!!!!

jemaddux
06-23-2007, 3:40 PM
I just got my letter telling me I drew my Elk tag for Lone Pine!!!!!!

Party!!!!!:D:D

stevie
06-23-2007, 4:26 PM
Gonna us an AK? :43:

Rumpled
06-23-2007, 4:35 PM
Way to go, keep us posted on how it goes.
Bull, spike or cow?

Just checked, nothing for me; just adding to my points.
Now have to decide which of the D zones to try and hunt.

jemaddux
06-23-2007, 4:44 PM
Way to go, keep us posted on how it goes.
Bull, spike or cow?

Just checked, nothing for me; just adding to my points.
Now have to decide which of the D zones to try and hunt.

Its anterless but thats fine with me, I just want the meat. Its also for the first hunt so nothing will be pushed.

So now I have my A tag, D9 tag, Bear, Pig and Elk, I am READY for the SEASON!!!!!!!!

FatKatMatt
06-23-2007, 5:21 PM
Wait... there are ELK in Cali?! Hot damn, now I need to get me a form.

Knight
06-23-2007, 6:03 PM

Up in NorCal, there are so much elk that they are a common sighting along 101, particularly in northern Humboldt County. There have been a few times where I've been hiking and stumbled into a herd of elk crossing my path just a few yards away from me.

They're definitely not afraid of humans, but they are still wary of them. I wouldn't ever try to approach them on purpose.

Where are the elk located that you can hunt?

Fjold
06-23-2007, 7:14 PM
Congratulations.

You guys who haven't tried there is a draw for antlered and anlterless Elk on Grizzly island in the Sacramento Delta. About the same odds as being hit by lightening but a few people win tags every year.

jemaddux
06-23-2007, 8:23 PM
Well figure, Lone Pine has five seasons (known as periods) and each period has two tags. I got one of the first period tags so I am pretty darn happy right now.:D

Congratulations.

You guys who haven't tried there is a draw for antlered and anlterless Elk on Grizzly island in the Sacramento Delta. About the same odds as being hit by lightening but a few people win tags every year.

RobG
06-23-2007, 9:30 PM
I just want the meat
Congrats! Nothing better than elk venison, IMO. Good luck with your hunt :33:

Hunter
06-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Congrats! I put in for the draws and as usual, but no luck. Same for NV and AZ draws. But this year I also put my son in for the Jr antlerless hunt in Az and he got a tag, so elk steaks this fall! If anyone has a jr. hunter, keep in mind that AZ really goes all out for the Jr hunters (resident and non-resident). A case in point is his tag is only $58 vs $595 if I drew the same tag. License for him was only $26 vs normal non-resident adult of $151.

ivanimal
06-24-2007, 1:32 AM
Congrats!:41:

I drew a antlerless tag 3 years ago, we hunted Simpson lumber land just outside of Klamath, I was unsucessful but it was a great hunt nonetheless.

What is your elk medicine? I use a 300 winmag Remmy 700.

AL14269
06-24-2007, 2:15 AM
Simpson lumber land sounds like a really good place to get an elk. I wouldnt mind baging a blacktail there :)

jemaddux
06-24-2007, 7:40 AM
Congrats!:41:

I drew a antlerless tag 3 years ago, we hunted Simpson lumber land just outside of Klamath, I was unsucessful but it was a great hunt nonetheless.

What is your elk medicine? I use a 300 winmag Remmy 700.

50 Muzzleload and I need to get out and practice now.

ivanimal
07-16-2007, 6:27 AM
http://www.powerbeltbullets.com/images/home-bot.jpg

These are the most accurate black powder bullets I have found. Thy use a full size projectile taking the sabot away and increasing pressure and bullet spin/stabalization. I dont use sabots anymore since I found these.:cool:

http://www.powerbeltbullets.com/index.html

wilit
07-16-2007, 9:49 PM

Dude, they're everywhere. Just 10 minutes north of San Francisco even in Point Reyes. Here's a pic of a group of them milling around just south of Eureka. You wouldn't believe the traffic jam they caused of people stopping to take pictures. (yes, I stopped too)

http://www.wilit.com/pics/mctrip2/trip29.jpg

82A1CAL
07-16-2007, 9:49 PM
LOL Yeah and there are not much lighting in CA too!:D

Congratulations.