PDA

View Full Version : Where in California

molle
06-23-2007, 3:25 PM
can I go to a range and rent/test/try/play with a full auto? I know there is a place in Vegas like this, but I'm not visiting there. I would love to try an MP 5, Uzi or whatever ...

The help or info would be greatly appreciated.

jtv3062
06-23-2007, 5:03 PM
I think you would have better luck in Nevada. Las Vegas or Reno.

molle
06-25-2007, 9:32 AM
There has to be somewhere in California similar to the Las Vegas Gun Range....

ibanezfoo
06-25-2007, 9:51 AM
You can wait around for the shooting event in Norco... full autos may or may not be there. This year they weren't.

-Bryan

Technical Ted
06-25-2007, 11:01 AM
There has to be somewhere in California similar to the Las Vegas Gun Range....
No. There isn't.

Even the defunct National Shooting Club of Santa Clara, which had a Class 3 dealer's license and an inventory of rental firearms, never offered full auto firearms for rent.

citizenal
06-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Where in Nevada do they let you rent autos may I ask? I would be intersted in trying that out.
Thanks!

Technical Ted
06-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Where in Nevada do they let you rent autos may I ask? I would be intersted in trying that out.
Thanks!
A couple of places in Vegas, nothing in Reno. Two in Vegas that come to mind are The Gun Store and American Shooters Supply
http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/
http://www.americanshooters.com/
There are a couple of others.

ccwguy
06-26-2007, 7:21 PM
can I go to a range and rent/test/try/play with a full auto? I know there is a place in Vegas like this, but I'm not visiting there. I would love to try an MP 5, Uzi or whatever ...

The help or info would be greatly appreciated.

I doubt you'll ever find full auto stuff in Cali. Try mustangrange.com in Reno. Thay have all the toys.

molle
06-27-2007, 5:00 AM
Guess I have to plan another trip. Thanks for the news on the deal.

MadMex
06-27-2007, 5:30 AM
Another vote for mustang range.

Sampachi
06-27-2007, 9:39 AM
There is the Mustang Range near Reno. They even have a flamethrower and a 20mm Lahti you can rent!
http://mustangrange.com/flash/mu-map.htm

Jicko
06-27-2007, 9:56 AM
You just have to have frds in the military/LE.

jgaffney
06-27-2007, 10:37 AM
I went to the Gun Store in Las Vegas and fired an M-4 carbine on full auto. It's expensive, like everything else in Las Vegas. I paid about $50 all up for one 30-round clip of 5.56 mm. They had a 9 mm, but it was more.

It's an indoor range, and I was shooting at a sillouette target at about 30 yds. It was safe to be in there, because there's one range master for each shooter.

I was squeezing off 3-4 round bursts at the target and having a great time. The range master, however, was encouraging me to just let 'er rip. It didn't take long to figure out that the faster I went through that clip, the more money they made. So, I ignored his advice and just shot the way I wanted to.

They also have Uzis, Thompsons and many other rifles I didn't even look at. I was only interested in the M-4 since I'm still dreaming about building an OLL into my own rifle.

It was fun, but it was over too quick. And, it's not cheap.