PDA

View Full Version : First 25 Today (Skeet)

sidious
08-31-2012, 11:23 PM
Ran my first straight today!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ErZJPFM6io4/UEGo1UbY1_I/AAAAAAAABfo/3KS7FJ8AUag/s640/_MG_6250.JPG

jshoebot
08-31-2012, 11:24 PM
Nice! Congratulations man! I'm still working on mine...

CK_32
09-01-2012, 1:35 AM
Niceim still working on my first 5

Captain Dick
09-01-2012, 6:24 AM
Congratulations Sid!! It was just a matter of time, you've been shooting really well lately. You're contolling the bird and rotating properly, now they'll come more and more often. Good job!!

Mana4real
09-01-2012, 8:52 AM
Great job!! Must be a wonderful feeling.

Legasat
09-01-2012, 9:10 AM
Congrats! I just started shooting skeet, and that goal still looks a long way off to me.

mydogsmonkey
09-01-2012, 9:21 AM
congrats!

BigDogatPlay
09-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Congrats and well done!!!

Was the squad shooting your hat doing it with their eyes closed? Not a lot of evidence there.... :cool2:

BigFatGuy
09-01-2012, 1:30 PM
I'm so jealous... congratulations!

kylemurdoc
09-01-2012, 1:40 PM
Congrats! You must be good.

Go Navy
09-01-2012, 3:09 PM
What gear were you shooting? Shotgun make, type, gauge? Aftermarket choke(s)? Sights?

Great achievement....congrats!

sidious
09-01-2012, 5:20 PM
Congratulations Sid!! It was just a matter of time, you've been shooting really well lately. You're contolling the bird and rotating properly, now they'll come more and more often. Good job!!

First and foremost, I would like to thank my wife for letting me shoot as much as I do. :D

Credit also goes to you and Coach Z for putting out the clinic so we can learn and enjoy this game!

I think everyone can do this if they put in some "work". Apply here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=329160

sidious
09-01-2012, 5:24 PM
What gear were you shooting? Shotgun make, type, gauge? Aftermarket choke(s)? Sights?

Great achievement....congrats!

I was shooting a Beretta 12ga with fixed skeet chokes.

Saying goes, "It's not the arrow, it's the Indian." :43:

If you don't have a shotgun, one will be provided at the clinic.

Khanan
09-01-2012, 5:46 PM
Congrats Sid! I'm very happy for you.

Thefeeder
09-01-2012, 7:06 PM
:party:

WELL DONE!

RayPDA
09-02-2012, 3:08 PM
Congrats! and good meeting you today at Triple B - sorry I didn't get a chance to chat, my buddy wanted to get some more time with the XLR5 he was demoing before he had to go -

beetle
09-02-2012, 3:11 PM
congrats! I would love to be able to shoot 25 straight ... practice (and lots of it) needed for me :)

What's the process for shooting the hat? do you just put it on the ground and let your squad mates blast away?

bjl333
09-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Well done Sid!!! Congrats :party::party::party:

XDshooter
09-03-2012, 10:45 PM
It's always a nice feeling showing up to station 8 with 3 shells to go. :)

tenxby7
09-04-2012, 12:36 AM
Congrats Sid. Good Job! I wish I was there to see you do it.

ham
09-04-2012, 12:45 AM
It's always a nice feeling showing up to station 8 with 3 shells to go. :)

its also heart racing..:D

/still at 24, so close yet so far!

sidious
09-04-2012, 8:02 AM
Well done Sid!!! Congrats :party::party::party:

Thanks Jordan! Forgot to also thank you for putting this clinic together!!

CasperSYTFU
09-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Congrats! Must have been a rush!

Giselle
09-10-2012, 8:09 PM
Congrats Sidious! Wish I was there to blow some holes in your cap!

It's always a pleasure shooting with you and Mrs. Sideous.

See you both soon!

sargenv
09-11-2012, 3:30 PM
The first 50 straight I did was with 2 different guns.. Browning B80 in 12, Rem 870 Wingmaster in 20. :)

GunninIt
09-12-2012, 3:11 PM
Sorry I missed your thread, Sid, as I was out in Yosemite when it happened. A big congrats to you on your first 25 straight. I'm not too far behind you, as I did a 23 and 24 the other night. I've got you and some of our fellow Ziegloids to look up to, as well as Richard and Coach to push me towards it.

You must not have been shooting with too many people, though, since your hat looks to be peppered by only a shotgun or two! Did you buy the hat for that purpose?

For what it's worth, I always figured it's "Scout's Honor" when it comes to 25 straight. No poser should just go purchase their own patch. When you went to get your patch, did they make you sign a sworn affadavit, under penalty of perjury - or removal of shotgun and left testicle? LOL

sidious
09-12-2012, 9:35 PM
Sorry I missed your thread, Sid, as I was out in Yosemite when it happened. A big congrats to you on your first 25 straight. I'm not too far behind you, as I did a 23 and 24 the other night. I've got you and some of our fellow Ziegloids to look up to, as well as Richard and Coach to push me towards it.

You must not have been shooting with too many people, though, since your hat looks to be peppered by only a shotgun or two! Did you buy the hat for that purpose?

For what it's worth, I always figured it's "Scout's Honor" when it comes to 25 straight. No poser should just go purchase their own patch. When you went to get your patch, did they make you sign a sworn affadavit, under penalty of perjury - or removal of shotgun and left testicle? LOL

You're doing great! Keep with it! Glad you weren't affect by the Hanta virus scare at Yosemite.

Truth be told, it was just myself and my buddy that day. We shot 6 rounds together and he basically called it quits. I was still chasing it and decided to try one more round. Straight till high 2, story of my life. Decided to shoot the rest of the box on high 2. After I was done, I told him one more.... he was a good enough sport to pull for me. Finally accomplished it on the eighth try that day. He was the only one to shoot my hat. Luckily he was a bit nervous as I'm still able to wear it! ;) Oh, that hat was the one I was wearing that day.

I thought about it when I got the patch from the office. Even if I didn't get a straight that day, I'm sure they would have given me one, if I asked. Like you say, scout's honor. Don't see a point in it otherwise. Still have both testicle, though my wife would like them removed so that we don't have any more kids. :43:

.300 Weatherby Mag
09-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Congrats!!!! :clap:

Khanan
09-13-2012, 6:06 AM
Still have both testicle, though my wife would like them removed so that we don't have any more kids. :43:

All she has to do is leave them in her purse instead of giving them to you before . . . uhhh . . . You know . . . uhhh . . . Yeah that. :D

Once again, congrats and you better run another one tonight.

GunninIt
09-13-2012, 3:20 PM
You're doing great! Keep with it! Glad you weren't affect by the Hanta virus scare at Yosemite.

Truth be told, it was just myself and my buddy that day. We shot 6 rounds together and he basically called it quits. I was still chasing it and decided to try one more round. Straight till high 2, story of my life. Decided to shoot the rest of the box on high 2. After I was done, I told him one more.... he was a good enough sport to pull for me. Finally accomplished it on the eighth try that day. He was the only one to shoot my hat. Luckily he was a bit nervous as I'm still able to wear it! ;) Oh, that hat was the one I was wearing that day.

I thought about it when I got the patch from the office. Even if I didn't get a straight that day, I'm sure they would have given me one, if I asked. Like you say, scout's honor. Don't see a point in it otherwise. Still have both testicle, though my wife would like them removed so that we don't have any more kids. :43:

HA! Appreciate the support - for shooting and lack of Hanta! We tent camp, so I wasn't really afraid of it - although you'd be surprised by how empty the park was. Rather eerie.

You pushed hard that day, with eight rounds. That's a solid day of practice (unless we're Kim Rhode with 700 rounds of ammo per day!). I look forward to the day I get to have my hat shot/buy a patch. It's a great feat, really. Was out practicing last night, and had a 24 on the first round. Went into the second round, and was on my way until I got to High 3. I called for the bird, heard a noise, moved, and nothing. Turned around to my dad, and he said "oops." Don't know exactly what happened, but it really threw me off. I ended up missing High 3, Low 3, and High 4 before I picked back up and ran the table. Bummed! Called it a night, and went home. Such a concentration oriented game, that when you get off, you're sometimes better just stopping.

Relative to patches, I like that you got an Oak Tree one, since that's where you go your 25. I've seen patches online, and figure those posers I mentioned before can always just order them there, if they choose.

utvtactical
09-13-2012, 4:53 PM
The first twenty five is always the hardest. 50, 75 and 100 will happen quickly if you don't think about it. Just concentrate on getting the next bird.