PDA

View Full Version : Monthly shoot - I did it...can you?

Lazyme
08-31-2012, 9:56 AM
Hello fellow Sacramento shooters!!

I have started putting together a monthly shoot in the Sacramento/Roseville area!!

Next scheduled shoot - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=628801

It wasn't that hard to start - all I had to do was set a time & date and post it on Calguns.net. I want to get some feedback on what you all think about starting you own shoots at your local ranges.

Give it some thought and throw out your ideas!! It looks like there are a bunch of people looking to shoot at the Lincoln Rifle Club off of HWY 65 (Lincoln) or the Gun Range off of Watt Ave (North highlands). Also plenty of people looking to shoot during the week if that's your schedule.

Speak up and set a date!! If you build it they will come!!

Tim

ShootinMedic
08-31-2012, 10:12 AM
It sounds like a fun day out. Where exactly is the Lincoln Rifle Range? Other than in Lincoln...

Coded-Dude
08-31-2012, 10:18 AM
It sounds like a fun day out. Where exactly is the Lincoln Rifle Range? Other than in Lincoln...

https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=1500+California+65,+Lincoln,+CA+95648&hl=en&gl=us&panel=1&fb=1&dirflg=d&geocode=0,38.905228,-121.305596&cid=0,0,11406708679691124692&hq=Lincoln+Rifle+Club&hnear=Lincoln+Rifle+Club&t=h&z=16

NotEnufGarage
08-31-2012, 10:27 AM
Will Lincoln let you reserve a bunch of lanes on a weekend?

akoba
08-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Will Lincoln let you reserve a bunch of lanes on a weekend?

That's what i'm thinking.

BonnieB
08-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Yaayy ! I wanna play ! Is this meant to be a hang-out-and-shoot? Or a competitive shoot? Handguns or long guns?

And, most importantly, will they give us group rates?

Lazyme
08-31-2012, 1:22 PM
Good questions! Keep em coming and I will try to get them all answered as soon as possible. Hopefully I can make it out there this weekend to ask questions and get some shooting in also.

What I do know is that they are closed on a regular basis for member events and shoots. The website is under construction at the moment or else I could relay more information.

If Lincoln doesn't work out does anyone know of another range that might want to host a monthly get together?

ElDub1950
08-31-2012, 1:36 PM
I like my Sac Valley range. No idea about how they can handle groups. No problem with Lincoln either. Never been there so variety is nice. I'll go, but depends on the dates.

bloodhawke83
08-31-2012, 1:54 PM
Sac Valley range +++++++best, up to 1000 yards. Rapid fire only in the special ranges, members only i think or a course.

Rancho.... :puke: too many scum bags, also many stolen firearms and suicides. Wannabe gang bangers and noobs go here.

Spenceville.... always been good for me. Rapid fire ok, don't bring 30/30 mags, several people this year has been arrested.

Gun Range on Watt Ave... new, 25yard indoor. rapid fire ok. Scum bags are around the corner.

ElDub1950
08-31-2012, 2:00 PM
Definitely not Rancho for me.

gunpacker
08-31-2012, 2:12 PM
Hey gang,
I'm from the Shingle Springs area, but, I'm in for Lincoln. PM me with the info, date time, etc.

bloodhawke83
08-31-2012, 2:30 PM
Sep 29th shoot at Spenceville.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=602877

NotEnufGarage
08-31-2012, 4:14 PM
Sac Valley range +++++++best, up to 1000 yards. Rapid fire only in the special ranges, members only i think or a course.

Rancho.... :puke: too many scum bags, also many stolen firearms and suicides. Wannabe gang bangers and noobs go here.

Spenceville.... always been good for me. Rapid fire ok, don't bring 30/30 mags, several people this year has been arrested.

Gun Range on Watt Ave... new, 25yard indoor. rapid fire ok. Scum bags are around the corner.

Were people arrested just for possession of 30 rnd mags or for using them in a BB'd rifle? I have 30's for my Mini-14 that I've had for almost 20 years (pre-ban). Who did the arresting?

bloodhawke83
08-31-2012, 4:19 PM
Were people arrested just for possession of 30 rnd mags or for using them in a BB'd rifle? I have 30's for my Mini-14 that I've had for almost 20 years (pre-ban). Who did the arresting?

post ban, new 30rd mags. i didn't know them, the people arrested were friend of my gun dealer.

NotEnufGarage
08-31-2012, 7:00 PM
post ban, new 30rd mags. i didn't know them, the people arrested were friend of my gun dealer.

I have a friend that shoots his mini14 up there with 30's and hasn't been arrested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lone_Gunman
08-31-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm a big fan of Sac Valley shooting center. The private ranges are available to be reserved by members, I think non members can shoot on the reserved range too, as long as the member that reserved it is there as well. IMHO Sac Valley is the best range in the area, but I've never been to the Lincoln range. How far out does the Lincoln range go, and can we rapid fire?

NotEnufGarage
08-31-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm a big fan of Sac Valley shooting center. The private ranges are available to be reserved by members, I think non members can shoot on the reserved range too, as long as the member that reserved it is there as well. IMHO Sac Valley is the best range in the area, but I've never been to the Lincoln range. How far out does the Lincoln range go, and can we rapid fire?

200 yds, no rapid fire.

spetsnaz
09-13-2012, 3:56 PM
is this on? i would love to come out where ever you guys are going

sharxbyte
09-13-2012, 4:35 PM
I'm in! PM me date and time and I'll try to be available :)

savannah
09-13-2012, 4:39 PM
Lincoln site is very close to me and I am a provisional member. Just joined. The website is up and running now. I would definitely be interested.

General
09-13-2012, 5:05 PM
Sac Valley shooting center, PM me.

Jet Setter
09-13-2012, 6:08 PM
Lincoln is definitely a better option. It is safe, clean, and easy to get to.

XVIga_Rob
09-14-2012, 9:41 AM

I'll vote for Sac Valley too. Went there for the 1st time a week ago.......wish I wouldn't have waited so long.
The Sac Valley "public range" is similar to the Lincoln range, but much better.

Let's get this ink'd!!

spetsnaz
09-14-2012, 9:47 AM
Anyone know how the membership at sac valley works?

XVIga_Rob
09-14-2012, 9:52 AM

Prices are reasonable. I was told (under 60yrs) $150/yr. They will pro-rate ($9/mo I believe). Also, dues can be offset, by performing volunteer work at the site. See the website or give them a call 916-354-9668

BonnieB
09-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Where are we at on this? Do we have a date/place yet?

ElDub1950
09-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Going to Sac Valley tomorrow so I'll ask if we can do this on one of their action ranges. That would be ideal imho.

Will post their answer later. If it's possible we'll see what everyone thinks.

XVIga_Rob
09-14-2012, 8:21 PM

Prices are reasonable. I was told (under 60yrs) $150/yr. They will pro-rate ($9/mo I believe). Also, dues can be offset, by performing volunteer work at the site. See the website or give them a call 916-354-9668

Sorry, forgot. I was told that the membership is a family membership.
Members have discounted prices and kids shoot for free.

cranemech
09-16-2012, 9:05 AM
Sorry, forgot. I was told that the membership is a family membership.
Members have discounted prices and kids shoot for free.

The membership is $150 a year, that entitles you to shoot on the ranges for $3 vs the $14 non-member price.

Use of the "action bays" is contingent on going through an orientation on the bays and has a $5 fee.

All fees are for the day, not hourly.

NRA membership is a mandatory requirement and the club offers a discounted $25 NRA membership

The membership is a "family membership", you, your spouse and your children under 18.

They offer a volunteer program where you provide your labor (10 hours per year) in return for a reduced membership rate, $100 versus $150.

I tell people the story of my first trip there. A buddy of mine, who is a member, and I were in the area coming back from a trip further up the hill. We stopped in so he could introduce me to the club, and as we had been on the road for a while, I headed for the restroom first. After I finished, I came out and told him "I am going to join, they passed my bathroom test". The restroom was very clean, no graffiti, etc. That told me that the membership, range staff, etc. cared about the premises.

I try to shoot my pistol(s) there at least twice a month, anyone that wants to meet there, let me know.

ElDub1950
09-16-2012, 10:46 AM
The membership is $150 a year, that entitles you to shoot on the ranges for $3 vs the $14 non-member price.

Use of the "action bays" is contingent on going through an orientation on the bays and has a $5 fee.

All fees are for the day, not hourly.

NRA membership is a mandatory requirement and the club offers a discounted $25 NRA membership

The membership is a "family membership", you, your spouse and your children under 18.

They offer a volunteer program where you provide your labor (10 hours per year) in return for a reduced membership rate, $100 versus $150.

I tell people the story of my first trip there. A buddy of mine, who is a member, and I were in the area coming back from a trip further up the hill. We stopped in so he could introduce me to the club, and as we had been on the road for a while, I headed for the restroom first. After I finished, I came out and told him "I am going to join, they passed my bathroom test". The restroom was very clean, no graffiti, etc. That told me that the membership, range staff, etc. cared about the premises.

I try to shoot my pistol(s) there at least twice a month, anyone that wants to meet there, let me know.

Also, membership for us 60+ is only $75.

Like cranemech, the first time I went to Sac Valley, I was so impressed, compared to the couple other ranges I had been to, that I bought a membership before I left. I've been going at least twice a month for a couple of years.

ElDub1950
09-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Going to Sac Valley tomorrow so I'll ask if we can do this on one of their action ranges. That would be ideal imho.

Will post their answer later. If it's possible we'll see what everyone thinks.

They were pretty busy yesterday so I didn't try to take their time discussing it. I'll call them this week. Just want to make sure how/when we can get the action range orientation scheduled and if we can get a group discount for non-menbers.

Schutzman
09-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Would love to check out Sac Valley with the group, before getting a membership. Judging from the website, sounds like a cool place to be. Where exactly are they located?

Schutz

NotEnufGarage
09-17-2012, 4:28 PM
Would love to check out Sac Valley with the group, before getting a membership. Judging from the website, sounds like a cool place to be. Where exactly are they located?

Schutz

Just this side of Ione. About 30 miles east/southeast of Sacramento.

ElDub1950
09-17-2012, 4:59 PM

Schutz

Their Contact Us page has map and directions.

They're open to the public every day except Wed & Thu.

foreppin916
09-19-2012, 1:14 AM
for sure sac valley shooting center! they got rifle targets from 100 to 400 yards on steel, handgun from 5-25 yards on steel as well! and you can set up your own "shoot houses" in certian areas!

prop carver
09-19-2012, 4:17 AM
Lincoln works for me.

roushstage2
09-20-2012, 2:07 AM
I can do Sac Valley. Having a membership too, you can bring up to I believe 4 guests with you during member's only days (Wed and Thurs). Seeing the volunteer thing brought up: I've heard that they don't allow the volunteer work to count for a reduction in fees anymore? Maybe if I ever remember to ask one of these times...

cranemech
09-20-2012, 3:43 PM
I can do Sac Valley. Having a membership too, you can bring up to I believe 4 guests with you during member's only days (Wed and Thurs). Seeing the volunteer thing brought up: I've heard that they don't allow the volunteer work to count for a reduction in fees anymore? Maybe if I ever remember to ask one of these times...

I was told the same thing by one of the range staff.

I talked to Larry, the Sac Valley general manager, and he verified that there IS a $50 reduction in your membership fee if you have 10 hours of volunteer time before your renewal.

For the senior members it is 5 hours of volunteer time but I don't know what the membership reduction would be.

BonnieB
09-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Do we have a date and location yet? Someone make a decision !

cranemech
09-23-2012, 1:40 PM
Went shooting at Sac Valley today, always a pleasant experience. I went and observed the military rifle silhouette shoot afterwards, for about an hour or so, pretty interesting stuff.

Doc Archie
09-24-2012, 12:42 PM
There is also the 1st Saturday of the month at Lincoln, they do a 3 Gun competition. Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun. That is a blast! 15$ entry , 5 $ lunch.

marksmandowntown
09-24-2012, 8:30 PM
+1 Sac Valley. Would appreciate a PM if anything comes together.

Lazyme
09-25-2012, 9:55 PM
Ok guys, it looks like there is a lot of interest in this and that makes me smile like his guy ---> :)

It looks like Lincoln & Sac Valley are the best options in the area.

I have been to Lincoln a few times because it is close to me and I have been very impressed with their safety and the range setup. I usually visit during the week if I can get away from the office and it has been great but I have seen it packed on the weekends. They are also closed a lot for special functions, take a look at their calendar on the new web site and you will see what they have to offer and get an idea of when they are available to the public.

Sac Foley shooting center looks like it has many options available, but I am almost ashamed to say that as a lifetime resident of the Sacramento area I have never been. I would love to see what they have to offer...

Who wants to go shoot at the Sac Valley this weekend? Sunday would be great, I have to work Saturday. I am an early bird usually, what time sounds good? They open at 8:00.

Are there any members that know the ropes or are we headed to the public areas? Public = 100, 300 yard rifle, 50 yard pistol, rimfire reactive, or trap. I would surf their web site for more information but its bed time.

Chime in and let me know what you think about shooting at Sac Valley, Sunday AM, Sept 30th. Lets have some fun!

PS...we will be representing Calguns, if you cant be safe and show proper etiquette it would be best if you did not participate. We are looking for everyone to go home with all their pieces & parts. :chris:

littleandres
09-25-2012, 10:06 PM
i'm down for wherever.....

oldsw20
09-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Sundays at Sac Valley gun range is good, there is lots of spaces at that range. Just send an pm or e-mail if y'all want to go shooting there.

Lazyme
09-26-2012, 5:48 AM
I will send a PM to everyone today when I find the time.

bloodhawke83
09-26-2012, 9:33 AM
Sep 29th shoot at Spenceville.

3 more days! :willy_nilly:

Lazyme
09-26-2012, 12:08 PM
I just got to visit Spenceville a few weeks ago and it has been cleaned up a lot since the last time I was out there. I went out early and got a bench fairly easy. They have moved some dirt around and also did a controlled burn (it looks like it was controlled). And for a big bonus there was no little old lady running in between everyone grabbing all the brass.

It sounds like a good time out there but I really really want to see the Sac Valley setup. Looks like we will have 2 sets of folks representing Calguns this weekend!!

bloodhawke83
09-26-2012, 1:06 PM
I just got to visit Spenceville a few weeks ago and it has been cleaned up a lot since the last time I was out there. I went out early and got a bench fairly easy. They have moved some dirt around and also did a controlled burn (it looks like it was controlled). And for a big bonus there was no little old lady running in between everyone grabbing all the brass.

It sounds like a good time out there but I really really want to see the Sac Valley setup. Looks like we will have 2 sets of folks representing Calguns this weekend!!

old man asked me if i was collecting my brass last time i was there. he even helped me find .06 brass i couldn't find. :D

Lazyme
09-26-2012, 5:45 PM
Just sent a PM to all y'all.

Let me know who is in, what time and what you feel like shooting.

I am in, I like 8:00AM and I feel like shoting anything.

Schutzman
09-26-2012, 7:34 PM
I'll be there, unless something pressing comes up. As a new Calguns member, i'm looking forward to meeting you folks and checking out this range. Probably be there 'round 0900.

Thank you,
Schutz

Lazyme
09-26-2012, 9:09 PM
Ok all, it looks like most people either want to shoot some handguns or dont mind shooting some handguns. So...handguns it is.

I have never been to this range, is there a good meeting place?

I will get there @ 8 to see if we can get a group rate or if they would give us a small break because we are Calguns supporters. I might even do something wild and call before Sunday.

See you all soon!

spetsnaz
09-26-2012, 9:11 PM
saturday/sunday no good for me..

pdq_wizzard
09-26-2012, 9:33 PM
Saturday I will be out with my son shooting Trap and some handgun, would love to go out Sunday and do some shooting and meet some other CGers

BigRobb
09-26-2012, 11:48 PM
I would so be down to go to sac valley monthly. But my problem is I work til 4pm every saturday and sunday :(

Would love to meet up with some fellow calgunners!

Lazyme
09-27-2012, 5:11 AM
Looks like a few people are going out Saturday also...lucky. We hope to see you Sunday, try and send me a message if you know you will make it soi can make sure we have enuf elbow room.

It looks like we should have a good group of CGers, remember to invite friends and family so we can spread our little disease and get more people involved with Calguns. Our little home away from home on the internet here has done some good things lately for our 2A rights and deserves as much support as we can give.

See you all soon!!
Tim

BonnieB
09-27-2012, 8:22 AM
Hanguns is fine with me. We could meet up in the parking lot.

You have to go into the shooting area to get to the office on the handgun range and eyes and ears are required there, natch. Safety is wonderful, but it makes it hard to do introductions and chat a bit. So, does someone have a Calguns polo or a bright red truck?

IDEAS: last Sunday of the month for a regular monthly shoot works for me. Maybe we could do a poll to see where to go the next month? Use the mail list to see who wants to go on off-cycle shoots?

XVIga_Rob
09-27-2012, 9:23 AM
If I remember correctly (only been there once), I think that there is a picnic table on the grass between the middle of the parking lot and pond.

9mmepiphany
09-27-2012, 9:56 AM
With a bit more lead time, a member could reserve a private range at SacValley.

On a private range, you can shoot either handguns or rifles...or both...not have to wait for the timed breaks in shooting, bring out drinks and food for a picnic/BBQ and a social gathering.

The big thing is that you wouldn't be subject to the regular crowds on the public side

Lazyme
09-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Reservations would be nice and hopefully we can get a good spot for a monthly shoot once I talk with the staff. This is a last minute lets stop talking and do it kinda thing...

People will be arriving at different times so maybe the early birds can meet at the picnic table at 8:00 and we can inform the staff that Calguns has a group and they can point the others in the right direction?

I am working on getting a CG polo and other little swag items but I don't have them yet. If anyone else has a CG shirt it would probably be a good idea to wear it so we can be identified.

9mmepiphany
09-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Post up plans for future get togethers. I'm out of town teaching this weekend, but would like to meet some of the local Calgunners.

SacValley has been accommodating in the past. We had a local Calguns women meet-n-shoot a while back, but they changed the rules about who uses the Action Bays

oldsw20
09-27-2012, 9:50 PM
ill be there around 8.30 9am. will be shooting rifles and pistols.

BonnieB
09-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Meeting at the picnic table is a good idea. And telling the office folks where to look for us is good too. Latecomers like me will have to take their chances with getting a lane that's close....

bloodhawke83
09-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Wont be able to make it, maybe the next one.

Ironballsmkinzy
09-29-2012, 8:01 AM
Lincoln, count me in

Schutzman
09-29-2012, 4:32 PM
Wanna apologize to the folks organizing the get togeather, not going to make it. As I already explained to Lazyme in pm, i've got spine surgery coming up, with the no sleep and excruciating pain, I really need to just keep myself at home.

Hoping to do a meet after surgery and recovery,
Schutz

Lazyme
09-29-2012, 7:32 PM
Good luck, take it easy and follow the doctors orders so we can see you at the next one!

cranemech
09-29-2012, 8:58 PM
Planning on being there about 0900.

Lazyme
09-30-2012, 5:04 AM
Great! See you all in a few hours!

Lazyme
09-30-2012, 5:42 AM
All packed up with nowhere to go...
I decided to put all the handguns in the lockable transport vessel. This should be a fun day.

Got an AK to test fire also. This should be an amazing day!

NotEnufGarage
09-30-2012, 6:09 AM
All packed up with nowhere to go...
I decided to put all the handguns in the lockable transport vessel. This should be a fun day.

Got an AK to test fire also. This should be an amazing day!

I'm cleaning everything before I head out in a couple hours...

G17, G26, G30 and MP-25 done. Now for the 1911's.

See ya there. I'll probably bring my new 16" 6.8SPC upper and EOTech 517 to break them in.

WReyth
09-30-2012, 6:28 AM
Reserved an AP bay at Sac Valley and met with ohnozombeez for a half day of carbine drills. We're planning on another one in November. If anyone's interested, please PM

Lazyme
09-30-2012, 8:09 AM
I am here at the tables by the pond. Ill wait a few more min then Im going to shoot something. I have a big american flag on my chest if the tables are empty and anyone needs to track me down.

ElDub1950
09-30-2012, 1:46 PM
How did the group meet go? Everyone have a good time??

How many people showed up? Curious if there was any difficulty accommodating a large group.

9mmepiphany
09-30-2012, 1:54 PM
Reserved an AP bay at Sac Valley and met with ohnozombeez for a half day of carbine drills. We're planning on another one in November. If anyone's interested, please PM
Remember that you have to attend their orientation for the Action Bays before you can use them

Lazyme
09-30-2012, 3:35 PM
Just got back and I had a blast... :D

I will write more later but I got a wife and puppies requiring my attention!

Tim

Lazyme
09-30-2012, 5:14 PM
Ok, puppies are passed out and wife is watching Sex And The City.

It was fun meeting everyone and I had a great time! So far every person i have meet thru Calguns has been good people and I look forward to seeing more of you next month!! The Sac Valley Shooting Center is impressive and I had to sign up for a membership. I will definitely by going back at least once a month.

I think a few of us wanted to do the last Saturday of the month as a regular thing so Saturday October 27th is our next scheduled meet at the Sac Valley shooting center. Hope to see everyone out there again and I hope to meet even more of you as well.

I talked to Mike, he lives on the property and works 7 days a week on keeping this place up and running. He said the way we did it today is probably the best way to meet up for now. Saturdays usually get pretty crazy and Sundays are a little better but still a lot of people. I thought there was plenty of room today and when I got there at 8 there was almost nobody else there. Easy pickings on spots when the place looks abandoned.

9mmepiphany is correct, you do have to attend a safety orientation before using the action bays. I believe you have to have a certified NRA instructor with your team also, I need to review the rules one more time because I learned a lot of things talking to Mike and there are different rules depending on what you are doing and who you are doing it with. It would probably be a good idea if a few people took some training courses, I know I will be looking into it for myself because it definitely gives us more options.

What about the people who can't shoot on the scheduled date, or who want to shoot some place different? Let us know about it and we can we can all try and meet up! (Does anybody know how the Lincoln shoot went? I'll have to check on that thread here in a minute.) The point of these meetings is to spread the Calguns name and get more people logging on and signing up so the more the merrier!

If anyone else is interested in putting in some leg work on coordinating some events contact pennys dad and he can get you involved with the C3 group. C3 is doing good things to help us Californians keep our 2A rights so the least we can do for them is tell people about Calguns when we go out and shoot. I am waiting to find out about getting some Calguns swag and it looks like we can get banners made to cross promote Calguns and the facility hosting the event.

Wow...I typed way too much. It was a great time today and I hope we can shoot again soon!
Tim

cranemech
09-30-2012, 5:46 PM
It was good to meet more fellow CG'rs. I agree with Lazyme on the "good people" comment. Looking forward to more shoots!

Fishwrestler
09-30-2012, 5:56 PM
I believe it was Sac Valley where i attended a shoot and we used the pond area for a little gathering and BBQ after the shoot.

Lazyme
09-30-2012, 6:18 PM
The BBQ area was being used by Sac State Veterans Center for a delicious fundraiser today and it is a nice little area for a gathering. I will see if it is available for next time.

oldsw20
09-30-2012, 7:19 PM
I got there at 9am but I didn't know where you all was at so I just started shooting on my own, maybe next time.

General
09-30-2012, 8:23 PM
Just started getting Sunday's off. Now it's on Saturday. Dang!

http://www.facebook.com/ConcealedCarryWeapon

XVIga_Rob
09-30-2012, 8:33 PM
It was good to meet more fellow CG'rs. I agree with Lazyme on the "good people" comment. Looking forward to more shoots!

2nd that!

I arrived about 8:45. By about 9 or so, we had a group of 5 in the middle of the pistol range. There was a sign (big piece of paper with a calguns sticker on it) on the pole. We shot a variety of calibers and had some good times. Later, a few of us moved down the line, to the Rifle range (1st & 2nd tables). There we met another calgunner and again shot a variety of calibers, and again had some good times.

It was a good day of shooting. Thanks for putting this together Lazyme!

Lazyme
09-30-2012, 9:36 PM
I was thinking of making a sign that is a little bigger than a sticker and hanging it up. I have a drafting plotter at work so I can make something pretty visible.

Also working on getting Calguns polo shirt, is there any interest in these? Should I see about getting a few more?

General - let us know when you want to go out and we can make a day of it. It looks like plenty of people are in the area who want to shoot.

10xhobby
09-30-2012, 9:42 PM

I just read about the new monthly shoot and I would be interested in joining you for the next one. Please let me know when and where. I have been shooting the Cal Guns rimfire monthly matches and have had a great time. I also try to get out to the new indoor range off of Watt Ave and Orange Grove in Sacto as much as possible. Anyone care to try it out ??

sharxbyte
09-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Was great to see some of you guys out there! I'll try to make it out next month as well!

The shirt would be interesting, but I think patches may be another feasible option. by the way, Sundays work best for me, closely followed by mondays.

Lazyme
10-01-2012, 5:01 AM
10xhobby - There is a Calguns rimfire shoot? Where & when is this? I love me some rimfire!

I would also like to check out the Watt Ave range. Let us know when you go and whoever is available can track you down.

Sharxbyte - I am looking into patches also. Stay tuned. And if Saturday is too crazy at the range we might have to stick with Sundays. We will see how it plays out. Also...let us know when you shoot and turn it into a Calguns get together!

10xhobby
10-01-2012, 8:17 AM
Go to Rimfire Firearms in the forum and look for September match. We have a new match each month.

savannah
10-01-2012, 8:41 AM
Lazyme, could you link the Lincoln meetup on this thread. I can't find it by using search.

Lazyme
10-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Looks like I meant to say Spenceville shoot, sorry.

3 more days! :willy_nilly:

BigRobb
10-01-2012, 11:15 AM
I just read about the new monthly shoot and I would be interested in joining you for the next one. Please let me know when and where. I have been shooting the Cal Guns rimfire monthly matches and have had a great time. I also try to get out to the new indoor range off of Watt Ave and Orange Grove in Sacto as much as possible. Anyone care to try it out ??

Going there at about 6pm tonight! I'm there so much I am surprised I don't have my own parking spot yet haha

10xhobby
10-01-2012, 5:01 PM
I can't make it tonight booo!!!!! What will you be shooting bigrob

Rigma
10-04-2012, 1:06 AM
I would be interested in a monthly Calguns shoot on one of the private ranges. (I have taken all the required safety classes.) I am out there once a month for a group shoot on a private range, and would love the excuse for a second trip.

Please PM me with info. Thanks!

BonnieB
10-05-2012, 1:21 PM
So, we're settled on the last Sunday of each month? Location to be discussed announced each month? Yes?

Lazyme
10-05-2012, 3:12 PM
I think we landed on Saturday for the next trip to see if we could get some more people out. A lot of people are committed to religion or Football on Sundays so maybe Saturday will be a little better??

I just printed a large Calguns logo at work and it should make us more visible to our own members and to people interested in joining.

Also, I am thinking about printing rim fire targets so some of us can participate in the monthly rim fire match located here...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=626762

And remember, if you are going out shooting let us know and we can turn it into a Calguns event!

Is there anyone who can go shooting at the Gun Room in Sacramento off of Watt Ave tonight?

roushstage2
10-07-2012, 11:44 PM
I may be able to attend the morning Sac Valley trip on the 27th. Depends how hard I party that Friday night (friend's B-Day celebration and Halloween party that night) ;)

I am generally only able to make it out there during the week otherwise. Perhaps others in the same boat want to try and set something up?

Lazyme
10-08-2012, 5:34 AM
Drink extra water that night, eat a big greasy breakfast in the morning and you will be ready to shoot! Hope to see you there!!

There are a few people who would like to shoot during the week, can anyone take a few hours a month and put together a weekday shoot somehow? We can get you some Calguns swag and you get to meet a ton of great people.

Also, I started a new thread for October...
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=628801

roushstage2
10-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I can probably organize a weekday shooting event, but not quite yet. Maybe we could get a poll going on whether AM or PM would work better during the week?

Mullins
10-11-2012, 3:12 PM
I will be going to The Gun Range off Watt this Saturday around 1:30pm to put a hundred rounds or so threw my new AR, might take my little brother and see if I can get him into my addiction.

(Off topic)
Anyone know where I could get some of the calguns promotional items over the counter? If there isn't any place to do so I will be buying threw the forum.

Lazyme
10-12-2012, 11:37 AM
I am in the process of grabbing some Calguns promotional items but you prob should just head to the CG store for now.

And good for little bro! I am going to try & drag my family to the gun range tonight, good thing they are open late!

BonnieB
10-12-2012, 2:23 PM
Their Contact Us page has map and directions.

They're open to the public every day except Wed & Thu.

On the directions to Sac Valley, they say to use the directions and not to do GPS.

They're right Do not turn off Jackson Highway onto Dillard (to reach Meisse Road) unless you want to do a little four-wheeling before you shoot.

From Sacramento, go east on Jackson Highway to Ione Road to Meisse road if like the undercarriage of your car.

Here's a link to the directions.

http://www.sacvalley.org/contact.html

BonnieB
10-12-2012, 2:27 PM
I will be going to The Gun Range off Watt this Saturday around 1:30pm to put a hundred rounds or so threw my new AR, might take my little brother and see if I can get him into my addiction.

(Off topic)
Anyone know where I could get some of the calguns promotional items over the counter? If there isn't any place to do so I will be buying threw the forum.

There will be Calguns paraphernalia to BUY at the Sacramento Gun Show Nov 10 and 11. But don't wait until 3 pm Sunday to do it. We'll also have some small giveaways

At shoots, we'll have some small gimme's and maybe raffle off a shirt or two. We're still talking it over.

But come out on Oct 27! Bring the little bro ! Look at the Sac Valley Shooting site for info on bringing kids. It's a family-oriented place so it should be ok.

BonnieB
10-12-2012, 2:30 PM
SACRAMENTO MONTHLY SHOOTS:

I'd like to encourage everyone to wear their CGN T shirts, hats, whatever to the monthly shoots. It'll help us to find each other. If you don't have one, ask for a sticker to put on your shirt.

When you come to the CGN booth in November at the Sacramento Gun Show, you can buy a CGN shirt. Or you can always order one from our official CGN seller at

http://gunsr4.us/

Personally, I'll be wearing my new pink camo CGN hat. (I know, "pink camo", but it's such a goof on real camo I had to do it).

Lazyme
10-12-2012, 4:40 PM
Thanks Bonnie!

We wont be hard to find this time...made sure of that. This thing is almost 2'x2' and I can print them all day long.

http://imageshack.us/a/img29/5115/015tx.jpg

I think I should have a bunch of stickers to hand out at the shoot also. I want to get some "swag" to hand out for winning a competition we might have or say hitting a bulls eye @ 100 yards with irons. There seems to be a small back order on a lot of the items but I will get them eventually.

Mullins
10-14-2012, 5:45 PM
Thanks for all the info about the cal guns shoot but I can't make it on the 27th :( (wish I could) guess I will have to wait until the Sac gun show to see everyone.

I have got to say The Gun Range off Watt is a great range and I have made it my goal to go twice a month. I will take some pics during/after my next visit.

Lazyme
10-14-2012, 9:17 PM
Nice! I have been twice now, it is down Watt ave about 20 min from me.

I have only made it on the weekends so far and there was a wait both times. It actually cleared out about 7:00 with plenty of open space.

Do you have a set schedule that you go? Maybe a few of us could get together some time.

Mullins
10-15-2012, 8:29 AM
No set schedule but I Plan to go again soon!

If anyone does have a regular shooting schedule/time at The Gun Range I wouldn't mind trying to make it.

Phoy94
10-18-2012, 8:52 PM
Just join the forum today,Hello everyone ..

gunace89
10-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Just join the forum today,Hello everyone ..

Welcome!

I definetly would like to join in on the monthly shoots, and I plan on getting CGN paraphenalia at the gunshow in Nov. I live about 5 min away from The Gun Range, so I can help assist with getting something going over there if needed.

ElDub1950
10-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Welcome!

I definetly would like to join in on the monthly shoots, and I plan on getting CGN paraphenalia at the gunshow in Nov. I live about 5 min away from The Gun Range, so I can help assist with getting something going over there if needed.

See the thread for our October shoot coming up next weekend!

Lazyme
10-19-2012, 5:15 AM
Welcome Phoy94 & thanks for stopping by gunace89!!

We hope you can both joint us on the 27th, I will add you to my PM list and send you some info in the next few days.

Gunace - the Gun Range has been packed both times I showed up. Once dinner time passed and it got a little later it cleared out pretty good, maybe about 7ish. Have you noticed a time when there wasnt a wait? That would be the best time to organize a shoot and it is easy to do, just pick a time and date then let everyone here know about it. If you build it they will come. PM me if you want to help out, we would love to set something up at The Gun Range!!

savannah
10-19-2012, 7:26 AM
I hope you plan on adding Linoln Dillman range to the meetup schedule. I have been out to the Sacramento range and it is GREAT, but over an hour drive from the Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln area.

ElDub1950
10-19-2012, 8:41 AM

We hope you can both joint us on the 27th, I will add you to my PM list and send you some info in the next few days.

Gunace - the Gun Range has been packed both times I showed up. Once dinner time passed and it got a little later it cleared out pretty good, maybe about 7ish. Have you noticed a time when there wasnt a wait? That would be the best time to organize a shoot and it is easy to do, just pick a time and date then let everyone here know about it. If you build it they will come. PM me if you want to help out, we would love to set something up at The Gun Range!!

I was there on Columbus Day and last Saturday both at about 9am and there was no waiting. Started filling up about 11am.

lewdogg21
10-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Hey guys,

In case I don't find this in the future if there is a range shoot at Lincoln on the weekends in the future please pm me to let me know as I'd like to come. With deer season wrapping up I've got more weekend availability. I was practically born with a gun in my hand and have been hunting for 20+ years. I'd love to be able to try other guns out and return the favor with what I have.

BonnieB
10-19-2012, 2:09 PM
UPDATE on the Sacramento Monthly Shoots.

This thing is taking off like a rocket, and evolves every other day.

Originally, we thought it would be simpler to just have it at one range all the time. However, apparently we need to rotate the shoot to other ranges, due to geography and distance. It will be the last weekend of each month until further notice.

We're collecting the handles and locations of Sacramento area CGN'ers, to try to figure out how far people would actually drive. Maybe a 20 mile one way trip? Tell me what you think here, but PM me or Lazyme with your handle, first name and general location to get on the mail-list for events. We'll keep your info confidential, I promise.

Currently, we're considering the following:

Sac Valley in Ione,
Lincoln,
Yolo Sportsmens Assn in Davis
The Gun Range (maybe for evening shoots).

Since everyone is hungry after shooting, each month we think we'll have a casual, self-pay lunch meetup after the shoot, maybe pizza or mexican. Maybe sometime we'll barbecue at the range. But food!

We're working with the other C3's to get goodies for door prizes and raffles at the monthly shoot ( "first 10 to sign in get a Calguns patch" or something like that). There are some budget considerations to this but we're working on it.

It also seems that we might have one 'official' Sacramento Monthly Shoot, but also some more casual shoots, like "the Wednesday Night Club", or the " Geezer Breakfast Shoot", "Calguns-the Next Generation", for the young shooters, or whatever. Anyone interested in this idea? People have weird schedules and can't always shoot on weekend mornings. YOU tell ME what you'd like for casual shoots, if any. (You run 'em, we'll announce 'em).

Are people interested in non-shooting events, like meet-up for a barbecue, or lunch or coffee and talk guns? Swap meet parties?

So let me or Lazyme know what you want. If you like other ranges, tell us. If you can help us out, even once, tell us.

Step up and speak out!

gunace89
10-19-2012, 2:30 PM
See the thread for our October shoot coming up next weekend!

Thank you for the link!

I typically go during the weekdays, in the afternoon so its dead typically. On the weekends the best time to show up would be before 1030 hrs. Around 1100 the place begins to fill up, and by 1300 hrs dont even try.

roushstage2
10-19-2012, 3:02 PM
I generally always have to try and do these events as close to home as I can due to my work schedule and my family obligations. I can generally get to the range any Thursday if we want to get a weekday event going. Both of us off that day, so I can be absent for longer times. As for me making it to lunch after this upcoming shoot, it depends when we finish up at Sac Valley. I'll have to leave regardless at about 1PM as I have to go home and unload everything, get changed and get to work. :)

Lazyme
10-19-2012, 3:45 PM
Hey all!
I am glad to see we are gaining some steam here, it seems that Sacramento has a lot of people who want to gather we just need to get more organized and spread the word.

Bonnie and myself are getting pretty mixed in with the C3 (Calguns Community Chapters) group and finding out how everything runs at the moment. Every month should be better than the last as we get more in line with the way things run, this is only the second event and it is already made some great improvements from last month.

It is easy for either Bonnie or myself to help out and point you in the right direction if you feel like starting your own shoots, just send us a PM and we can get you involved. Here is a quick description of what it takes...

Step one...Pick a location.
Step two...pick a date and time.
Step three...post it on Calguns!
Let the fun begin!

We are here to help so if you have any ideas or just want to help at one of the events let us know!

10xhobby
10-22-2012, 8:40 AM
I have been going to THE GUN RANGE on Monday or Tuesday after 5:00 and it is not busy. Great time to get together for a meet and to shoot rimfire match targets. We could probably get our own 5 lanes.