PDA

View Full Version : The VersaMax tactical is a MONSTER

TheHammerOfTruth
08-30-2012, 11:19 PM
For those of you who have been wondering about this new tactical shotgun from Remington, wonder no more....She is a MONSTER. Super fast and so soft shooting its hard to believe. Although with a 22" barrel you may consider her a competition gun, she handles beautifully in a tactical atmosphere. Transitioning from target to target is quick and easy, and once you are on target you can empty the 9 shot tube in no time. Definitely worth the money. If your thinking of getting a Benelli M4 or an M2 for competition, take a look at this gun before you buy. It shoots softer than the M4 and is 500.00 less. Thats alot of ammo.

ROCKETW19
08-30-2012, 11:30 PM
umm most important part pictures????

SgtJT27
08-31-2012, 8:26 AM
Thanks, been debating between the M2 and Versamax.
I like the M2's lightweight, how's it compare to the Versamax?
I know it's different system as the M2 is a recoil operated and Versamax is gas,
But I'm more concerned with the weight. Is it as light as the M2?

Mesa Tactical
08-31-2012, 8:35 AM
Versamax is very similar to a Benelli M4, which among other things means it weighs more than the Benelli M2 (especially with a 22 inch barrel). We have been trying to get our hands on an 18 inch barrel for a long time.

We have first articles of an Urbino stock for the Versamax, and are about to begin tooling for a modular forend. Once 18 inch barrel versions of the Versamax become generally available, I am pretty sure this platform will give the Benelli M4 a real run for its money. Maybe even the Benelli M2.

No 922r crap to worry about either.

epilepticninja
08-31-2012, 12:19 PM
umm most important part pictures????

lol. That is what I was thinking. I don't give an RFA about specs. I want to see what it looks like.

epilepticninja
08-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Ok, I checked out the pics. I don't like the rib thing on top of the barrel. Looks like it was meant to hunt ducks.

Speedpower
08-31-2012, 2:26 PM
For those of you who have been wondering about this new tactical shotgun from Remington, wonder no more....She is a MONSTER. Super fast and so soft shooting its hard to believe. Although with a 22" barrel you may consider her a competition gun, she handles beautifully in a tactical atmosphere. Transitioning from target to target is quick and easy, and once you are on target you can empty the 9 shot tube in no time. Definitely worth the money. If your thinking of getting a Benelli M4 or an M2 for competition, take a look at this gun before you buy. It shoots softer than the M4 and is 500.00 less. Thats alot of ammo.

Very True! I got one since April and I'm loving it!

SuperSet
08-31-2012, 2:28 PM
I approve of this message. :)

TheHammerOfTruth
08-31-2012, 9:29 PM
Yes, it is heavier than the M2 but it shoots much softer. The rib along with the interchangable comb system make it perfect. The gun comes with 2 different comb pieces. The higher one fit me better and once installed the pattern is almost 50/50 with the IC choke installed. Oversized charging handle, bolt release and safety button are also included. The magazine extension tube and clamp are from Nordic Components. The gun is ready to rock outta the box.