PDA

View Full Version : Breaching shotgun??

Quickdraw Mcgraw
08-30-2012, 1:16 PM
I'm getting one as I thought it might be fun and usful...I know the principals and have seen it performed plenty of times question is what is the best suited gun to this task?? I'm looking at the Blackwater cruiser with the breacher barell an I'm wondering what the compitition is?

ps my gunsmith has one Mossberg VangComp special left at the $595 intro price. Out near Santa Rosa.

land locked
08-31-2012, 9:57 PM
For me shooting a PG only shotgun is no fun its a pain in the hand after a while. Now for the breaching barrel I bought the Mossberg Thunder Ranch. The barrel is heavier than standard but the shotgun has a short LOP. I liked the look of the breacher barrel but wanted a traditional style stock. Much easier for me to use. I eventually changed out the stock and foregrip for a hogue set. As far as other manufactures for that type of barrel? I think mossberg is the only game in town.

BigFatGuy
08-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Useful? How many doors are you planning to breech? ;-)

jyo
09-01-2012, 11:19 AM
One of my shooting buddies put a breeching barrel device on his custom 870---it was huge and completely changed the feel and look of the shotgun---he later admitted that it was a stupid move and he didn't like the gun as much with this thing installed---and like a previous poster said, how many doors you gonna blast open?

P5Ret
09-01-2012, 5:05 PM
The other thing that most people neglect is that there are special rounds for breaching doors. I have seen (in person) quite a few doors breached with a shot gun and not a single one had any special device on the muzzle. It is marketing pure and simple just like tactical, add something to make it look cool or tactical and add on a hundred bucks, laugh all the way to the bank with the profit.