PDA

View Full Version : WTS bolt carrier group

eric the red
08-30-2012, 8:39 AM
Roseville ca. 95678, local only, will not ship, pay in cash.

BCM bolt carrier for your AR15, M16, or M4. Parkerized exterior and chrome lined inside carrier, complete with bolt assembly, firing pit, and gas key.
It does not have the BCM logo on the carrier.
asking $130.

mydogsmonkey
08-30-2012, 9:01 AM
are you sure that's BCM? Do you have a receipt for that?
I don't remember them doing that kind of a finish on the outside, and they definitely stake their gas keys.

Sugacookie
08-30-2012, 9:33 AM
are you sure that's BCM? Do you have a receipt for that?
I don't remember them doing that kind of a finish on the outside, and they definitely stake their gas keys.

+1 to that. Even looks like the rear screw is partially out.

warbunker
08-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Last time I checked every BCM I had has their logo on the outside.:confused:

eric the red
08-30-2012, 11:43 AM
@ Mydogsmonkey/Sugacookie, I could be wrong, I do not have a recipe for the bolt carrier. It was in my AR that I purchased. And yes the screw WAS partially out when I took this pic. I apologize, I am not an expert on firearms or the brands for parts that go along with it. This is my very first rifle. I should probably take the carrier to a gunsmith or a gun store to verify the make and model of it. OR, if anyone knows exactly the manufacturer of this carrier.

@ Warbunker, I have seen that BCM's Stripped Bolt Carrier (Auto) for an AR15, M16, or M4. Parkerized exterior and chrome lined inside carrier does not have BCM logo on the carrier. Excuse me if I'm wrong, like I said I'm new to this.

http://http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Bolt-Carrier-Auto-M16-p/bcm%20carrier%20stripped.htm

Thanks for the heads up.

mydogsmonkey
08-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Last time I checked every BCM I had has their logo on the outside.:confused:

actually BCM's earlier ones do not have their logo on the bolt carrier, their cage code marked ones also don't have the logo.

@ Mydogsmonkey/Sugacookie, I could be wrong, I do not have a recipe for the bolt carrier. It was in my AR that I purchased. And yes the screw WAS partially out when I took this pic. I apologize, I am not an expert on firearms or the brands for parts that go along with it. This is my very first rifle. I should probably take the carrier to a gunsmith or a gun store to verify the make and model of it. OR, if anyone knows exactly the manufacturer of this carrier.

Thanks for the heads up.

Did you buy the gun from a private party? The BCM bolt should be marked HP MP in a sort of laser etching. The carrier's machining and chrome like appearance makes me think it may be a Rock river or something. Other gunsmiths won't be able to tell unless they know exactly what they're looking for.

Rattlesnake6.8
08-30-2012, 1:00 PM
Stop giving the guy a hard time.. For general purpose use, they all do the same job, which is BOOM when you pull the trigger.