PDA

View Full Version : Glock Trigger Question= Connector/Springs Etc

INFAMOUS762X39
08-29-2012, 9:11 PM
Have you guys replace any Springs or Connectors to enhance the trigger pull/break/reset to your personal liking?
Or do you just like it stock?

I am new to the Glocks, I picked up my G19 two weeks ago, 200rds in. I really can't/won't say much about the stock trigger. I wanted to stay on budget, so this is what I have done so far.

-I've done the .25 cent job. Made it a tad more crisp but eh.
-Since I had Ebay funds, I randomly bought a Ghost 3.5LB Ultimate Connector also came with= 6.0 Trigger Spring, 4.0LB Firing spring, Reduced power firing pin safety plunger spring. Got package after work today, tinkering with it at the moment.

So Far I installed the 3.5 Ultimate Connector and 6.0 Trigger Spring, so far I like it, I noticed the difference immediately. It's nice at the moment but need range time to have an input/trust it.

I don't think I will install the 4.0LB Firing Spring nor the Reduced Plunger Spring. It was included with the spring kit. What's your opinion?

Just bought more ammo for the weekend, Can't wait to test it out.

Any Experiences/Tips/Advice is Greatly Appreciated

DFence
08-29-2012, 9:15 PM
Don't change the springs. Leave it with what you have done and it will be reliable with a improvement.

kiloechovictor
08-29-2012, 10:12 PM
I second that, leave the springs be.

When you install the connector, dry fire a few times and check that the trigger resets properly. I'm not sure about 3rd gen's, but my Gen4 wouldn't reset about 20% of the time with a 4.5# Ranger in it.

Mr.1904
08-30-2012, 12:14 AM
All i usually do is change out the connector.

HighLander51
08-30-2012, 5:48 AM
Learn how to shoot by starting with the fundamentals: stance, grip, sight picture and trigger control. Then it won't matter what connector or springs you have. The 3.5lb connector may, or may not, make a noticeable difference, it usually helps a little. Reduced power striker springs end up with light primer strikes. OEM is 5lbs, it works. Get rid of the junk OEM sights and go with Dawson Precision or Heine and Trijicon for defense. If you really want a good trigger, the GlockWorx goes for $250.

http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/gallery/image35447.jpg