PDA

View Full Version : Burro Canyon tomorrow

JOEKILLA
06-22-2007, 6:50 AM
So who's going to be at Burro tomorrow?

Public or private?

wildcard
06-22-2007, 7:11 AM
I'm pretty much there every Saturday at the public range. It's a pistol day for me tomorrow though from 9:00 to about noon. Then it's off to "A Place to Shoot" to shoot some more!

hoozaru
06-22-2007, 7:36 AM
sunday, public rifle range, the table between gangsters and children :dots:
Those in the pistol range above, pls stop firing at us, thank you :dots:

wildcard
06-22-2007, 7:45 AM
sunday, public rifle range, the table between gangsters and children :dots:
Those in the pistol range above, pls stop firing at us, thank you :dots:

I actually think the pistol range is significantly in front of the rifle firing line. That's one of the reasons why they don't allow steel on the rifle range.. they were finding all kind of rocochets on top of the pistol range cover. Somebody must be doing something real negligent to be hitting the rifle range.. shoooting far to the left and arc that bullet next to straight up ought to do it..

Budd
06-22-2007, 7:56 AM
Last time there at the pistol range a guy was showing his wife/gf how to handle his semi auto handgun - he had an accidental discharge up and to the left - shot right threw the wood overhang above.

Look for it there - almost right in the middle of the range. Needless to say I packed up - told the RO and left.:eek:

jumbopanda
06-22-2007, 8:57 AM
I might be there...look for someone with an AK pistol. :)

wildcard
06-22-2007, 11:48 AM
One of the best reasons to go to Burro USED to be the drive. But in the last few weeks.. I've seen cops along with an increase in motorcycle riders. I don't mind sharing the road but they attract cops! I guess they've been cracking down on Angeles Highway hard and displacing everyone.

What I HATE is when you got people driving 30 MPH with a train of 8 people behind them or when people just don't pull over. If you're going to drive slow.. pull over and let people pass!

Budd
06-22-2007, 11:53 AM
One of the best reasons to go to Burro USED to be the drive. But in the last few weeks.. I've seen cops along with an increase in motorcycle riders. I don't mind sharing the road but they attract cops! I guess they've been cracking down on Angeles Highway hard and displacing everyone.

What I HATE is when you got people driving 30 MPH with a train of 8 people behind them or when people just don't pull over. If you're going to drive slow.. pull over and let people pass!

Motorcycles and bicyclists slow it way down. Even though Angeles is farther away for me - it is a shorter commute time.

wildcard
06-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Motorcycles and bicyclists slow it way down. Even though Angeles is farther away for me - it is a shorter commute time.

Really? Motorcycles are usually the only other people pushing 60+MPH.. unless you're talking about the Harley guys.. yeah.. they're bad too.

Budd
06-22-2007, 12:06 PM
pfffft - 60.:sleeping: j/k

The motorcycle's attract the police - everyone slows down - congested the whole way.

Bicyclists hog the road and act like a car going down hill - just a bummer of a fun road to drive on......

proraptor
06-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Go to angeles....Its way better...

hoozaru
06-22-2007, 9:42 PM
Heard good things about Angeles, but is that place OLL and bumpfiring friendly???

Budd
06-23-2007, 6:37 AM
Heard good things about Angeles, but is that place OLL and bumpfiring friendly???

OLL - yes.

Bumpfiring - No.

scrat
06-23-2007, 7:27 AM
Angeles is a way better and safer range. Way better. A lot more controlled. You dont have to worry about going to the range and getting shot on accident.

anotherted
06-23-2007, 3:16 PM
Go to angeles....Its way better...
Yup. I was there today. Night and day difference from burro. Cool people and i diddnt get shot at...not even once.

those 300 yd piggies and squares were TOAST thanks to my AR:43:

Ted

JOEKILLA
06-24-2007, 7:32 AM
I've never experienced the public range in Burro. I've always rented a private range like yesterday.

I had the E2 area and it went as far as 100+ yards. It was perfect to play with my new scope on my M1a.

:gunsmilie:

proraptor
06-24-2007, 8:31 AM
a tac range over 100 yards at burro? Never seen one that far and Ive been to a bunch of them

JOEKILLA
06-24-2007, 8:40 AM
a tac range over 100 yards at burro? Never seen one that far and Ive been to a bunch of them

This was a new to me as well. It's located on the other side of Burro, there is an E1 and an E2 there.

Sheldon
06-24-2007, 10:10 PM
The E1 and E2 ranges are huge. You see law enforcement using those a lot for their training. Weekday use of the public line is fine. I go on Fridays generally and have seen it pretty slow going there with the old "usual" crowd from the San Gabriel Valley Gun Club shooting the public pistol range. I have had very good luck getting to use the private ranges on Fridays. I really like range E6 all the way in the back as it has a nice overhang shelter from the sun, which makes it so much nicer to shoot from.

Last time there the guy in the shack mentioned they were making the rifle range a minimum 100 yard range due to damage to peoples target frames. I like to shoot my rimfires at 50 yards so I guess I have to use the larger private ranges for now.

wildcard
06-25-2007, 7:52 AM
The E1 and E2 ranges are huge. You see law enforcement using those a lot for their training. Weekday use of the public line is fine. I go on Fridays generally and have seen it pretty slow going there with the old "usual" crowd from the San Gabriel Valley Gun Club shooting the public pistol range. I have had very good luck getting to use the private ranges on Fridays. I really like range E6 all the way in the back as it has a nice overhang shelter from the sun, which makes it so much nicer to shoot from.

Last time there the guy in the shack mentioned they were making the rifle range a minimum 100 yard range due to damage to peoples target frames. I like to shoot my rimfires at 50 yards so I guess I have to use the larger private ranges for now.

So far the new rule change is that ground targets have to be at a minimum of 100 yds instead of 50 yds to reduce target damage. Also no more handguns on the rifle range. Seems to help! Of course now the pistol range gets rather full.

ibanezfoo
06-25-2007, 9:48 AM
Bicyclists hog the road and act like a car going down hill - just a bummer of a fun road to drive on......

Yeah, the smartest thing to do considering all the blind curves. :eek: SPLAT

-Bryan

shawnyteee
06-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Well Angeles is great if you like long distance shooting with a safe environment with a little restrictions. I would personally suggest to go to Burro during the weekend. Usually when I get there, there would only be around 4 people max and during the last hour.. I'm all alone there with my gun buddy practicing strafe shooting.

Want a little more freedom? Go burro its an hour drive from where I live but its all worth it.

btw the road getting there is too fun to drive on... and watch out for the slow drivers holding up traffic.