PDA

View Full Version : Which 22lr rifle do you DISLIKE?

ethib
08-29-2012, 9:36 AM
My last post there was confusion. I narrowed my 22lr rifle down to 3 options and need help getting it down to 2. I'd like to hear negative comments about any of the 3 and not so much on why I should choose another rifle
GSG-5 -I'll upgrade to retractable stock and forward grip
10/22 - Either upgrade to red jacket/p90 airsoft convert or use nordic component parts to make a hybrid ar/mp5
Ar upper in 22lr - I have an ar 7.62x39 and could do a dedicated upper, and eventually buy another lower, probably a polymer

defcon
08-29-2012, 9:55 AM
i voted for AR22. its more expensive out of the two. you can put that money towards better use.

Yerman
08-29-2012, 10:05 AM
What are you gong to be doing with it? Running around commando style shooting various targets? Sitting down at a bench trying to shoot accurately? Planning on a red dot, .22 scope, or 1-4x tactical scope?

For instance, if you plan to sit a bench shooting groups, I think the MP5 would be a poor choice because the length of the mag is too long for a bench rest and a scope would look retarded.

My vote will depend on intended use.

ethib
08-29-2012, 12:18 PM
What are you gong to be doing with it? Running around commando style shooting various targets? Sitting down at a bench trying to shoot accurately? Planning on a red dot, .22 scope, or 1-4x tactical scope?

For instance, if you plan to sit a bench shooting groups, I think the MP5 would be a poor choice because the length of the mag is too long for a bench rest and a scope would look retarded.

My vote will depend on intended use.

Good point, I won't be seated. I spend too much time at a desk to sit, unless there is beer
It will be for general plinking and I'll probably take it to Montana to help clear all the ground squirrels at a friends place. I'd put a small inexpensive scope on it for that. I'm not planning on running around playing commando as I believe that's illegal and zombies are slow movers, but I would like to keep something compact

roushstage2
08-29-2012, 1:02 PM
Still voted for the 10/22.

joefreas
08-29-2012, 1:03 PM
If you don't have a 10/22 get that first.

joker70
08-29-2012, 1:15 PM
10/22. Many people end up spending more money to tacticool it when they could have just gotten the AR22 or whatever to begin with.

Yerman
08-29-2012, 1:29 PM
I recently had the same discussion. I decided that I wanted a .22 dedicated upper for a number of reasons:

- no DROS. Shipped right to my door
- set up exactly (almost exactly) like my 5.56 upper (magpul VRG and a red dot) this gives me the ability to continue to practice on a familiar platform with ammo that is much cheaper than 5.56

If it were me, I'd get a dedicated upper and set it up just like your 7.62 upper

I like the 10/22 option as well. Lots of upgrades. Accurate and well known. Scope or red dot.

For these reason, I'll vote against the MP5 clone due to lack of available upgrades and limited shooting methods (i.e. not a great bench gun)

Yerman
08-29-2012, 1:34 PM
PS, don't forget about the Sig 522 and I still think you are getting votes for what people think you should get, not what they dislike :-)

Best of luck in your decision.

roushstage2
08-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Post #6 and #8 seem to be the only ones that are the "like/you should get this" posts thus far. Quite honestly, asking which rifle people dislike is an ***-backwards way to get the answer of which one you should get...get it? lol

Izzy43
08-30-2012, 8:27 AM
Post #6 and #8 seem to be the only ones that are the "like/you should get this" posts thus far. Quite honestly, asking which rifle people dislike is an ***-backwards way to get the answer of which one you should get...get it? lol

I agree, so OK to stay with the OP's question, I don't like any of them. :taz::taz::taz:

MyOdessa
08-30-2012, 9:19 AM
I dislike .22 rifles I don't own yet.

23's Dad
08-30-2012, 9:33 AM
I dislike all of the above!

Get a 40X!

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/blosey/40X/P1000655.jpg

They will ruin you for other rifles! :D

ethib
08-30-2012, 10:51 AM

Well I looked through a lot of previous posts and everyone always likes saying what they like most. I narrowed my choices down based on my preferences and what people said they liked. With 3 options going back and forth in my mind I wanted to eliminate 1...or 2, by people saying why they don't like something. People generally say they picked X because of a certain attribute, but don't always compare it to something else, or its compared to something I'm not interested in. If people know what options I have narrowed it down to, then they can say they don't like Y because of lack of replacements, or accuracy or whatever compared to X. Maybe One of the three options is just problematic and I should be focusing on 2 options then I can easily stack the pros and cons of 2 choices.

roushstage2
08-30-2012, 12:58 PM
I guess I'm just failing to see why asking which of your top 3 choices you should get and why isn't the easiest/best way to go about this is all. :)
I picked the 10/22 out of your 3 choices because that is what's there. If you had a fourth option of "all of the above," I would have picked that. Others would have as well judging by the responses.

bohoki
08-30-2012, 2:34 PM
why dislike any of those?

why pit gunowner against gunowner its like the bolt action guys disliking the bumpfirers

but that being said i hate those armscor m1600 and ak-22 and anybody who owns one

just kiddin

ethib
08-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Well its been decided. Ar with dedicated 22lr upper
Thanks for the input
Now more research for the parts, cause buying a completed upper just isn't as much fun :)

CSACANNONEER
08-31-2012, 12:28 PM
I have two dedicated AR uppers, three 10-22s and a GSG5. While the GSG is a fun gun. It is an expensive toy for what it is. The 10-22s are great but, I'd NEVER get anything "Red Jacket" or make a bullpup. However, 10-22s are great guns and priced very cheap for basic ones. The dedicated AR uppers are fun but, it really depends on which one you get. My Carbon 22 has fired out of battery before. My CZ made one is great!

BTW, I would not call putting a FPG, retractible stock or anything fron Red Jacket an "upgrade". The RJ stuff is a downgrade in my opinion and the other stuff is just different but, far from an "upgrade".

Personally, I'd recommend that you get a bone stock 10-22 and then add to it as you see fit. But, a quality dedicated upper can be had fairly cheap. I paid $150 for my CZ upper, a junk quad rail, crap rings, garbage BUIS, a fake point, a fake 3x magnifier and three mags. I found it on CGN. I stripped the airsoft crap off of it and spent $50 on a new freefloat tube and grip for it. I put some expensive rings on it and am using the fakepoint and 3X for now. With a built lower, it still cost me over $500 for the rifle if I factor in $100 for the rings I already had. But, it runs like a champ.

MyOdessa
08-31-2012, 12:47 PM
I have two dedicated AR uppers, three 10-22s and a GSG5. While the GSG is a fun gun. It is an expensive toy for what it is. The 10-22s are great but, I'd NEVER get anything "Red Jacket" or make a bullpup. However, 10-22s are great guns and priced very cheap for basic ones. The dedicated AR uppers are fun but, it really depends on which one you get. My Carbon 22 has fired out of battery before. My CZ made one is great!

BTW, I would not call putting a FPG, retractible stock or anything fron Red Jacket an "upgrade". The RJ stuff is a downgrade in my opinion and the other stuff is just different but, far from an "upgrade".

Why such an opinion about quality from Red Jacket?

ethib
08-31-2012, 12:53 PM

Personally, I'd recommend that you get a bone stock 10-22 and then add to it as you see fit. But, a quality dedicated upper can be had fairly cheap. I paid $150 for my CZ upper, a junk quad rail, crap rings, garbage BUIS, a fake point, a fake 3x magnifier and three mags. I found it on CGN. I stripped the airsoft crap off of it and spent $50 on a new freefloat tube and grip for it. I put some expensive rings on it and am using the fakepoint and 3X for now. With a built lower, it still cost me over $500 for the rifle if I factor in $100 for the rings I already had. But, it runs like a champ.

yea I hear things about red jacket, and wanted to see the actual performance reviews of the bullpup before I threw money at it. It looks nice, but until they release it to at least a few bloggers or something I dont want to touch it. If something fails then what?

And what's this CZ you speak of? I found a CZ customs but I dont see any 22lr uppers

james758
08-31-2012, 3:16 PM
Why such an opinion about quality from Red Jacket?

Um, Cuz those idiots at Red Jacket are a bunch of clowns.
I would not let those knuckle heads mow my lawn let alone make me a firearm.
All you gotta do is go to this one website called "Youtube.com"
and in the search thingee you put in "Red Jacket AK" and on the first page you get a fine assortment of videos.
Here is one...
http://youtu.be/kjWMjxZFKF4
Here is another...
http://youtu.be/od7zQ-dZhL4
They must have never heard of the idea of testing their guns before sending them off to customers.
and the list goes on and on and on with some *** scratching R-Tard who goes a little something like this..." Um, My name's Billy Bob Joe Ray, and this here's my Red Jacket AK, and Um, I'm gonna shoot it..." and........ it jams.

I've put together 2 Ak's in my garage with simple tools and they never malfunction. It takes effort to muck up an AK build and those idiots manage to do it all the time.

I HATE that stupid show of theirs. It's so fake and staged and stupdi. I hate that stupid girl on the show and the way she waves her ***** around like a magic wand to get guys to do everything for her. I hate all the stupid crap they say on the show like "This could be a game changuh" or "this aint nevuh bin dun bufoe."

OH!!!! and because they are idiots, they lost their FFL so the shop is now owned by someone else so they can keep their stupid show going.

Red Jacket = Crap!

You want to be on TV and be famous? Don't get upset when people don't like you just cuz.

CSACANNONEER
09-01-2012, 12:19 PM
yea I hear things about red jacket, and wanted to see the actual performance reviews of the bullpup before I threw money at it. It looks nice, but until they release it to at least a few bloggers or something I dont want to touch it. If something fails then what?

And what's this CZ you speak of? I found a CZ customs but I dont see any 22lr uppers

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=cz+v-22+.22lr+upper&oq=.22lr+upper+cz&gs_l=hp.1.1.0i8i30l4.343.343.0.8985.1.1.0.0.0.0.52 3.523.5-1.1.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.7XukRke05p0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=7e9041a74f73c7f&biw=1280&bih=694

JNunez23
09-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Too bad I couldn't vote twice! Don't like the GSG clones much, or the 10/22 tacticool look!

MyOdessa
09-01-2012, 4:37 PM
:rofl: I guess, I could have Googled info on RJ myself.