PDA

View Full Version : pistol gripped JIC 12 gauge?

courage1
08-28-2012, 3:19 PM
i recently went into a gun store and saw a JIC mossberg 500 12 gauge for sale. i thought these were illegal and you couldn't have them in CA? if they arent i wanna pick one up

R1J1D
08-28-2012, 3:38 PM
I think the law stated that you cannot have a pistol grip with a stock. either a pistol grip or just a hunting style stock. no pistol grip with stock... I could be wrong because I have seen some pistol grip stocks in cali but that could have been a while ago.

ke6guj
08-28-2012, 3:42 PM
i recently went into a gun store and saw a JIC mossberg 500 12 gauge for sale. i thought these were illegal and you couldn't have them in CA? if they arent i wanna pick one upyou thought wrong. They are legal in CA. They are openly displayed for sale in many CA gunshops every day.

I think the law stated that you cannot have a pistol grip with a stock. either a pistol grip or just a hunting style stock. no pistol grip with stock... I could be wrong because I have seen some pistol grip stocks in cali but that could have been a while ago.that would be wrong as well.

consult the flowchart for more info, http://www.calguns.net/caawid/sgflowchart.pdf

CSACANNONEER
08-28-2012, 3:50 PM
Wow, just WOW.

Jack spent a lot of his own time making the shotgun flow chart. What would make it easier for you guys to find and use it? Input from newer guys, like you two, could help others find and use it easier.

R1J1D
08-28-2012, 3:51 PM
thanks for that ke6guj I was thinking about the semi auto which is what I have, no bringing my semi auto pistol grip shotty to Cali.

R1J1D
08-28-2012, 3:53 PM
maybe make a sticky on the top of the shotgun forum I try to read all the stickys. and that chart is pretty damn important.

Wow, just WOW.

Jack spent a lot of his own time making the shotgun flow chart. What would make it easier for you guys to find and use it? Input from newer guys, like you two, could help others find and use it easier.

CasperSYTFU
08-28-2012, 3:54 PM
I think the law stated that you cannot have a pistol grip with a stock. either a pistol grip or just a hunting style stock. no pistol grip with stock... I could be wrong because I have seen some pistol grip stocks in cali but that could have been a while ago.

Pistol grip is ok.
Pistol grip and telescoping/collapsable stock illegal.
Per flowchart.

A search of shotgun flowchart turns it up.

ke6guj
08-28-2012, 3:55 PM
thanks for that ke6guj I was thinking about the semi auto which is what I have, no bringing my semi auto pistol grip shotty to Cali.even that can come into CA as long as it doesn't have a folding/telescoping stock along with that pistol grip. refer to the flowchart to see how all the laws apply to your semi-auto shotgun.

ke6guj
08-28-2012, 3:56 PM
maybe make a sticky on the top of the shotgun forum I try to read all the stickys. and that chart is pretty damn important.its linked on every single page of the forum, I dont know what it would need to be a sticky in the shotgun forum.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=166763&stc=1&d=1346198472

CSACANNONEER
08-28-2012, 4:01 PM
Pistol grip is ok.
Pistol grip and telescoping/collapsable stock illegal.
Per flowchart.

A search of shotgun flowchart turns it up.

ONLY for SEMI AUTOs. The OP asked about a Mossberg 500. A folding stock, pistol grip, detachable mag, etc. are all perfectly legal on a non semi auto.

jklph
08-28-2012, 4:01 PM
The JIC Mossberg 500 12 gauge is not a semi automatic. You can legally have both pistol grip and collapsible/folding stock with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

courage1
08-28-2012, 4:33 PM
i use my phone for calguns so im sorry that this was a unnecessary post i never saw the flow chart thing