PDA

View Full Version : lol

Riddler
08-27-2012, 8:07 PM
:cool:

Shapes And Colors
08-27-2012, 8:09 PM
Wow! Good on Springfield for quick service. The pistol looks excellent. Congrats.

Damiiaaannn
08-27-2012, 8:31 PM
Very nice. What did you have done?

Sakiri
08-27-2012, 8:34 PM
Gorgeous piece and that's some nice time on service.

Press Check
08-27-2012, 8:35 PM
Great looking pistol.

ElDub1950
08-27-2012, 8:35 PM
Very nice. What did you have done?

+1 why did you have to send it to them on day 1?

Farrier-1
08-27-2012, 8:43 PM
This burns my *****. Yet another Springfield customer has to send his arm in for repairs before he/she get's to use it. I too sent mine back for repairs before I got use it; Still waiting for return shipment.

I'm greatful that that SA is covering it's rear with customer service but the fact is, . . . . it shouldn't have to be sent back for repairs out of the box. I know it's not a $2k or $3K handgun but geewiz.

Attn: Springfield- Fix the problem already!

Riddler
08-27-2012, 8:47 PM
This burns my *****. Yet another Springfield customer has to send his arm in for repairs before he/she get's to use it. I too sent mine back for repairs before I got use it; Still waiting for return shipment.

I'm greatful that that SA is covering it's rear with customer service but the fact is, . . . . it shouldn't have to be sent back for repairs out of the box. I know it's not a $2k or $3K handgun but geewiz.

Attn: Springfield- Fix the problem already!

Its not really that big of a deal for me since i bought it used from a member on here. The member I bought it from helped me all the way through and even called Springfield and told them that he sold the pistol to me.

I was having the exact same problem as this guy. It seems to be a a common problem. I was researching on other forums and some people were having the same situation.
They also fixed it exactly the same as this individual. They put the bevel on the guide rod and reworked the legs on the link.
AMcF2I4BEpU&feature=plcp

XVIga_Rob
08-27-2012, 9:16 PM
My brother had to send in his NIB PX9151LP (B-day gift from me), before it would function properly, after firing 2 rounds (slide-to-frame fit). Prior to firing a round, it function checked perfectly. We stripped, cleaned, & lubed before firing. But, as soon as 2 rounds were fired, the slide was locked, and would not move without serious persuasion. It sucked to have to send in a brand new gun, for service. :rolleyes:
The customer service was great! While they had it, we asked them to perform a carry bevel treatment. Those cocking serrations are the sharpest I've ever felt.

My brother received the gun back (15-day turn around) with a slide-to-frame adjustment and carry bevel treatment, at no cost. It now functions perfectly!

Riddler
08-27-2012, 9:38 PM
My brother had to send in his NIB PX9151LP (B-day gift from me), before it would function properly, after firing 2 rounds (slide-to-frame fit). Prior to firing a round, it function checked perfectly. We stripped, cleaned, & lubed before firing. But, as soon as 2 rounds were fired, the slide was locked, and would not move without serious persuasion. It sucked to have to send in a brand new gun, for service. :rolleyes:
The customer service was great! While they had it, we asked them to perform a carry bevel treatment. Those cocking serrations are the sharpest I've ever felt.

My brother received the gun back (15-day turn around) with a slide-to-frame adjustment and carry bevel treatment, at no cost. It now functions perfectly!

Ya, you gotta love Springfields customer service. I have heard great things about them which is why i chose to buy 2 1911's from them, currently looking for 2 more. Can't go wrong with Springfield.

fullrearview
08-27-2012, 9:39 PM
SA has the best customer service I have ever had... With the exception of some little greek food place in SF.

Farrier-1
08-28-2012, 6:47 AM
If I ever buy another Springfield, I'm to figure in the standard Ca 10 day wait period, plus an additional 2/4 weeks before I can actually take possession and fire my 1911 :eek:

opie4386
08-28-2012, 7:14 AM
If I ever buy another Springfield, I'm to figure in the standard Ca 10 day wait period, plus an additional 2/4 weeks before I can actually take possession and fire my 1911 :eek:

Still better than waiting 6+months for a semi/full custom 1911

LovingTheYear1911
08-28-2012, 7:22 AM
I'm glad they have good customer service since they need it. It's like praising a car when 1 out of 2 go to the shop to get fixed. I don't get it. Get a USA made 1911. They don't need great customer service cause they don't need to go the shop. Just saying

Farrier-1
08-28-2012, 8:48 AM
Still better than waiting 6+months for a semi/full custom 1911

FAIL

Montu
08-28-2012, 8:53 AM
been thinking about sending in my loaded since its picky on ammo but unsure if they would do anything about that?

good to hear there was a quick turn around.

XVIga_Rob
08-28-2012, 8:57 AM
It is a manufacturing company with what appears to be a quality control issue. At least they stand behind their product, to make it right.

The part that bothered me was that I bought a "NM" model pistol specifically, as it is machined here in the US and supposidly held to a higher standard.

The pistol was a gift to my brother and I wanted him to have a quality pistol that would give him many years of service and can then be handed down. I believe that we got this, it just took a little TLC to get it there.

Riddler,
That is a very nice pistol you have. Glad to hear that SA made it right for you.

CK_32
08-28-2012, 9:00 AM
Awesome! Nice looking gun btw

XVIga_Rob
08-28-2012, 9:02 AM
been thinking about sending in my loaded since its picky on ammo but unsure if they would do anything about that?

good to hear there was a quick turn around.

What is the pistol doing or not doing, when you say picky on ammo? And, with what ammo? Maybe this should be a seperate thread?

powaybob
08-28-2012, 9:05 AM
I have 3 SAs, two XDs and a 1911 GI. I have had no issues with any after 5000 rounds through the XD. I did send the 1911 in for new sights but that was not a repair. So far I have had not problems with SA quality.

BajaJames83
08-28-2012, 9:07 AM

not worth the wait IMO

I'm glad they have good customer service since they need it. It's like praising a car when 1 out of 2 go to the shop to get fixed. I don't get it. Get a USA made 1911. They don't need great customer service cause they don't need to go the shop. Just saying

+1 on this there are plenty of other 1911's out there that are USA made and work out of the box. From what I've heard recently RIA's seem to work better out the box than many of the Springfields.
this is just my oponion and I'm sure to be burned for it.

Exposed
08-28-2012, 9:08 AM
Glad to hear it worked out well for you brother. ;)

Montu
08-28-2012, 9:09 AM
What is the pistol doing or not doing, when you say picky on ammo? And, with what ammo? Maybe this should be a seperate thread?

yea I've been meaning to start a thread on it..don't want to thread jack

I'll start one later

Riddler
08-28-2012, 9:18 AM
Glad to hear it worked out well for you brother. ;)

Thanks for helping me get through the rma process man. I really appreciate it.

Exposed
08-28-2012, 9:25 AM
NP bro. Thats what CGN is all about, or at least should be about......helping each other out.

Riddler
08-28-2012, 9:34 AM
NP bro. Thats what CGN is all about, or at least should be about......helping each other out.

Exactly. Did you get to shoot the full rail?

Exposed
08-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Not yet. Going this Friday to break it in. excited. :)

redcliff
08-28-2012, 9:03 PM
If I were to rank 1911 manufacturers I've seen initial problems with, I'd rank Springfield well down the list, with both Kimber and Colt above them. At least Colt has a lifetime guarantee now like Springfield, unfortunately the same isn't true for Kimber.

I'd rank Springfield at the top of the list alongside Wilson Combat for customer service and warranty repairs after the sale.

Sample sizes of 1 can be misleading. And things that are huge problems requiring warranty repairs for some people are routinely fixed by others owners by tensioning their extractors themselves or stoning a burr.

KWB977
08-28-2012, 9:24 PM
I bought a SA champion, and after 8 rounds I looked at the gun and the finish was comming off the lower where the magazine release and the ambi safety.......... sent it back, I was a bit annoyed but stood behind it and that is all that mattered to me.

LAKings22
08-28-2012, 10:41 PM
I've been debating between a Springfield and Kimber. I had my eye set on a springfield, as good as the customer service is I don't know if I want to deal with any out of the box problems. I think I might start to look at the Kimbers again.

Riddler
08-28-2012, 10:46 PM
I've been debating between a Springfield and Kimber. I had my eye set on a springfield, as good as the customer service is I don't know if I want to deal with any out of the box problems. I think I might start to look at the Kimbers again.

Look on the bright side, if you do need to send in your Springfield for repairs the shipping is free both ways and that gives you a excuse to customize your 1911. :shifty:

LAKings22
08-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Look on the bright side, if you do need to send in your Springfield for repairs the shipping is free both ways and that gives you a excuse to customize your 1911. :shifty:

Very true. Decisions decisions

Press Check
08-28-2012, 11:55 PM

I took full advantage of the free shipping and trip to the Custom Shop. :D

1911Luvr
08-29-2012, 1:30 AM

I suggest you spend some time on the web researching Kimbers and their warranty service. You will find much more reported problems with Kimber and unsatisfied customers who received little to no help from customer service. You'll also see a lot of problems related to their Swartz safety which Springfield does not have and thus will never be affected by it. Sure, any brand can and will have problems, but the length of warranty and quality of service is what makes the the difference in value.

For most companies there are only a few ways to support a lifetime warranty, either the profit margin is so high you can support a long period of returns or the occurrence of breakage is very low, or simply deny coverage and claim customer abuse/misuse/normal wear and tear as reasons for denial. In the case of Springfield I'd guess the number of actual problems is low, because we all know the guns and the American labor force to repair them aren't inexpensive, and SA rarely denies a warranty claim. This to me means they build a better gun than similarly priced competitors because they can an do provide a superior warranty.