PDA

View Full Version : Browning SA 22 new Miroku or Used Belgium?

thenodnarb
08-27-2012, 3:45 PM
I realize these are both high quality but I really want another belgium take down for my wife. I have one, and I want her to have her own.
If they were the same price, should I opt for the belgium or the new manufacture? Mine was built in the 60's and is in really good condition.A few scratches, and a few flaws in the finish, but the bore and crown are perfect.
I don't want to spend $600 on one thats been shot out though.
I've seen the belgiums, even grade I, listed for $600+ I also hear of them going for as little as $300 when found private party(and local to the buyer).

Anyone have any input?

BTW I have time to wait for a good deal. She can shoot mine until she gets her own.

Remus
08-31-2012, 10:40 PM
As you stated time is not of concern then I would look used for whatever I found in good condition first. Belgium's are more desirable for collectors purposes because they were quality firearms and they were "originals". Seems the most sought after feature are the wheel sight models. I would struggle myself to pay for a used Belgium gun over a new Miroku unless the Belgium gun could dot i's.

I own a Miroku, the only negative that I can say about it is that the threaded connection of the stock to receiver required a bit of loctite to keep it in place - other than that it is an excellent firearm.