PDA

View Full Version : Mesa Tactical Urbino stock (Benelli M4)

FLAWLS1
08-27-2012, 2:05 PM
Does anyone here have one installed on their Benelli M4? I really want to get one without the cheek riser, but I've read that they come loose after several rounds of firing. I wanted to get one for the LOP and the limb saver. So if you have one please give me your review. Thanks!

ROCKETW19
08-27-2012, 2:50 PM
I dont have one but read the same thing. have you searched the benelli fourm? seen a few reviews there. but all saying the same you just said.

am I weird but the full length stock is perfect I tried the Cstock in the middle position before i pinned it and it was way way way to short. I am 6-1 but I would think you guys have to be 5-2 to need a lil stock like that or wear body armor or something

FLAWLS1
08-27-2012, 3:04 PM
I dont have one but read the same thing. have you searched the benelli fourm? seen a few reviews there. but all saying the same you just said.

am I weird but the full length stock is perfect I tried the Cstock in the middle position before i pinned it and it was way way way to short. I am 6-1 but I would think you guys have to be 5-2 to need a lil stock like that or wear body armor or something
The standard LOP stock isn't a huge deal it's more so that the butt pad isn't to soft. I don't know if they make an aftermarket butt pad only (searched, but found nothing) but if they did I may opt that route instead. By the way I may stop by Canyon tomorrow and when/if I do I'll be sure to check out a price for you.

HKJay
08-27-2012, 3:53 PM
I have a fairly new Benelli M4 with Urbuino stock. The one time I shot the gun was at a shotgun class and yes, the stock did come loose twice. It wasn't a huge deal. It would start with a slight wiggle and gradually get worse. I just tightened it during down time. When I got home I used some loctite to lock the screw down but haven't had another chance to shoot it to make sure that it would stay put.

KMosley
08-27-2012, 4:18 PM
I have the Urbino on my 870, came loose once at the range. Red locktite did the trick for me.

Saym14
08-27-2012, 6:07 PM
I love the Mesa stock - sent you a PM.

ROCKETW19
08-27-2012, 9:30 PM
The standard LOP stock isn't a huge deal it's more so that the butt pad isn't to soft. I don't know if they make an aftermarket butt pad only (searched, but found nothing) but if they did I may opt that route instead. By the way I may stop by Canyon tomorrow and when/if I do I'll be sure to check out a price for you.

Yes sir thanks on price check

FUBAR
08-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Got the Urbino w/Limbsaver for my M2. Haven't had it loosen up on me but then I haven't put it through a class yet.

Since you got the Urbino for your M4, why not get the full length mag tube from DMW. It costs the same as their +2 extension. Then get their follower and its 922r compliant. That would be one sweet set up.

Sheik_Yerbutay
08-28-2012, 11:55 AM
hope this helps....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=8621866&postcount=25

TZL
08-28-2012, 9:10 PM
I've never had a problem with my urbino coming loose...

FLAWLS1
08-28-2012, 9:23 PM
Got the Urbino w/Limbsaver for my M2. Haven't had it loosen up on me but then I haven't put it through a class yet.

Since you got the Urbino for your M4, why not get the full length mag tube from DMW. It costs the same as their +2 extension. Then get their follower and its 922r compliant. That would be one sweet set up.
I was planning on getting a full length tube, but I'm not to sure yet. For some reason I like the look of that black spacer tube and my SPX holds 9 anyway. If I do buy one though I'll definitely be ordering one from Carrier Comp.
hope this helps....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=8621866&postcount=25
Cool, that definitely helps. Thank you for posting that link.
I've never had a problem with my urbino coming loose...
That's good to hear. Can't wait until I get mine.

smittty
08-28-2012, 10:20 PM
How do you like the "squareish" shape of the back of the grip where it meets the web of your hand? My friend got one of these stocks and we both noticed this.

The grip on the factory M2 tactical feels much better.

Saym14
08-29-2012, 10:26 AM
How do you like the "squareish" shape of the back of the grip where it meets the web of your hand? My friend got one of these stocks and we both noticed this.

The grip on the factory M2 tactical feels much better.

I agree. so I slipped the benelli grip off. it is stuck on with rubber cement. then I put the benelli hand grip onthe mesa stock with a little fresh rubber cement - works great.

TZL
08-29-2012, 11:34 AM
I have at least 2k rounds on the urbino now, I love it

Lop is great, limbsaver helps and I like the cheek riser when I was running an EO tech on it for a while

I was planning on getting a full length tube, but I'm not to sure yet. For some reason I like the look of that black spacer tube and my SPX holds 9 anyway. If I do buy one though I'll definitely be ordering one from Carrier Comp.

Cool, that definitely helps. Thank you for posting that link.

That's good to hear. Can't wait until I get mine.

jessegpresley
08-29-2012, 2:22 PM
When I got home I used some loctite to lock the screw down but haven't had another chance to shoot it to make sure that it would stay put.

Don't loc-tite or you may never get it off, I've seen it happen on the Benelli forum.