PDA

View Full Version : pellet or airsoft pistol with realistic recoil?

Bug Splat
08-27-2012, 1:58 PM
looking for a training pistol to practice controlling recoil and followup shots. Dont really care about accuracy, just the strong blowback action. I have a Walther PPK BB gun that cycles but its a very soft recoil. Anything like this exists?

mindwreck
08-27-2012, 3:25 PM
What gun are you looking to have a replica of? 1911 glock?

Back when I played. I built a double stack 1911 variant with a heavy slide and it recoiled more than my 22/45. Only issue is you can't use the normal green/propane gas. It had to run on CO2 carts since the recoil mechanism used so much gas.

Moonshine
08-27-2012, 3:43 PM
This is difficult to do because of the theory of relativity... namely that for every action there is an equally opposite reaction. It would be very hard with CO2 to duplicate the feel of a 35,000 PSI explosion when a cartridge expands and a bullet flies down a real pistol.

Hardwarejunkie
08-27-2012, 4:17 PM
I was looking at some airsoft stuff a few days ago and saw something advertised as hard or heavy kick.

I have a green gas 1911, HK USP and FA Mini Uzi - only the Uzi has any noticeable recoil and that's during FA.

You'd want to search for a gas blowback type gun preferably with a metal slide so that the mass of the slide makes up for the physics of the projectile.
I think the newer CO2 guns are more powerful than the green gas ones and run at higher pressure so they might have more kick.

I found this: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=11681

Grumpyoldretiredcop
08-27-2012, 5:45 PM
That's gonna be difficult, if not impossible, to find. I've used a fair number of airsoft guns, including CO2 powered examples from a number of makers, and none have had any appreciable recoil impulse at all.

beretta929mm
08-27-2012, 6:12 PM
The strongest recoil I have felt out of an airsoft pistol is still less than that of .22.

Bobby Hated
08-27-2012, 6:20 PM
i use a replica 1911 airsoft pistol to practice for IPSC competition. its got some weight to it, but not as much as a real gun. it cycles and recoils, but not as much as a real gun. the magazines switch out, but you cant drop them on hard ground like a real gun. all the controls are identitcal to a real gun and the triggger isnt half bad actually.

over all it is the closest you can get to a real gun and has helped my index shooting enormously at negligible cost. i only wish i had a backyard or somewhere i could practice everyday.

here's the gun i have:

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=32938

jcaoloveshine
08-27-2012, 7:40 PM
^ i have the KWA 1911 as well.

very impressive build quality. highly recommend it. feels just like my fullsize baer TRS (although a few ounces lighter), but it's got semicustom-style features on it and fits into a regular 1911 holster.

Bug Splat
08-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Cool thanks guys. I realize this is almost impossible to do. Maybe an electronic pistol that just cycled a 1lbs slide might work. I did a little research on airsoft guns and didn't find much. all the airsoft forums are filled with kids who have never shot a real gun so they are useless. I knew you guys would have some good info. ;)

I'm still trying to decide what pistol I want to train for. Either my G17 or CZ75.

glockfu
08-27-2012, 11:18 PM
You wont get a realistic recoil from an airsoft, at least any that I have ever seen. What you will get is great practice drawing, holstering and getting on target quickly. The rest you really need to do with real steel.

Yugo
08-27-2012, 11:24 PM
I have a full size HK airsoft and a 1911 both propane/green gas powered blowback and they are awesome. the HK ran $150 and the other $100 they are not cheap toys! They blow back pretty hard and are heavy just like the real ones....in fact they look/feel 98% real.

caldude
08-28-2012, 7:54 AM
I'm looking to get the KWA CZ75 as a home training gun. Sure it's not cheap, but Christmas isn't too far away!

mindwreck
08-28-2012, 10:13 PM
I've had those deagles before. There's recoil, but like everyone said, its nothing compared to a real gun. So you can't really use one to get used to recoil, unless your extremely recoil sensitive.

the only reasons to get a airsoft replica is to practice form(drawing and target acquistion), or for force on force training where you obviously don't want to use real guns.

I was looking at some airsoft stuff a few days ago and saw something advertised as hard or heavy kick.

I have a green gas 1911, HK USP and FA Mini Uzi - only the Uzi has any noticeable recoil and that's during FA.

You'd want to search for a gas blowback type gun preferably with a metal slide so that the mass of the slide makes up for the physics of the projectile.
I think the newer CO2 guns are more powerful than the green gas ones and run at higher pressure so they might have more kick.

I found this: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=11681

sneather
08-29-2012, 7:42 AM
I'm looking to get the KWA CZ75 as a home training gun. Sure it's not cheap, but Christmas isn't too far away!

You can't go wrong with anything from KWA. They make fantastic guns, plus, they have fantastic customer service.

I'm partial to their MK-series 1911 models. They're hard-shooters, and really accurate.

A good green-gas airsoft gun (like KWA) will kick quite noticeably. No, it's not the same as a real gun, but it's way more than enough to help train.

ApexMolester
08-29-2012, 11:06 AM

I like mine Co2 replica PX4

Euphoria526
08-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Cool thanks guys. I realize this is almost impossible to do. Maybe an electronic pistol that just cycled a 1lbs slide might work. I did a little research on airsoft guns and didn't find much. all the airsoft forums are filled with kids who have never shot a real gun so they are useless. I knew you guys would have some good info. ;)

I'm still trying to decide what pistol I want to train for. Either my G17 or CZ75.

How dare you even contemplate it!! Train for your CZ!!!

beatstanfurd
08-29-2012, 1:04 PM
This is difficult to do because of the theory of relativity... namely that for every action there is an equally opposite reaction. It would be very hard with CO2 to duplicate the feel of a 35,000 PSI explosion when a cartridge expands and a bullet flies down a real pistol.

Newton's 3rd law of motion