PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love the GSSF!

GW
08-26-2012, 8:49 PM
Went to the Richmond GSSF shoot today.
Glock had an armorer there, as usual and he went thru my G-30 and added upgrades to it and he installed night sights on my G-19--all for free. (The installation--I paid for the night sights!)
The match was safely run as usual and the weather was great.
Helluva good day.

Gary13
08-26-2012, 9:27 PM
I need to make this sometime.

9mmepiphany
08-27-2012, 10:25 AM
The visit to the Armorer alone was worth the entry fee....with what I saved in postage. He replace more than half the internals of my Gen2 G19 and all the springs. I even got a Gen3 locking block and a front sight with a locking nut.

(Glock will do this free of charge if you send in your gun; but you'd have to pay shipping)

oogway
08-28-2012, 10:13 AM
There was no entry fee. Anyone can walk in with their Glocks.:D

ZNiner
08-28-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm kicking myself for not going. Next year is the final year of my GSSF membership.

Shenaniguns
08-28-2012, 1:05 PM
I'm hoping to go to the Yolo County match for my first GSSF event :)

checkenbach
08-28-2012, 9:27 PM
I was having issues with my slide locking back, the plate rack R.S.O's sent me to the Armorer after the third time. I told him the issue, he looked my gun over a bit, asked me how I was holding the gun. As it turns out, my big thumb was engaging the slide release, not a Glock issue, but an operator issue!!!! He offered to install a standard release on my G-34, but I declined. I adjusted my grip, and had no issues the rest of the match.