PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys feel about this?

laabstract
08-25-2012, 11:46 AM
How do you guys feel about this?

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/297514_10151109826888606_1402676846_n.jpg

:D

xpbprox
08-25-2012, 11:55 AM
Everybody gets a trophy just for playing right

Cpl. Haas
08-25-2012, 11:56 AM
Hey, it's hard work earning that ribbon! You gotta sign your name in cursive on the enlistment contract... raise your right hand (That involves remembering which one is your right hand)... and let some old guy in a white coat at MEPS touch your balls! That's worthy of its own ribbon right there! :p

laabstract
08-25-2012, 12:10 PM
I think the Sticker needs to be bigger.

paul0660
08-25-2012, 12:26 PM
So, everyone gets that ribbon?

I never served, have enormous respect for most, and have no idea what these colors mean.

I have met a few men, at my age of 58, who were "Vietnam era vets" who never got there, as most did not.

The best story I heard was from a Marine from whom I bought cars later, who heard Neil Armstrong landed on the moon while face down in a paddy, trying to keep the rest of him down.

Actually that was his second best story, and the Marine was face down, not Neil.

I just heard Armstrong passed away.

Cpl. Haas
08-25-2012, 12:38 PM
So, everyone gets that ribbon?

Yeah, that's the National Defense Service Medal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Defense_Service_Medal)... everyone who serves in the military during a time of "national emergency" gets it. Since 09/11/2001, that national emergency has been the War on Terror.

Milsurps
08-25-2012, 12:43 PM
During my time in the Navy it was called the,

Gedunk Medal – National Defense Service Medal. Considered meaningless, it was awarded to anyone who served in a certain time frame during and subsequent to the Vietnam War.

Navy slang1.htm (http://www.hazegray.org/faq/slang1.htm)

SgtMerc
08-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Firewatch ribbon!

Kid must be fresh out of MOS school. Couple months down the line and he'll replace it with a ribbon rack sticker, comprised of National Defense and Global War on Terror Service medal

CavTrooper
08-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Im a big fan of guys who put thier entire ERB on the back window, it makes me smile.

Comcam
08-25-2012, 1:57 PM
I need that for the back of my car! The pizza stain or fire watch ribbon!

Cpl. Haas
08-25-2012, 2:01 PM
He's missing his MOS patch...

http://d2jxk7u2ol2fk7.cloudfront.net/image/thumb/large/SpaceShuttleDoorGunnerPatch.jpg

rooster85
08-25-2012, 2:49 PM
The goold ol pizza stain ribbon.

roll2li
08-25-2012, 3:30 PM
Looks custom too, can't find it on any decal site I've checked up on

Yugo
08-25-2012, 3:32 PM
:patriot:

xpbprox
08-25-2012, 3:42 PM
I also question his choice in cars....

CBlacksheep
08-25-2012, 4:08 PM
My grandfather served with ASA between Korea and Vietnam. The only award he received was the Good Conduct Medal, although he never thought they meant much of anything. Doing the job, he said, was much more of an award to him.

LMTluvr
08-25-2012, 4:45 PM
Likely just an eager young troop. It is a little odd to glorify something that's more or less a participation award but to every man his own. I don't believe in stickering my vehicles. No need to make yourself a target.

mlevans66
08-25-2012, 7:11 PM
Whoa! That one big Fire Watch Ribbon there, killer!

guitar-nut
08-25-2012, 8:32 PM
Likely just an eager young troop. It is a little odd to glorify something that's more or less a participation award but to every man his own. I don't believe in stickering my vehicles. No need to make yourself a target.

For the most part I agree. Though I will be throwing an Army sticker and possibly the Infantry crossed rifles on my car once I'm done with BCT/AIT. But mostly because it helps with getting pulled over in my area :p I've yet to meet a local cop who's not a veteran, plus it's nice to make them less nervous when approaching your vehicle. At least they know you're probably not some drug addled scumbag.

6114DAVE
08-25-2012, 10:22 PM
For the most part I agree. Though I will be throwing an Army sticker and possibly the Infantry crossed rifles on my car once I'm done with BCT/AIT. But mostly because it helps with getting pulled over in my area :p I've yet to meet a local cop who's not a veteran, plus it's nice to make them less nervous when approaching your vehicle. At least they know you're probably not some drug addled scumbag.

I've had a couple of azzhole cops who gave me a harder time because of my base decals back in the day. Now I just rock " Marine veteran" sticker and a small US flag on the left rear window. Nothing too crazy.

ElDub1950
08-25-2012, 10:41 PM
IMHO - for everyone who knows that the ribbon means nothing, it seems really cheesy.

johnthomas
08-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Without that ribbon, some folks wouldn't have any at all, lol. I have a whole slew of awards and decorations....couldn't even buy me a cup of coffee.

Staz
08-25-2012, 11:17 PM
If it gets him some attention from a pretty lady.... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Pat on the back warrior work with what you got lol

SgtMerc
08-26-2012, 1:55 AM
I've had a couple of azzhole cops who gave me a harder time because of my base decals back in the day. Now I just rock " Marine veteran" sticker and a small US flag on the left rear window. Nothing too crazy.

I'd be willing to be that was not because of the base decals, but because you were driving in an area near a base.

When you pull over a base decal every other day, they stop being so impressive.

6114DAVE
08-26-2012, 6:47 AM
I'd be willing to be that was not because of the base decals, but because you were driving in an area near a base.

When you pull over a base decal every other day, they stop being so impressive.

Never got pulled Over in OSide actually. This was in Compton, CA. LA sheriffs

Horton Fenty
08-26-2012, 7:00 AM
How do you guys feel about this?

I think if I was a CHP someone would be getting a fix-it ticket.

xpbprox
08-26-2012, 7:09 AM
I think if I was a CHP someone would be getting a fix-it ticket.

Thank god you aren't

C.W.M.V.
08-26-2012, 7:23 AM
Oh god where is that kids first line leader?!
Funny stuff there. Reminds me of when I first joined up. My buddy and I were brand new privates and super hooah about being 11series. He bought a car (from a dealer right off base, because a cute girl at division replacement told him about the place...) And had "UNITED STATES ARMY INFANTRY" in 2 inch block letters stenciled across his rear window.
Well the E4 mafia took a dim view of it and cut up/rearranged theletters to read "I AM GAY".
He dro e it around like that for almost a month without noticing.

epilepticninja
08-26-2012, 9:10 AM
IMHO - for everyone who knows that the ribbon means nothing, it seems really cheesy.

I'm guessing the ribbon is there to get some love from those that don't know. Those in the know, know better. Mine even has a star in the middle of it. Guessing its for Desert Storm.

Scuba Steve33
08-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Did anyone hear that story about the National Guard soldier who did one deployment and after getting out couldn't find a job so he listed his only AAM on eBay and it sold for over five grand??? What a loser.

docsmileyface
08-26-2012, 10:47 AM
five grand for an AAM? ****, what could I get for my arcoms?

Scuba Steve33
08-26-2012, 10:51 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/veteran-gets-surprising-response-selling-army-medal-ebay-162944491.html

What a POS.

Linh
08-26-2012, 1:41 PM
This ain't nothing you should see the OIF flag on the back of my ride........jk

But seriously WTF??????? That flags spells out PRIVATE just got out of AIT. (no disrespect mean to all the normal privates out there)

6114DAVE
08-26-2012, 3:43 PM
Being overtly " moto" is pretty much 80% of non NCOs/boots

jmsenk
08-28-2012, 7:57 PM
This has gotta be a joke... some guys in a team playing a big "**** you" on a guy who hasn't deployed.

Matt1984
08-29-2012, 12:26 AM
This is that e-4 who fell through the cracks and has been in for ten years without getting chaptered, I guarantee it. Telling war stories about how he took IDF while sitting guard at the sparwar internet cafe or what ever the hell its called........Your time is up!

Maddog5150
08-29-2012, 2:52 AM
Did anyone hear that story about the National Guard soldier who did one deployment and after getting out couldn't find a job so he listed his only AAM on eBay and it sold for over five grand??? What a loser.

I dunno man, when the chips are down and its 4th down with a seconds left in the game, what would you do to keep your family fed?
I'd probably whore myself out to fat chicks tho...

chris
08-29-2012, 5:13 AM
Dude that thing looks stupid.

AfghanVetOrcutt
08-29-2012, 7:53 AM
Leave my car and sticker out of this :cool2:. Y'all are just jealous anyways, you wish you had a sweet sticker to get you all of the vaginas.

Seriously though, wtf. :facepalm:

Snoopy47
08-31-2012, 4:13 PM
I have a sense that idiot is one of those that didn’t make it through an MOS school, and got discharged. Otherwise he’d have more important ones to show off which are just as easy to get by showing up to the game.

GWOT for instance says more than the Defense Ribbon. EVERYONE gets the Defense Ribbon, but at least we have to be active for 30+ days to get GWOT, and at least GWOT says where and why you have a Defense Ribbon. Then more impressive yet would be a campaign ribbon from a deployment.
There’s a reason he stopped there with the defense ribbon.

Maddog5150
09-02-2012, 9:49 PM
He is probably the same guy who walks around gun shops, bars, shooting ranges and clubs with his dog tags hanging out

BushcraftToday
09-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Looks like it was Photo shopped on there. Just my opinion.

Sent from my Tactical Communication Device.

Raider510
09-03-2012, 12:40 AM
If I was that guy's squad leader, I would rip him a new one.

That s**t is hilarious, though lol!

Mr.Caketown
09-03-2012, 9:53 PM
This is that e-4 who fell through the cracks and has been in for ten years without getting chaptered, I guarantee it. Telling war stories about how he took IDF while sitting guard at the sparwar internet cafe or what ever the hell its called........Your time is up!

^this right here .... ive seen it many a time , especially at the MWR phones down range.

docsmileyface
09-04-2012, 6:31 AM
We had this dude who's PEQ-4 fell off because he didn't tie it down, so they gave him a statement of charges after it got ran over by a truck - his mom took care of his bank account and wanted to know what the $800 dollars missing from his account was so he told her this story about how his laser got shot off in a firefight (he was a mechanic assigned to our wrecker, never did anything except sleep), and how instead of getting a medal they were charging him. Best line he said was "I've seen the face of war ma. And it's changed me."

ch47gunner
09-04-2012, 3:39 PM
This one's a bit more subtle -
And yes, dollars to donuts, he's an fng.

Bruce

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f232/ch47gunner/corvette82/P9030019.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f232/ch47gunner/corvette82/P9030016.jpg

Matt1984
09-04-2012, 4:00 PM
You know how you can tell a fobbit from a guy who goes outside the wire? Fobbits have a magazine pouch on their M16 buttstock.

racky
09-04-2012, 7:13 PM
unlike the post 9/11 noobs, i earned my national defense with operation noble eagle. i was in an ACS armed to the teeth guarding a radar. but ya, it's a gimme medal now so it lost it's importance.

Snoopy47
09-04-2012, 7:35 PM
This one's a bit more subtle -
And yes, dollars to donuts, he's an fng.

Bruce

Why would an FNG have a Vietnam ribbon? He better be 60+

C.W.M.V.
09-04-2012, 7:48 PM
You know how you can tell a fobbit from a guy who goes outside the wire? Fobbits have a magazine pouch on their M16 buttstock.

Na, we spent some time at FOB's where we had to do that lame **** or else the fobbit chain of command gave us hell.

Why would an FNG have a Vietnam ribbon? He better be 60+

Thats what I was thinking.

Scuba Steve33
09-04-2012, 7:50 PM
You know how you can tell a fobbit from a guy who goes outside the wire?

If you're at a FOB at all? :p

laabstract
09-04-2012, 8:29 PM
Whats a FOB???

C.W.M.V.
09-04-2012, 8:37 PM
Everything was a fob in the beginning.
(Or a camp, lots of camps. Camp war eagle SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKE D)

Then I came back and they started with this "combat outpost" BS. WTF is a combat outpost? Forward Op base isn't tactical enough I guess.

I blame it on what I think of as the "plastic AR mag" crowd.

Scuba Steve33
09-04-2012, 8:45 PM
Everything was a fob in the beginning.
(Or a camp, lots of camps. Camp war eagle SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKE D)

Then I came back and they started with this "combat outpost" BS. WTF is a combat outpost? Forward Op base isn't tactical enough I guess.

I blame it on what I think of as the "plastic AR mag" crowd.

A COP is a tiny base large enough for one platoon in an isolated area. If you have electricity, running water and AC/heater you're not at a COP lol.

Matt1984
09-04-2012, 8:48 PM
Whats a FOB???

fob-forward operating base
cop- combat out post

C.W.M.V.
09-04-2012, 9:14 PM
A COP is a tiny base large enough for one platoon in an isolated area. If you have electricity, running water and AC/heater you're not at a COP lol.

Dude been there done that got the t-shirt, but no one (at least that I knew of) called them that when I first got in country at the end of OIF 1. I came back two years later and all these tacticool names were attached to everything. i had to learn a whole freakin new language!

Camps and FOB's.
Oh and patrol bases, duh.

Scuba Steve33
09-04-2012, 9:41 PM
Dude been there done that got the t-shirt, but no one (at least that I knew of) called them that when I first got in country at the end of OIF 1. I came back two years later and all these tacticool names were attached to everything. i had to learn a whole freakin new language!

Camps and FOB's.
Oh and patrol bases, duh.

I heard firebase was a popular name in the beginning for COPs as well. We still use that... sort of.

C.W.M.V.
09-04-2012, 9:54 PM
Actually yes, I recall living in a connex on a fire base.

And a former marine base outside of Fallujah we occupied, I think it was called a firebase.
We got the bunker there, it was awesome! But very dark...

bondmid003
09-05-2012, 9:29 PM
Looks like a photoshop job

Nate87
09-07-2012, 8:29 PM

It's funny because it's true. We call it a POG pouch bacause they are the only ones that use them. But then you end up in an AO where you get in firefights every day. That's about when you find yourself stuffing mags and 203's in every possible pouch/pocket. Then that POG pouch becomes not so POG-ish

As for the sticker, NOW THAT'S SOME DOG GONE MOTIVATED TRASH YOU UNDERSTAND ME!! And sadly, that isn't the first time I've seen that size National Defense sticker on a rear window. My guess is he is either straight out of boot camp, or judging by the car, that's his mom's or girlfriend's car and they are just SOOOO PROUD of their big guy :rolleyes:

Scuba Steve33
09-07-2012, 8:35 PM
It's funny because it's true. We call it a POG pouch bacause they are the only ones that use them. But then you end up in an AO where you get in firefights every day. That's about when you find yourself stuffing mags and 203's in every possible pouch/pocket. Then that POG pouch becomes not so POG-ish

Add more mag pouches to your kit. I had 12 mags on my kit alone. Guys with 320s also used MOLLE belts from other pieces of gear and attached more 40mm pouches to. Plus our assault packs were loaded with grenades and ammo.

Matt1984
09-07-2012, 9:01 PM
Or them fat boys who would stuff a cargo pocket with two otis spunkmeyer chocolate chip muffin.....Fat boys!

thomas.lugo
09-07-2012, 9:17 PM
Yeah everyone gets this ribbon. And whoever this is, may not have earned any more ribbons than this one. Maybe someone just wants to remind us that we are at war defending our nation's freedom... I say at least this person isn't doesn't have some giant stack that you know has way too many ribbons to be true. Especially if the owner of this car is in his/her early twenties. Just my opinion.

thomas.lugo
09-07-2012, 9:20 PM

Or they sit way out in the open atop a roof, while on guard post posing for the camera. Boot!

thomas.lugo
09-07-2012, 9:21 PM
Semper Fi Marines

A Fatal Err
11-27-2012, 12:58 PM
It's funny how quick you guys are to bash the ND Ribbon. You realize that you only get this ribbon for having the balls to sign during a time of war...

Oh and matt, most grunts (not fobbits) carry a holdout m4 mag on their butt-stocks.

thebloodsonthewall
11-28-2012, 5:13 PM
It's funny how quick you guys are to bash the ND Ribbon. You realize that you only get this ribbon for having the balls to sign during a time of war...

Oh and matt, most grunts (not fobbits) carry a holdout m4 mag on their butt-stocks.

None of the grunts I worked with had a mag pouch on their M-4. They just put a magazine in their pocket when on the FOB.

I don't think you should have any military decals on your vehicle while you are serving but a ND Ribbon? Really? . After you retire cool but you don't need to make yourself a target.

My favorites are the SF dudes with Quiet Professional stickers. Figure that one out.

Scuba Steve33
11-28-2012, 5:29 PM

Fobbits have M16s lol.

None of the grunts I worked with had a mag pouch on their M-4. They just put a magazine in their pocket when on the FOB.

I don't think you should have any military decals on your vehicle while you are serving but a ND Ribbon? Really? . After you retire cool but you don't need to make yourself a target.

My favorites are the SF dudes with Quiet Professional stickers. Figure that one out.

Yup. I never saw a single infantryman with one of those on his buttstock.

I wouldn't say having the ND ribbon automatically makes you have balls. My recruiter joined as admin and is a permanent recruiter. Dude has never and will never deploy. Does he have anymore balls than some idiot in my International Relations class? Nope.

HelmandHunter
11-28-2012, 10:10 PM

^This statement... Who you with? What plane of existence do you teleport into where the 03's run around with hitch-hikers on their collapsibles? I have to disagree with you.

The Nat'l Defense sticker... I think it's some joker of a lance cooley being funny. Either way, yeah that's great people enlist. The fact remains, it's a hard-knock economy. People are looking for stability and finding it with the mil. People that have no desire to fight, they just want work and will admit this to you. That being said, a dude running around with a firewatch ribbon doesn't mean sh*t.

Matt1984
11-28-2012, 10:29 PM

Please tell me your joking right? Your sounding like your a pfc for the Salvation Army reserves

A Fatal Err
11-29-2012, 6:28 AM
Alright then let me rephrase this, maybe you 11B's don't use buttstock mags but most 03's in the Marines do. As to who I'm with, 1st Recon A co. 2nd Plt. No I'm no pcf either.

epwegmann
11-29-2012, 11:52 AM
What can I say, that is one sweet Toyota!

HelmandHunter
11-29-2012, 1:53 PM
I am right across the street from 1st Force (Recon) and I have yet to see any 0321's with hitch-hikers on their stocks bro hahahahahaha

A Fatal Err
11-30-2012, 1:17 AM
There is no across the street from Recon, we live in our own area....plus why the hell would we walk around Pendleton with mags on our rifles. That is only done in Afghan

A Fatal Err
11-30-2012, 1:21 AM
Helmand who are you with?

the86d
11-30-2012, 3:38 AM
Firewatch ribbon!

Kid must be fresh out of MOS school. Couple months down the line and he'll replace it with a ribbon rack sticker, comprised of National Defense and Global War on Terror Service medal

In a few years it WILL be replaced by a "good cookie"...

HelmandHunter
11-30-2012, 5:05 PM
Dude I said 1st Force, you are with Battalion out of margarita, Force is in my area, Im ANGLICO

A Fatal Err
12-01-2012, 1:38 AM
Again, why would you walk around pendleton with them. That would be reatarded

Scuba Steve33
12-01-2012, 11:24 AM
That would be reatarded

http://www.seoboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/implied-facepalm.jpg

HelmandHunter
12-01-2012, 5:35 PM
I have yet to see dudes in training or deployment, sport these since everyone was rockin a2 stocks during OIF times. If you are rigging mag pouches on your stock that is unique to yourself, your team, or company.

The reason is the collapsibles adjustability being hindered by hitch hikers, and shooters that learn to become ambidextrous screw themselves when switching to their support side. You cant get a cheek weld with a PMAG on your stock.

But its all preference man, if thats how you do business and you are effective, thats you.

Are you an 0321 or an 06?

Subotai
12-01-2012, 5:53 PM
Whats a FOB???

http://pvtmurphy.com/Prints/Fobbit%202.htm

laabstract
12-02-2012, 10:27 AM
http://pvtmurphy.com/Prints/Fobbit%202.htm

hahahahah that made my day

When I was down range I did notice some people on bigger FOBS like BIAP and Liberty carry around A2's with Mag Pouches, but I did see Mag Pouches on M4's but they were mostly signal or medical and hardly left the wire.

GMG
12-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Last year my grandson sent his grandma a pic of himself in his dress blues. And has ribbon on his chest, I'm thinking WTF you just got out of boot. I didn't know anything about the ND ribbon!

themailman
12-02-2012, 3:46 PM
I was proud of my ND ribbon....until I got a bunch of other ribbons....

Snoopy47
12-02-2012, 4:06 PM

It’s a ribbon that is duplicated by what other ribbons imply.

GWOT says you were active during the global war on terror. The Afgan or Iraq ribbons say WHERE you were deployed, and not having one says you weren’t deployed.

Having an AIT ribbon says you graduated AIT, but anyone that has GWOT would have already graduated in order to serve active duty. So the rainbow ribbon is also a duplicate ribbon.

Essentially, anyone 30 days out of AIT and active duty gets one entire row as a freebie. Reservists won’t get the GWOT until they get orders that are 30 consecutive days or more (or deployed of course).

Having “only” the ND to me means the guy washed out of the Army, and didn’t complete either BCT or AIT. Otherwise he would have branded his car with a more specific award representative of his service.

However, the ND is the highest award new soldiers will have for some time until they get an achievement medal or better (even the good conduct supersedes it). If someone ends their military service with the ND being their highest award then something is amiss.

Scuba Steve33
12-02-2012, 4:23 PM
You get a ribbon for graduating AIT?? WTF?

Also, the standard three ribbons (for the Army- ND, GWOT and Army Service) are not given anymore. I believe you only get two, maybe one but definitely not all three.

Dark Sky Solutions
12-02-2012, 5:45 PM
Hey, those look familiar. I have 2. Lmao.

Seriously though. Wtf. Way to moto for me

Sent from my IPad so... Ease off the spelling

Snoopy47
12-03-2012, 11:36 PM

Also, the standard three ribbons (for the Army- ND, GWOT and Army Service) are not given anymore. I believe you only get two, maybe one but definitely not all three.

I got all three on my DD214 when I was issued it last september after my last set of orders ended. My 4th is the overseas training ribbon.

30+ consecutive days of active outside of tradoc get's the GWOT
I got the overseas training ribbon as well, an picked up 18 days of overseas duty on my DD214 as well.

The only actual ribbon "given" to me was my ND. I am authorized to wear the others and bought them myself.

I even got my qual badges on my 214.

Scuba Steve33
12-04-2012, 12:54 PM
I got all three on my DD214 when I was issued it last september after my last set of orders ended. My 4th is the overseas training ribbon.

30+ consecutive days of active outside of tradoc get's the GWOT
I got the overseas training ribbon as well, an picked up 18 days of overseas duty on my DD214 as well.

The only actual ribbon "given" to me was my ND. I am authorized to wear the others and bought them myself.

I even got my qual badges on my 214.

You "even" get everything you earn on your 214 lol.

chris
12-04-2012, 4:14 PM

they should still get the Army service ribbon upon graduation from AIT it has been like that for years. i got it when i graduated AIT in 91. it was called the "thanks for coming" ribbon. they when DADT was put in. it was called "DADT" ribbon for the rainbow colors it has.

as for the ND ribbon that was given out years after Desert Storm and stoppod for a brief time then awarded again when the current war started up.

Scuba Steve33
12-04-2012, 6:58 PM
they should still get the Army service ribbon upon graduation from AIT it has been like that for years. i got it when i graduated AIT in 91. it was called the "thanks for coming" ribbon. they when DADT was put in. it was called "DADT" ribbon for the rainbow colors it has.

as for the ND ribbon that was given out years after Desert Storm and stoppod for a brief time then awarded again when the current war started up.

Which ones do they not give out after basic anymore? I know you don't get three now.

chris
12-04-2012, 7:03 PM
Which ones do they not give out after basic anymore? I know you don't get three now.

correction i finished my first AIT in 90. yeah i'm old. i never knew the GWOT medal was handed out after AIT. i know the Army Service Ribbon and National Defense have been given out after AIT. but like i said it has been discontinued before the National Defense Ribbon.

was the GWOT medal given out to those who were not in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Scuba Steve33
12-04-2012, 7:13 PM
correction i finished my first AIT in 90. yeah i'm old. i never knew the GWOT medal was handed out after AIT. i know the Army Service Ribbon and National Defense have been given out after AIT. but like i said it has been discontinued before the National Defense Ribbon.

was the GWOT medal given out to those who were not in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Yeah you are haha.

When I graduated I got the Army Service, ND and GWOT. I had a buddy who joined a year or two after I did and he only got two.

chris
12-04-2012, 7:16 PM
Yeah you are haha.

When I graduated I got the Army Service, ND and GWOT. I had a buddy who joined a year or two after I did and he only got two.

yep i'm an old fart with a dirty mind. i call my platoon seargant old man and he's younger than me. LOL.

i had no idea the GWOT was given out after AIT.

FMJBT
12-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Someone had to be playing a joke on that guy. I wonder where they found the mega-sized McDonalds Warfare ribbon sticker.

laabstract
12-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Someone had to be playing a joke on that guy. I wonder where they found the mega-sized McDonalds Warfare ribbon sticker.

Probably had it custom made on post.