PDA

View Full Version : Saiga 12 with TAPCO Telescoping stock.

ralfo
08-25-2012, 11:34 AM
According to page 13 of the 2006 California Firearms Laws brochure (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/Cfl2006.pdf):

The term “assault weapon” also means any firearm that falls under one of the following definitions pursuant to Penal Code section 12276.1:

(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon,thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.

Does this mean that if I add the TAPCO Intrafuse telescoping stock with pistol grip to my SAIGA (Which has a bullet button), I have an assault weapon in my hands under Ca law?

epilepticninja
08-25-2012, 11:43 AM
I think if you pin the stock so it doesn't telescope, you are ok. But with a plain old adjustable stock, you are in violations and must immediately send me your Saiga as punishment.

Quiet
08-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Does this mean that if I add the TAPCO Intrafuse telescoping stock with pistol grip to my SAIGA (Which has a bullet button), I have an assault weapon in my hands under Ca law?

If the telescoping stock can extend/collapse, then yes, it would be an assault weapon.

If the telescoping stock can not extend/collapse because it has been pinned/welded in place, then no, it would not be an assault weapon.

Shotgun assault weapon laws, rifle assault weapon laws and handgun assault weapon laws are different.
What may be legal for one type of firearm, may not be legal with another type.

ralfo
08-25-2012, 5:50 PM
Thanks epilepticninja & Quiet. I figured as much but wanted to make sure.