PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when........

jrara
08-24-2012, 11:30 PM
you find a gun you like much cheaper after buying it?

Long story short I purchased a PPQ at a premium from one vendor then 2 days
after my DROS two vendors have them in stock at a cheaper price.

DOH!!!!

bsg
08-24-2012, 11:39 PM
the "Woulda Shoulda Coulda" syndrome torments some of us to no end; best not to look, because sometimes... ignorance is bliss.

congratulations on your new acquisition.

Synergy
08-24-2012, 11:50 PM
I have scored many deals... So if I have to pay more, I can qualify it against the money I saved from my previous deal! :p

Czsp-01-9mm
08-25-2012, 1:05 AM
Just look at it as you worked harder to get what you want

BenHa
08-25-2012, 1:07 AM
I AGREEE 10000%

onegtalon
08-25-2012, 1:13 AM
Don't think about it.... Like what the other guy said.. Ignorance is bliss...

Sent from my iPhone...

scglock
08-25-2012, 5:01 AM
This happens to everyone. Just shoot it and enjoy

23 Blast
08-25-2012, 5:22 AM
Ignorance is indeed bliss. While I've paid more than I perhaps should have on a number of occassions, either through my failure to shop around, my inability to be patient, or falling prey to the "got-to-have-it-NOW!" syndrome, I've also scored a fair number of bargains. So - in the end I like to think it's a wash.

Oh - and congrats on the new purchase, OP!

Capybara
08-25-2012, 5:47 AM
In the grand scheme of life, "oh, wow, you paid $50.00 more for a gun than you could have." Big whoop, life is too short to sweat that kind of junk. Enjoy it, shoot it.

zfields
08-25-2012, 8:55 AM
You should have seen how much I overpayed on my XD, not to mention when I found out the dealer lied to me about there not being a compact 45 model.

Euphoria526
08-25-2012, 9:10 AM
They told you they don't have a compact 45 xd? Was it before the press release of the xds?

Euphoria526
08-25-2012, 9:14 AM
It's already happene to me on my first. After I bought it my friends asked me if I haggled te price. I responded" what is this haggling you speak of"

zfields
08-25-2012, 10:04 AM
They told you they don't have a compact 45 xd? Was it before the press release of the xds?

Theres a XD 45 compact, which is larger then the XDs. This was quite a while before the XDs was released, but the compact was out then.

So I had it cut down to be a compact. Another one of my not so smart, impulsive ideas.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Eo6kNAS93jE/Tctnd6z3sFI/AAAAAAAAAMc/GONLLZWg9M0/s800/DSC00405.JPG

jrara
08-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Guys Thanks for the kind Words and support.

I'll go out and shoot the PPQ and think of it as a Early BDay Gift to myself.

VegasND
08-25-2012, 10:32 AM
If you buy enough guns and shop carefully it all balances out.

Congrats on the new pistol.

Euphoria526
08-25-2012, 10:39 AM
^^^thats a good idea. Don't let the man get you down!!!
Zfields- you had it cut down? Barrel included? How does that happen hahah

Eldraque
08-25-2012, 10:42 AM
If you enjoy the purchase. Then dont even sweat it.

zfields
08-25-2012, 11:07 AM
^^^thats a good idea. Don't let the man get you down!!!
Zfields- you had it cut down? Barrel included? How does that happen hahah

The XD 45 compacts have the same slide / barrel as the 4" service, just a shortened grip.

MA2
08-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Long term, the price of the gun is kinda moot...find your deals on ammo :)

Congrats, I hear PPQ is superb!

CK_32
08-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Try $900 of reloading equipment and seeing the exact same thing for $650 shipped online..

Then to top it off they promised a refund over the phone cause it was unopened. I drive down he street on a already busy day and I'm just about to walk out and the a hole that always has attitude like he invented guns comes over and says no take it home that's on you.. Because I had the decency to be honest and inform them I found it for $200 cheaper online to help them out with their pricing and possible price match and still make a transaction..

Then I offer to have a price match and still give them business if that's the case and he goes on talking sh**. So I figured the $200 loss on my part was a well into thousands of dollars of future bought product and my business and spread of word will have to do. Will never shop there again.. Never got the time of day or decent service or prices anyways.. Now I don't mind driving right past it everyday to my trusted shop across town knowing I'll get respectable honest service and good product rifle gear.

zfields
08-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Try $900 of reloading equipment and seeing the exact same thing for $650 shipped online..

Then to top it off they promised a refund over the phone cause it was unopened. I drive down he street on a already busy day and I'm just about to walk out and the a hole that always has attitude like he invented guns comes over and says no take it home that's on you.. Because I had the decency to be honest and inform them I found it for $200 cheaper online to help them out with their pricing and possible price match and still make a transaction..

Then I offer to have a price match and still give them business if that's the case and he goes on talking sh**. So I figured the $200 loss on my part was a well into thousands of dollars of future bought product and my business and spread of word will have to do. Will never shop there again.. Never got the time of day or decent service or prices anyways.. Now I don't mind driving right past it everyday to my trusted shop across town knowing I'll get respectable honest service and good product rifle gear.

Sure sounds like a California gun shop to me. I've only been to one shop were I wasnt treated like an *******. Markells in Santa Rosa.

Also, there used to be a guy at bullseye in san rafael that was really cool, but of course he wasnt a sales guy, but spent over an hour showing me guns just to pass me off to the dick head sales guy once he was free. I really hope they arent commission there.

helpme
08-25-2012, 12:19 PM
That's why it pays to wait. Immediate gratification has its' premium to be paid.

CK_32
08-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Sure sounds like a California gun shop to me. I've only been to one shop were I wasnt treated like an *******. Markells in Santa Rosa.

Also, there used to be a guy at bullseye in san rafael that was really cool, but of course he wasnt a sales guy, but spent over an hour showing me guns just to pass me off to the dick head sales guy once he was free. I really hope they arent commission there.

Yea I don't know where they get the big heads from.. They don't know sh** but swear they are god.. I'm some what of a younger shooter compaired to most 40+ and when I want in for a gun purchase I'm actually ready to just walk in do the papers and walk out then don't give me the time of day like your just a kid don't waste my time when good time Charlie over there just wants to feel cool and act like he's going to buy 50 guns and they swap complete BS so far off facts and stories for an hour then walk out with nothing while I wait for an hour gettin passed up time and time again and finally just leave.. Or they finally come up and start to be or have the attitude like come on hurt up already..

Like stock aid worst offender where my first post was from.
Followed by turners FV and coming up fast field time.. Rifle gear has always been knowledgable and great service..

Stocktake literally almost made me want to get out of the hobby because I figured if they were fun guys I wanted nothing to do with any of that attitude and disrespect. Glad I met a lot more actual shooters who know something and changed that..

zfields
08-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Yea I don't know where they get the big heads from.. They don't know sh** but swear they are god.. I'm some what of a younger shooter compaired to most 40+ and when I want in for a gun purchase I'm actually ready to just walk in do the papers and walk out then don't give me the time of day like your just a kid don't waste my time when good time Charlie over there just wants to feel cool and act like he's going to buy 50 guns and they swap complete BS so far off facts and stories for an hour then walk out with nothing while I wait for an hour gettin passed up time and time again and finally just leave.. Or they finally come up and start to be or have the attitude like come on hurt up already..

Like stock aid worst offender where my first post was from.
Followed by turners FV and coming up fast field time.. Rifle gear has always been knowledgable and great service..

Stocktake literally almost made me want to get out of the hobby because I figured if they were fun guys I wanted nothing to do with any of that attitude and disrespect. Glad I met a lot more actual shooters who know something and changed that..

This is why I buy online for the most part and go to a kitchen table FFL. Luckily the Cabelas and Academy near by have very good employees and decent prices on guns/ammo.

pc_load_letter
08-25-2012, 11:12 PM
I immediately called OakTree Gun Club when I head they had SP01's. Purchased one and had it shipped to my FFL here in San Diego. Sale price $649.

A week later, someone posts that CZ Custom has them in stock, $578..d'oh

No worries, I got the gun I wanted and supported a local gunshop\range.

Roland Deschain
08-25-2012, 11:48 PM
you find a gun you like much cheaper after buying it?

Long story short I purchased a PPQ at a premium from one vendor then 2 days
after my DROS two vendors have them in stock at a cheaper price.

DOH!!!!

It's even better when you go in to pickup your gun and see that the same shop is now having a sale and offering it at a much lower price :D

CK_32
08-26-2012, 12:03 AM
This is why I buy online for the most part and go to a kitchen table FFL. Luckily the Cabelas and Academy near by have very good employees and decent prices on guns/ammo.

Yea I wish I still knew a home FFL like I use to. Could have saved a ton of $$ by now. I was all for trying to support local business but after those a hole they can go f them selves and go under for all I care crap I'll deliver the eviction notice.