PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing sling

MidnightSon117
06-20-2007, 12:24 AM
I have an 870 Express Magnum, 18", 7-shot tube. I removed the extension and the spring behind the follower comes out. Is there also a ring to lock in the barrel over the regular tube as well? From looking at it, the ring looks like it can be removed as well, since the threading for the tube extension only goes halfway down the ring. I have no idea how to remove this ring which goes in front of the barrel ring. I'm guessing there's a tool for it, but I don't have that tool.

The sling has a ring which, as far as I can tell from the pics on Galco's website, is supposed to go in between the ring for the extension tube and the barrel ring. Anyone have any suggestions?

MadMex
06-20-2007, 6:02 AM
Here’s a link to get the disease started…

http://www.mesatactical.com

Black Majik
06-20-2007, 9:10 AM
I have an 870 Express Magnum, 18", 7-shot tube. I removed the extension and the spring behind the follower comes out. Is there also a ring to lock in the barrel over the regular tube as well? From looking at it, the ring looks like it can be removed as well, since the threading for the tube extension only goes halfway down the ring. I have no idea how to remove this ring which goes in front of the barrel ring. I'm guessing there's a tool for it, but I don't have that tool.

Sounds like you're looking for the magazine cap, it's a dome shaped cap that screws onto the magazine tube threads. You'll need a regular sized magazine tube spring also.

check e-gunparts.com (Numrich), they have a buncha 870 parts.

MidnightSon117
06-20-2007, 3:03 PM
So I can't put the sling on one with the 7-shot tube, I have to go with the 5-shot tube instead?

MidnightSon117
06-21-2007, 2:18 PM
Nevermind, got it done, with a vise grip and some old beef jerky. Now on to that mesatactical site!