PDA

View Full Version : digi urban camo on Benelli M4

ROCKETW19
08-24-2012, 3:55 PM
Just got this put together and to the range. gotta say with the Eotech it is way to fast and easy to plug holes. had a few FTF but I know it was from completely dry bolt and low recoil rounds. the slugs no probs even with dry bolt.
I painted cuz I had the desert camo and after adding all the after market parts it had to much black and looked silly so here we are now.

FUBAR
08-24-2012, 4:01 PM
I love the M4 with collapsible stock. What parts did you replace to make it 922r compliant?

ROCKETW19
08-24-2012, 4:14 PM
I love the M4 with collapsible stock. What parts did you replace to make it 922r compliant?

LOL what 922r. I honestly dont care about 922r but I do have tube, follower, forgrip and hammer.

worst thing was taking to gun smith and having the stock bolted in the full length position. looks great guy did asome job and can change back but so silly about the stock
then again only position I can shoot it in was fully locked so no need for shorter anyways other than its just cool.

SNCaliber
08-24-2012, 4:17 PM
love the camo looks great on your M4

R1J1D
08-24-2012, 4:50 PM
that camo is nicely done I like it much better compared to all black that my shotgun is at now.

what steps did you take when painting?

ROCKETW19
08-24-2012, 11:54 PM
that camo is nicely done I like it much better compared to all black that my shotgun is at now.

what steps did you take when painting?

Oh I am sorry I did not mean to act like i painted it. I have zero skills at that kind of stuff. I went to a place called Phatom finishing.
he takes forever and price is up there IMO but he did a great job and I am happy

fighterpilot562
08-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Sweet looking gun and paint job

1911Operator
08-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Just got this put together and to the range. gotta say with the Eotech it is way to fast and easy to plug holes. had a few FTF but I know it was from completely dry bolt and low recoil rounds. the slugs no probs even with dry bolt.
I painted cuz I had the desert camo and after adding all the after market parts it had to much black and looked silly so here we are now.

check your mag spring. my 930 kept having issues, got a new mag spring, mine was 8" too short

R1J1D
08-25-2012, 6:20 AM
Oh I am sorry I did not mean to act like i painted it. I have zero skills at that kind of stuff. I went to a place called Phatom finishing.
he takes forever and price is up there IMO but he did a great job and I am happy

haha no problem it looks amazing well worth the money, I'm a do it yourself type of person I just hate sending anything out to get worked on.

epilepticninja
08-25-2012, 9:41 AM
That thing is sweet. And I'm with you the 922r. I'm still waiting for someone to say the 922r police came to their front door.

FLAWLS1
08-30-2012, 2:31 PM
I like it! Unique looking and it looks like you did a good job.

CasperSYTFU
08-30-2012, 3:09 PM
Looks great. I've been wanting the EXACT same thing on my 930.
If you wouldn't mind PMing me what you paid? I wouldn't mind dropping my HD shotgun off there for a new coating.

I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

FLAWLS1
08-30-2012, 3:46 PM
If you wouldn't mind PMing me what you paid? I wouldn't mind dropping my HD shotgun off there for a new coating.

Wow, I can't wait to see how it looks!

CasperSYTFU
08-30-2012, 4:08 PM
Yea the factory Mossberg coating is incredibly thin and mine is all marred up already.

FLAWLS1
08-30-2012, 4:14 PM
Yea the factory Mossberg coating is incredibly thin and mine is all marred up already.

Yeah, it sure does mar up easily.

ROCKETW19
09-03-2012, 10:01 PM

wow I just noticed this. I take it you got my PM? what happened is it getting painted?

Sorry I didnt see this before!

CasperSYTFU
09-04-2012, 10:03 AM
No worries! I got your PM.
Very useful info.

I'm actually purchasing a .22 rifle for me and my girl to plink with.
When I set some funds aside I'm pretty set on brining my 930 to them.
I will absolutely post pictures to my journal thread whenever that may be.

Again, beautiful Benelli!

damngato
09-04-2012, 2:26 PM
Looks great!

CAL.BAR
09-04-2012, 3:04 PM
That thing is sweet. And I'm with you the 922r. I'm still waiting for someone to say the 922r police came to their front door.

Yep - we HAVE to stop feeding the 922r gremlins. NO ONE has EVER been arrested for 922r violations (EVER!) It was NEVER meant to apply to individuals. Just stops companies from importing MP5's and the like in parts and then assembling them in the US to get around the import ban.

Shanghai guy
09-04-2012, 3:51 PM
Wow - that sure is nice! :)

HighLander51
09-04-2012, 4:48 PM
Carpet Camo M1 Super 90, Limited

http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/gallery/image35836.jpg

Night Camo, M1 Super 90, Open

http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/gallery/image35837.jpg

Fherot
09-04-2012, 5:44 PM
There is no more 922r BS on shotguns. There's NRA news on it and even Wikipedia articles have updated about it when I was reading up on HK and Benelli shotguns.

Either way its a waste of time thinking about it.

Paint scheme looks awesome. I have desert camo Supernova and I love it but I can't help but look at other coatings like Cerakote or Gunkote instead of ever getting it re-dipped.

jmpgnr24k
09-04-2012, 5:47 PM
Awesome paint job.

Saym14
09-04-2012, 5:50 PM
looks great!!!

FLAWLS1
09-05-2012, 12:02 AM
There is no more 922r BS on shotguns. There's NRA news on it and even Wikipedia articles have updated about it when I was reading up on HK and Benelli shotguns.
Is there any truth to this?

ROCKETW19
09-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Is there any truth to this?

I have no clue but common sence says you would have to be doing something very shady for LE to even get that close to your gun in the first place. I cant even imagine what you would have to do to piss him off enough to take your gun apart to see if you have USA hammer ect.

my GUESS is if any of that happens you are already in deep poop anyways.

FLAWLS1
09-05-2012, 1:09 AM
I have no clue but common sence says you would have to be doing something very shady for LE to even get that close to your gun in the first place. I cant even imagine what you would have to do to piss him off enough to take your gun apart to see if you have USA hammer ect.

my GUESS is if any of that happens you are already in deep poop anyways.

Haha! True, but I think I'll go the 922r route just to be on the safe side. I'll wait on Fherot's reply and hopefully he can post some links.

Bobby Hated
09-05-2012, 7:45 AM
**** 922r. thats all i have to say about that.

nice shotgun though. is the cosmetic duracoat or cerakote?

Fherot
09-05-2012, 1:54 PM
Edit, found link: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=7180

Quote:

"Shotgun Importation Protections. Prohibits the Department of Justice from requiring imported shotguns to meet a “sporting purposes” test that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) has used to prohibit the importation of shotguns with one or more features disliked by the Agency, such as adjustable stocks, extended magazine tubes, etc."

FLAWLS1
09-05-2012, 2:53 PM

Quote:

"Shotgun Importation Protections. Prohibits the Department of Justice from requiring imported shotguns to meet a “sporting purposes” test that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) has used to prohibit the importation of shotguns with one or more features disliked by the Agency, such as adjustable stocks, extended magazine tubes, etc."

Fherot, I LOVE YOU MAN!!!:cool2:

ouch1
09-05-2012, 2:55 PM

Quote:

Nice!!! the part of the changes I like is listed below:
Importation of Curios and Relics. A prohibition on the use of funds to arbitrarily deny importation of qualifying curio and relic firearms. This provision ensures that collectible firearms that meet all legal requirements for importation into the United States are not prevented from import by executive branch fiat.

-ouch1

ROCKETW19
09-05-2012, 4:42 PM
**** 922r. thats all i have to say about that.

nice shotgun though. is the cosmetic duracoat or cerakote?

cerakote

I agree on the 922r

zzjosephzz
10-22-2012, 5:21 PM
Can you tell me how the stock was bolted to fix it for CA?

Looks like it is collapsed in one picture - Is that the position it was bolted?

Was the work well done and can you refer me to the gunsmith who did the work please?

Thanks = BEAutiful paint job.

JD

ROCKETW19
10-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Can you tell me how the stock was bolted to fix it for CA?

Looks like it is collapsed in one picture - Is that the position it was bolted?

Was the work well done and can you refer me to the gunsmith who did the work please?

Thanks = BEAutiful paint job.

JD

not sure how he got the button out but there is a torx head that fits in there perfect.
I have the button and he says he can swap back easy. I have no clue as I was not there when he did it.

zzjosephzz
10-23-2012, 4:44 PM
not sure how he got the button out but there is a torx head that fits in there perfect.
I have the button and he says he can swap back easy. I have no clue as I was not there when he did it.

Thanks

killathrilla
10-23-2012, 5:04 PM
I cant even see it the camo is so awesome!

snypr
10-23-2012, 5:36 PM
Looks awesome Rocket! Is Phantom in Walnut Creek by chance?

Rukus
10-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Looks awesome!

ROCKETW19
10-24-2012, 7:36 PM
Looks awesome Rocket! Is Phantom in Walnut Creek by chance?

yes well concord! new owner there now. I have some parts there waiting to see if the work is as good. hopefully his turn around time is better. I have many things I want painted but takes so long it kills me.