Well, I bought:

- CMMG M4 LE ModE in .22lr dedicated upper
- Stainless Bolt Upgrade
- BHOA option
- Forward assist
- Stainless collar
- 4 x Gen II BHOA mags
- Vortex Sparc red dot
- Raddlock AR Series Magazine Lock (using a lower that doubles for my 5.56 upper)
- Magpul MOE handguard
- Magpul MVG Grip
- 1500 rounds of CCI ammo
- 2 x Birchwood Casey Gallery .22 Rimfire Resetting Targets
- 2 x Impact-22 Rolling Steel Target
- 3 x Do-All Outdoors Top Hat Impact-Seal Target
- 1 x 60 - Pk. Shoot-N-C 6" X - Bull Target Sheets

Can't wait for everything to come in and get back to the US. I'm in Europe until x-mas time :-( At least I'll be ready.

defcon
08-24-2012, 8:40 AM
why the mag lock? its rimfire.

Yerman
08-24-2012, 9:01 AM
Good question. It's a dedicated upper going onto my Stag lower.

The Raddlock is replacing a Bullet Button which will allow me to quickly and easily switch between a locked and unlocked depending on which upper I have on.

defcon
08-24-2012, 9:03 AM
ah makes sense. didnt know you had a centerfire upper.

i have a AR15 with the raddlock but im going to get the CMMG bolt conversion instead.

Yerman
08-24-2012, 9:32 AM
Was going to do that but I was concerned about not having my Eotech (on my 5.56 upper) sighted in for .22. I know it's a little more expensive but I like the idea of having a dedicated upped wih a dedicated optic sighted in for 22.

Also, word is that accuracy is much better with a slower twist and the dedicated uppers have actual .22 barrels

So, accuracy and sighted in optics was enough for me to get an upper over the conversion kit.

D-rek07
08-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Dang!! How much did all that cost you?

Yerman
08-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Money is no object when you are having fun with guns ;-)

Tjfearl
08-24-2012, 11:34 AM
You are going to love that upper. I use the Black Dog mags that have the BHO follower. they are hard to load but they work well. My upper came with the the chrome bolt. I didnt order, but im no complaining. I will get the foward assist thingy when I find it in stock. I have mine on a 80% lower with a standard mag release.

Yerman
08-24-2012, 11:41 AM
You are going to love that upper. I use the Black Dog mags that have the BHO follower. they are hard to load but they work well. My upper came with the the chrome bolt. I didnt order, but im no complaining. I will get the foward assist thingy when I find it in stock. I have mine on a 80% lower with a standard mag release.

Just found those mags online. What's up with "bolt hold open feature may cause loss of one round?"

Tjfearl
08-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Just found those mags online. What's up with "bolt hold open feature may cause loss of one round?"

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/AR_15_22LR_s/52.htm

http://www.44mag.com/category/black_dog_machine

I don't know about that. I have the newer BDM 10 round 22LR mags and I fit 10 rds in no problem I have the EZ loader tool which helps but its still a PIA to load the mags.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/product_p/bdm-ar15.22-ezlo.htm

Joe bobs will also break down mags into rebuild kits for free.

MiddleKingdom
08-24-2012, 1:09 PM

Shadow65 is the .22 CMMG guru on Calguns. I think he can suggest the best setup depending on your needs. He should know all the tricks regarding the dedicated .22 uppers.

Have fun with your new purchase.

Yerman
08-24-2012, 1:23 PM
Shadow65 is the .22 CMMG guru on Calguns. I think he can suggest the best setup depending on your needs. He should know all the tricks regarding the dedicated .22 uppers.

Have fun with your new purchase.

Thanks for the message. I actually ordered my CMMG and all the add-ons directly from him. Maybe I'll shoot him a message about the Black Dogs.

shadow65
08-24-2012, 6:57 PM
I tested the BDM X mags and they ran great.
They will not work with the BHOA to lock the bolt back automatically. It can be used manually, so long as the mags fit well.
Auto lock back requires CMMG Gen ll mags and BHOA.
Dave N

Tjfearl
08-24-2012, 8:44 PM
The BDMs dont really lock the bolt to the rear, they just stop the bolt from going into battery after the last round. it makes it so the mag will not drop free due the the bolt against the follwer. but it lets you know you are empty and didnt have a FTF/FTE or light strike.

AUstate
08-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Your going to be very happy with your new dedicated CMMG upper.

I just got the chance today to finally try out mine and had a blast.

I just slapped on MagPul Rear BUIS and did not even have to mess with sighting anything in. Was plinking iron targets all day.

The only downside is California Gun Laws....10 rounds is just silly. I got real sick of reloading constantly. I was using Black Dog Mags. I thought they loaded easy enough, tried the Black Dog reloader tool, but was not fast enough, and as corny as having a string hanging down my mag looks, Im actually contemplating doing this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMOAv6rT30s

or something similar

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=2&f=328&t=175414

Yerman
08-25-2012, 12:35 AM
I tested the BDM X mags and they ran great.
They will not work with the BHOA to lock the bolt back automatically. It can be used manually, so long as the mags fit well.
Auto lock back requires CMMG Gen ll mags and BHOA.
Dave N

Thanks for the info shadow...I'll stick with the CMMG mags. But they are just so ugly ;-)

Tjfearl
08-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the info shadow...I'll stick with the CMMG mags. But they are just so ugly ;-)

and expensive and hard to find in stock.....

shadow65
08-25-2012, 4:03 PM
The mags kind of grow on you. And if you ever move out of state or go to a free state, the cores are expandable.
I have one set up for 35 rounds.
Steel feed lips/tower, nearly indestructable.

Dave N

Yerman
08-27-2012, 1:32 AM
You guys do know that it's bad luck to post in this thread and not post pictures of your CMMG dedicated upper setups right ;-)

Tjfearl
08-27-2012, 10:51 AM
I cant get on Photobucket inf Afghanistan but here is where I have a pic of mine.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=597276

Yerman
08-27-2012, 12:23 PM
I cant get on Photobucket inf Afghanistan but here is where I have a pic of mine.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=597276

My buddy is in Camp Eggers, Kabul, Afghanistan. Close to you?

I see that you are in Oceanside as well when in the states. He lives in Carlsbad.

Tjfearl
08-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Nah I am in Camp Leatherneck in Helmand(southern Afg).

Yerman
08-27-2012, 1:28 PM
ah, worth a shot.

Thank you for your service to our country!

NorCalDustin
08-27-2012, 10:16 PM
The mags kind of grow on you. And if you ever move out of state or go to a free state, the cores are expandable.
I have one set up for 35 rounds.
Steel feed lips/tower, nearly indestructable.

Dave N
*Cough* CMMG needs to sell the cores by themselves :P *Cough*

hehehe