PDA

View Full Version : M&P9 question???

garyc
08-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Hi,
I have a standard, full size M&P9 I like to shoot in competition. Does anyone know if I can purchase the 5" slide and barrel and use it on my regular frame. (id like the extra bit of accuracy for my competitions. It looks to me that the only difference between the 5" and the full size is the slide/barrel. I would have bought the 5" strait out but its not on "the list". Thanks for any suggestions.

Blackhawk556
08-24-2012, 1:35 PM
Once you buy the standard version,5" barrel, and slide you'll probably spend more than buying the pro series. Why dont you just buy the 5" and get it over with?? Roster is pretty much not an issue these days. Unless you live really far from a shop that does SSE.

garyc
08-31-2012, 5:57 PM
Thanks for the response, but what do you mean by the roster is pretty much not an issue if I use a shop the does SSE? What is SSE and can I get handguns that are not on the list such as the 5" pro or an HK P30?

OpenYourEyes
08-31-2012, 6:19 PM
SSE= single shot exemption. Search it here and you'll find everything you need to know. There's also a sticky just for this topic in this section.

To answer your original question, yes you can order the Pro slide & barrel from Smith & Wesson and it will work on your regular M&P. I was looking into this, but now am just going to SSE a Pro model once funds will allow it.

OpenYourEyes
08-31-2012, 6:26 PM
Here is a thread where a guy did this and gives prices & part numbers & everything:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=485370

garyc
09-02-2012, 2:33 PM
Thanks, i'll look into it!