PDA

View Full Version : hogue forend on remington 870 police magnum

David1983
08-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Just put a hogue forend on my Remington 870 police magnum... also replaced the forend tube and nut... but for whatever reason I cant get it to cycle a round into the chamber... does the hogue forend not work with a police magnum? any feedback would be greatly appreciated

CK_32
08-24-2012, 6:35 AM
Not sure about the fit I assume it should..

But I just wanted to stop by and say I had a hogue forend for a little while on my 870 and they are great forends.. Really grippy and comfortable I loved it. Hopefully it works that's a crappy downgrade if it doesn't and you have to switch to something else IMO..

My Altima favorite out of trying:
Factory synthetic forend
Factory synthetic tactical forend
Factory wood forend
Blackhawk forend
And the hogue which was by far the most comfortable IMO.

TacticalPlinker
08-24-2012, 6:40 AM
Just put a hogue forend on my Remington 870 police magnum... also replaced the forend tube and nut... but for whatever reason I cant get it to cycle a round into the chamber... does the hogue forend not work with a police magnum? any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Does the slide move? Does the slide come all the way back towards you? If yes, what happens to the round in the tube when you push the slide all the way back and then all the way forward again?

MXRider
08-24-2012, 6:46 AM
You might need to trim a little off the forend where it butts against the receiver. If it is a little long it could be causing it to short stroke, fairly common problem.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

David1983
08-24-2012, 8:29 AM
Yes the slide moves all the way back... The round just sits in the magazine tube... Any suggestions?

R1J1D
08-24-2012, 8:47 AM
can you take some pics of the action forward and back maybe we can see something little you might be missing. have you taken it off and reinstalled it yet looking for and rub marks or dents.

CK_32
08-24-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm assuming your tube might be out of spec if your follower or round getting caught?

If not make sure when you cycle the action the action bars monipulate that's what heels the shell in and moves to release it when being racked.

Just follow the simple machanics of the action from end to beginning and see what's not working right.. Trace the problem on making sure it functions how it should

David1983
08-24-2012, 3:06 PM
i just got this forend tube from remington... im wondering if its to short... the only way i can chamber a round is if the bolt is not in place... once I put the bolt in, the forend wont go back far enough to chamber the round... i feel like the bolt is blocking it... or the forend tube is to short

CK_32
08-25-2012, 6:58 AM
Ok take down did you twist or bend on of your action bars or make sure the bolt is seated on the metal slider thing properly? I've done it a few times the bolt and metal plate have to be fully into the action bars and in like a puzzle piece and they can come out on the smallest movement..

I'm trying to picture what else it could be but would have to see it function in person to tell for sure

Dozen Gauge
08-25-2012, 11:03 AM
compare your original action bar/tube and the new one side by side. Sounds like you might have the wrong tube and slide isn't fitting correctly. There are two styles of slides/tubes, old and new.